Hi, Brian! I'm the goof who thought Colin refused to click to see a text, but I'm definitely in the minority. He'd looked at the blank screen before and done nothing; I thought he was doing it again. What also threw me was that he swallowed hard, which I associate with seeing something you don't want to face. If he had sighed, or even frowned, I might've been clued in that there was no text.

But everyone else got what you meant, so I'm an outlier. ::grin::

• Like 1

nothing wrong with being an outlier :)

and it sparked a lively debate in here, and I'm sure Brian appreciates that. ;)

Oh and I'm wondering why your quote is not in the same post as your comment?  When you press the Quote button, a post is supposed to pop up, and then you can add your text below the actual Quote. If you press Post by mistake, you can always use the Edit button to add your text. But maybe this is a tablet / smart phone issue? :unsure:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I'm wondering why your quote is not in the same post as your comment? When you press the Quote button, a post is supposed to pop up, and then you can add your text below the actual Quote. If you press Post by mistake, you can always use the Edit button to add your text. But maybe this is a tablet / smart phone issue? :unsure:

I'm seeing it the same way and I'm on my phone. But may also be user error -- this posting system is weird.

Edited by Geemeedee

One thing that tripped me up: at first a senior policemen was talking to Jeremy and Chaudhary said Ben was with Morgan. Then Chaudhary said Ben was talking to Jeremy. ???

Good catch Gee, I missed that one. Brian will have to come up with another name for the 'senior policeman.' :yes:

• Site Moderator

So Colin thinks he's in the clear as far as anything bad happening, eh?

Why do I think that Nichole is not going to go quietly into the night (well except for the gunshots, of course). Probably because that would be too easy and as another reader speculated that she might be in cahoots with the suddenly possessive Kit? They were awfully chummy at dinner so maybe we shouldn't write that off as a camaraderie of the token Americans?

I know, we just got a chapter (thanks again Brian :) - and Tim  :))but...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

So curious about the new chapter! Have to wait until after work though. I'm not even peaking this time, for fear I'll end up reading it anyway. And I don't have time!

No real Tim either. I just wanted to clear my notifications and ended up sneaking it anyway.... No self control. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

So curious about the new chapter! Have to wait until after work though. I'm not even peaking this time, for fear I'll end up reading it anyway. And I don't have time!

No real Tim either. I just wanted to clear my notifications and ended up sneaking it anyway.... No self control. 

All I will say is this - you will like this chapter...

• Like 1

Hi, Brian! I'm the goof who thought Colin refused to click to see a text, but I'm definitely in the minority. He'd looked at the blank screen before and done nothing; I thought he was doing it again. What also threw me was that he swallowed hard, which I associate with seeing something you don't want to face. If he had sighed, or even frowned, I might've been clued in that there was no text.

You are not a goof. You pointed out something very valid and I need to make sure this is not distracting others. I'll beef up when I do my edits.

Right now, I am just getting the next chapter ready to post.

Hold on to your hats.

Brisn

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

GAH! Self control slipping...

No peeking until you have time to read the chapter because your control will go right out the window. :yes::lol:

You are not a goof. You pointed out something very valid and I need to make sure this is not distracting others. I'll beef up when I do my edits.

Right now, I am just getting the next chapter ready to post.

Hold on to your hats.

Brisn

I don't wear hats which is a good thing - would not have been able to hold onto it. Awesome chapter Brian. :)

• Like 2

Wow, those last two chapters! What a rush! I was reading like crazy, but still trying to not just muddle through to get to the end. I wonder what upset Kit so much? He sounded like a hired gun, but acted in rage. It all seemed so personal. If it weren't for the fact that Derek and Hugh didn't seem to recognise him, I would have thought part of it was revenge on them.

• Like 2

Wow, those last two chapters! What a rush! I was reading like crazy, but still trying to not just muddle through to get to the end. I wonder what upset Kit so much? He sounded like a hired gun, but acted in rage. It all seemed so personal. If it weren't for the fact that Derek and Hugh didn't seem to recognise him, I would have thought part of it was revenge on them.

I know, I felt the same - and I wanted to comment on the personal issue, but I was too tired last night. And unfortunately, I've just finished editing the next chapter, so now I'm :X again. :facepalm:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I know, I felt the same - and I wanted to comment on the personal issue, but I was too tired last night. And unfortunately, I've just finished editing the next chapter, so now I'm :X again. :facepalm:

But that is great news. It means we should be getting a new chapter soon...

PS: I'm out of likes otherwise I would have given you some to reach your goal number - then I checked. You're already there.

Congrats!! :wizard::)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

But that is great news. It means we should be getting a new chapter soon...

PS: I'm out of likes otherwise I would have given you some to reach your goal number - then I checked. You're already there.

Congrats!! :wizard::)

awww, thanks - yeah, it happened so fast I almost missed it. I'd just popped out to write on my prompt story and when I got back, I was at 4444 :D

as for the chapter, that depends on how much Brian rewrites based on my edits. But there were fewer than in the previous two.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

awww, thanks - yeah, it happened so fast I almost missed it. I'd just popped out to write on my prompt story and when I got back, I was at 4444 :D

as for the chapter, that depends on how much Brian rewrites based on my edits. But there were fewer than in the previous two.

Whenever it comes, it will be a treat. 

• Like 1

Whenever it comes, it will be a treat. 

Oh yeah, I think you'll all agree on that. :D

Now, one of the questions I had was whether Ben heard Colin's declaration of love. Does anyone else hope he did? But if he didn't, I hope Colin will be able to repeat it one day...

• Like 2

I didn't get the impression he heard it, but I'm sure Colin will get to tell Ben over and over again. In a balanced, non-biggaywedding sort of way of course. Though, somehow I get the distinct feeling this wedding thing could be growing on Ben... Just a few more outbursts of jealousy... 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Oh yeah, I think you'll all agree on that. :D

Now, one of the questions I had was whether Ben heard Colin's declaration of love. Does anyone else hope he did? But if he didn't, I hope Colin will be able to repeat it one day...

I didn't get the impression he heard it, but I'm sure Colin will get to tell Ben over and over again. In a balanced, non-biggaywedding sort of way of course. Though, somehow I get the distinct feeling this wedding thing could be growing on Ben... Just a few more outbursts of jealousy... 

I don't think he heard him either at least not directly as he was distracted shouting to someone. If he did hear it , I think it would have been in the background. There's a thing about hearing, but not listening, could that be what happened in this instance?

If he did hear, when will he realize what Colin said?

• Like 2

Of course, no likes... 

But I didn't think Ben heard either.. Thing is will Colin have an attack of dread that he said it, or will he be brave and say it again.

If nothing else, I would hope Colin has learned to communicate honestly and openly with Ben by now. So I would say he'll dare!

• Like 1