Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

:rofl:

You know darn well I'm not going to have angst, and any tears shed while reading are hopefully happy ones.

That said, did you hack my outline/spreadsheet?

Nine chapters posted and we've dealt with Janelle, Mr. Burke, old man Kennedy, Liz having cancer, a deadly boating accident, a drunk Ethan, (a sober Ethan with Sean!!!). Not enough? We even had a little confrontation with Rubio in this chapter! I'm not complaining, okay? The fact you remember the good times is a good thing. Last thing I want is to write a tear jerker, agonizing story! :D

Are you kidding? I said mostly sweet because the casualties in these 9 chapters were Ritchie and CJ, Liz and by extension Ozzie.. 

The loss of Mr and Mrs Dickhead was..well, they won't be missed. Janelle needed to be put in her place as did Burke. Drunk Ethan was funny until he was sober and with Sean.. Ugh! All that is small potatoes compared to what you've put us through before.. And I'm not complaining.. 

I'm with Spikey though, just waiting for Janelle to stick her tit in it.. 

By all means write the non romantical froufrou... (Thanks Dugh)

• Like 5

Are you kidding? I said mostly sweet because the casualties in these 9 chapters were Ritchie and CJ, Liz and by extension Ozzie.. 

The loss of Mr and Mrs Dickhead was..well, they won't be missed. Janelle needed to be put in her place as did Burke. Drunk Ethan was funny until he was sober and with Sean.. Ugh! All that is small potatoes compared to what you've put us through before.. And I'm not complaining.. 

I'm with Spikey though, just waiting for Janelle to stick her tit in it.. 

By all means write the non romantical froufrou... (Thanks Dugh)

I just replied to your review and then I started thinking about my locations. You know I try to make them realistic and varied (thanks again for the lead to Tao Uptown in the last chapter). However, with all the traveling CJ does, he spends most of his time in DC, NYC, or Miami with Sydney and Chicago lagging behind. I'm jealous. I want a townhouse in Georgetown and an apartment in the UES.

• Like 3

I just replied to your review and then I started thinking about my locations. You know I try to make them realistic and varied (thanks again for the lead to Tao Uptown in the last chapter). However, with all the traveling CJ does, he spends most of his time in DC, NYC, or Miami with Sydney and Chicago lagging behind. I'm jealous. I want a townhouse in Georgetown and an apartment in the UES.

You are so welcome, anytime I can help.. 

Im a good roommate...for Georgetown especially.. It's been too long since I've been to DC.. 

• Like 2

You are so welcome, anytime I can help.. 

Im a good roommate...for Georgetown especially.. It's been too long since I've been to DC.. 

It's been a couple of years since I've been to DC but I already have a long list of things I want to do and see next time. Same as with NYC! Maybe next year. This year I have a couple of small ones planned and a 2 week motorcycle ride with most of the time being spent in New Orleans... Laissez les bon temp roilez!

• Like 4

CJ in the Big Easy ... tres bon.

I've thought about it but decided the time's not right yet. If I do take him down there it'll be while he's in college. I think the dads would have a problem with him going to Mardi Gras on his own! Based on personal experience and what my brothers have shared of their own experiences at the festivities, CJ could end up drunk off his ass, passed out against a wall somewhere LOL

• Like 2

Somebody mentioned that CJ's friends are all good looking and in shape. We tend to surround ourselves we people we have things in common with and that's the cse with CJ. I'm sure this kid and our boy would end up being friends.

dylan-geick-gay-high-school-wrestler.jpg

http://www.pride.com/sports/2017/3/06/meet-dylan-geick-out-high-school-wrestler-inspiring-us-all

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Carlos, I thought you might find this interesting.

VEmdyAy.jpg

A Harley Davidson motorbike dealer on H Street, Washington DC in ca 1925, poses with members of the Harley Davidson club.
  • Like 3

Would really be cool if some info on the two ladies to the left. We're they owners too or just accompanying one?

Just like in aviation, some women were pioneers in motorcycling. I've read some great articles about cross-country female riders.

• Like 1

I think the kid front and center looks rather young. You think they had there own version of Harley?

LOL

I'm sure they did. I was never a gearhead growing up but I've met a few guys who might as well benn born with a wrench in their hands. And back then I'm sure kids like Harley wouldn't have worried about driver's licenses and stuff like that. I'm gonn have to take a look ans see when states first started issuing licenses.

• Like 2

First licences were issued in Mass in 1903. Could not find age limits in a quick search, nor when DC started issuing licences. Did find that tests were not required at first.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 3

T

First licences were issued in Mass in 1903. Could not find age limits in a quick search, nor when DC started issuing licences. Did find that tests were not required at first.

he age thing's all over the place. DC has one of those strict, graduated processes where your licenses has restrictions of some sort until you turn 21. In Florida, you can get it at 16 and the only change will be the bacground color of the photo. It changes when you turn 21 I guess for carding purposes when buying booze or smokes.

Wisconsin grants full licenses at 14. It's how Harley got his early by lying and using his grandparents address for his home instead of his parents' in Washington.

• Like 2

It's amazing how different the culture was back then. I always see pictures like this and think I was born in the wrong era. And then I remember internet, computers, video games, talkies, asthma medication, gay marriage legalized. Yeah, this is the era for me.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

It's amazing how different the culture was back then. I always see pictures like this and think I was born in the wrong era. And then I remember internet, computers, video games, talkies, asthma medication, gay marriage legalized. Yeah, this is the era for me.

If only we could have the best of both worlds, eh Spikey? Now, that would be grand. 

• Like 4

Perhaps because there remains so much more say before you draw to a close ...

That's part of it. I want to wrap up as many story arcs as possible. But I also want the ending to be memorable! And unlike with the first 4 books of CJ, I don't want any cliffies. I want the ending to be satisfyin and the story to feel complete. Even if I do plan on more after Walls!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

That's part of it. I want to wrap up as many story arcs as possible. But I also want the ending to be memorable! And unlike with the first 4 books of CJ, I don't want any cliffies. I want the ending to be satisfyin and the story to feel complete. Even if I do plan on more after Walls!

Leaving the door open for more good stuff with CJ et al is a good plan. :D

• Like 1