Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Leaving the door open for more good stuff with CJ et al is a good plan. :D

That's another issue I'm having to deal with. Trying to finish Walls but my thoughts keep drifting to the next book and I have to keep hitting the pause button so I can jot down notes.

• Like 1

Testing, 1 2 3, testing. It's going to take me forever to get used to this new format!

It seems during the conversion, chapters posted but not yet published went live temporarily. The July 2015 installment now has two comments! :)

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

One more test...

16142606_761659954000320_845333345271247

Taisha's
2009 Toyota Yaris

Nice car, though, I admit to being partial to 4 doors myself. 

I just learned  - finally, thank you Renee Stevens! - how to insert photos into posts (no more, you do not have permission messages). Back to the drawing board with the update, but I figured it out! Yay! Now if only I can fix my Activity stream... 

• Like 1

I should say, two chapters were posted (one by accident) and I didn't leave any comments like some ungrateful slob.  Well I'll just say here, I'm behind on comments for a few different stories, however I really enjoyed both chapters this week.  I think my favorite part of both chapters was how often it was mentioned that Owen is part of the family now.  He even calls Cesar and Brett the dads.  I mean come on!

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

I should say, two chapters were posted (one by accident) and I didn't leave any comments like some ungrateful slob.  Well I'll just say here, I'm behind on comments for a few different stories, however I really enjoyed both chapters this week.  I think my favorite part of both chapters was how often it was mentioned that Owen is part of the family now.  He even calls Cesar and Brett the dads.  I mean come on!

I have to agree with you about the family reference, Spikey. These guys - young and oldish (oops, almost put old :P ) are very big on family and being connected to other people even if the relation isn't by blood. The friendships in this series are a testament to that.

Loyalty and Acceptance should be their middle names. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, spikey582 said:

Spike, for some reason I'm not getting notifications when people leave comments on my chapters. That means I haven't noticed your missing ones so you can go sneak them in whenever you want!

Owen's been in the US for nearly a year and he's getting used to the country and the people around him. Cesar and Brett have been big on family from the beginning and as titular heads of the extended family I'd expect their attitude to filter through and be adopted by their friends and now their son's friends. Just you wait until you see what's coming.

4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I was thinking the gangs motto. Could add inclusion too!

We're seeing CJ develop his own set of beliefs as he grows. A lot of it based on his dads' philosophy. They're definitely accepting and inclusive. We'll see further developments in this area in future chapters (a lot of it you've yet to read.

But this is one area where CJ reflects my own beliefs and personality. Be aware I have Honesty inked on one side of my torso and Loyalty on the other side :P

6 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Seems like we need to refollow everything, including our own work.

I thought of that too! I followed all the CJ books this morning and we'll see if that works. I also mentioned it to Myr in case I've failed to do something or screwed up whatever I did. These are the times I feel old. I can deal with the changes but they sure as heck give me headaches. Bring back rotary phones attached to the wall, newspapers, and hand-written letters!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
43 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I thought of that too! I followed all the CJ books this morning and we'll see if that works. I also mentioned it to Myr in case I've failed to do something or screwed up whatever I did. These are the times I feel old. I can deal with the changes but they sure as heck give me headaches. Bring back rotary phones attached to the wall, newspapers, and hand-written letters!

I have been getting chapter Notifications, but it's early yet, so maybe some Notifications might not be working. I was thinking you should post the next chapter of Wallls as a test case. You know, to see if chapter Notifications are working for your story. 0:)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I have been getting chapter Notifications, but it's early yet, so maybe some Notifications might not be working. I was thinking you should post the next chapter of Wallls as a test case. You know, to see if chapter Notifications are working for your story. 0:)

Nice try, 1810! You have the first draft of the chapter so you have an idea of what's coming. Yeah I made a bunch of changes to what you read already but you have an idea. However, I'm going to keep you in suspense about the whole legionnaires thing until Friday. :D

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I'm getting chapter notifications for things I've never followed.  I'd actually stopped using the follow function a long time ago, as I visited the site frequently enough I knew when most of the stuff I read was updated.  But with the changes I'm getting notified for all kinds of stuff.  Consequently I did get notification on Saturday when July posted.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, spikey582 said:

I'm getting chapter notifications for things I've never followed.  I'd actually stopped using the follow function a long time ago, as I visited the site frequently enough I knew when most of the stuff I read was updated.  But with the changes I'm getting notified for all kinds of stuff.  Consequently I did get notification on Saturday when July posted.

I had an email this morning sharing the posts in the LAST POST WINS thread. WTF? I know I've posted there once in a while but I've never followed it. But did I receive notifications this morning when Bucket made comments on a couple of Walls' chapters? Nooooooooo! I found out about those comments because I went to Bucket's profile and saw his entries on the activity stream.

When GA went down a little while ago I was trying to access one of those and couldn't get the second page of comments to load up. I'm about to try again, wish me luck. I've been patiend and realize we all need to keep doing it for a while but it's frustrating when readers post reaction to my writing and I'm unable to read them and reply.

Just now, Bucket1 said:

I can't see the second page of any comments - all the links take me to the first page. I had to go to Carlos' profile and see the activity there.

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me nuts. I received a notification about this post here on the discussion thread but nothing when you posted comments on the chapters so I don't even know who's reading and commenting. #FRUSTRATED

1810 and I were looking forward to your reactions concerning the imaginary Harley/Brett relationship! :rofl:

Anyone else having issues reaching the second page on any chapter?

• Like 2

Imaginary?????? I understand this is fiction but what else are you implying????? Theirs is a true and undying love :P

I had mixed feelings when Cesar was attacked - just for a moment, a brief moment, I saw the future I knew both Cap and Harley deserved

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Bucket1 said:

Imaginary?????? I understand this is fiction but what else are you implying????? Theirs is a true and undying love :P

I had mixed feelings when Cesar was attacked - just for a moment, a brief moment, I saw the future I knew both Cap and Harley deserved

Alternate universes! Kinda like fake news if you ask me...

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me nuts. I received a notification about this post here on the discussion thread but nothing when you posted comments on the chapters so I don't even know who's reading and commenting. #FRUSTRATED

1810 and I were looking forward to your reactions concerning the imaginary Harley/Brett relationship! :rofl:

Yes, it seems like there's been instances where I've been able to get to the next page, but I haven't been able to get to the next page of comments on some stories for sure.  Also, went back through and all the same stories that I used the follow function on are in my list, so the notifications are definitely confusing me.  I'm getting notified for things I'm not following.  I don't really mind, they're not stories I dislike or anything.  Just wondering what's triggering the notification.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

Yes, it seems like there's been instances where I've been able to get to the next page, but I haven't been able to get to the next page of comments on some stories for sure.  Also, went back through and all the same stories that I used the follow function on are in my list, so the notifications are definitely confusing me.  I'm getting notified for things I'm not following.  I don't really mind, they're not stories I dislike or anything.  Just wondering what's triggering the notification.

I reported the second page issues this morning and I think Gary did before too. If I hear anything I'll share it here.

LitLover is having similar issues with page two. The Gremlins are loose in the system. I am sure Myr and/or AJ are out gremlin hunting as we speak.

Edited by Kitt
Typo
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

LitLover is having similar issues wit page two. The Gremlins are loose in the system. I am sure Myr and/or AJ are out gremlin hunting as we speak.

I have this imagine of them in safari suits with blunderbusses

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I am too - I think it's a bug for everyone right now.

As for why you were notified of a post in LPW? My guess is because you are Following the member who made it. You can fix this in Notification Settings under Account Settings in your Profile or Notification Settings in the Notification window. I'm fiddling with my personal stream as things come up that I don't want to see or know about. 

• Like 1