• Site Moderator

Colin is not the only one being foolish, but we notice it more with him. I think Ben has been messing things up pretty badly too.

Apparently, he was attracted to Colin right from the start (he admits to wanting to kiss him and fuck him for weeks), and to me it sounds like 'love at first sight' or at least serious interest. But due to his fierce denial of conforming and commitment, Ben behaves like a boor and antagonizes Colin. If he'd approached matters differently, he could have had Colin eating out of his hand, and telling him everything. Ben could have sat down with Colin and gone through the exact sequences of various events and nudged his memory and gained his confidence. Colin wants to share, he's lonely and needs friends as well as a lover.

But yeah, it is a fine balance between having Colin make blunders to advance the story line, and annoying your readers too much, lol, But look at the bright side: this way you have 5-10 beta readers trying to help. :rofl:

Astute observation Tim. I don't think I would have wanted to confide in Ben either given his less than hospitable behaviour.

out of likes :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Astute observation Tim. I don't think I would have wanted to confide in Ben either given his less than hospitable behaviour.

out of likes :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Ben was an unlikable ass from the start. Colin has been much nicer to him than I ever would have been in his place, but then I'mperhaps the extreme end of the scales with such things.  :)

• Like 1

I don't think I would have wanted to confide in Ben either given his less than hospitable behaviour.

Ben was an unlikable ass from the start. Colin has been much nicer to him than I ever would have been in his place, but then I'm perhaps the extreme end of the scales with such things.  :)

Thanks, I'm glad you agree. Colin may be inclined to spur of the moment acts of idiocy, but at least he isn't emotionally stunted like Ben. They both infuriate me, but in some ways I think Ben is worse, because he is pretending to know better. :pissed: The fact that Colin picked Arrogance as the one thing he disliked about Ben was spot on.

Oh and isn't it funny how their profile for counseling got it totally reversed. :lol: In hindsight it's not surprising that Ben snorted at the description of them:

Sounds like you’re the commitment obsessive one of the two, want us to live together, get married, total monogamy. I’m the opposite, want to keep things casual and flexible. In bed, you tend to be the passive one of...

I can't wait to see their next counselling session - and this time they can answer the bedroom question :rofl: - but I guess Colin will be out of town next Monday. Or have they blown their cover too badly at the Club? :unsure:

Oh and I agree about Colin being much to nice to Ben in the beginning. :rolleyes:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Thanks all. Sorry if I misled in my post but I had no intention of stopping posting, just wanted to tighten things up and be a little more careful before adding more. So I'll keep posting and see where this goes. Hindsight is always a wonderful thing.

Your comments are all appreciated and it's often a case of us seeing things differently. Tim has sent me through some brilliant observations (how many beers is that I owe you now, Tim?) which have helped tremendously. So if you do notice anything inconsistent or incorrect please let me know and I will order more beers!!

Again, thanks for all your encouragement, reviews and honest critiques. And let's find out what's waiting for Colin at the stately home (cue sinister music).

Brian

• Like 5

I had a lightbulb moment in the shower this morning: did Derek kill Tony and Denny? Because he found out and is jealous but wants to keep Hugh? And the rest is Hugh's father and Morgan trying to keep a lid on the case? And Morgan's henchman is the one in the silver Lexus, checking to make sure Colin doesn't know anything. Although how he would know from sitting outside is a mystery. Or he might want to prevent Derek from offing Colin?  :o And there was the posh lady on the train and in the cafe, who might have seen Colin with Roland and Lizzie. :unsure:

I'm a complete failure as a detective. :no:  I realized this when I read Barbed Wire Heart, but it's apparent here too. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

I think this exchange more than anything shows what an ass Vaughan is:

“Chris Hansen. Token American. Friend of Cole.”

“Is that right?” says Vaughan, with barely disguised irritation. ”Funny, he never mentioned you.”

“Yeah, well, Cole’s been a bit distracted of late. In case you hadn’t heard.”

At other times, I might have relished the look of daggers that Vaughan gives Kit. 

When did Vaughan show any real interest in how Colin was doing, or whether he had any friends or were seeing anyone? Never as far as I can see. Colin has hinted at the fact that even people like Derek, who was originally his friend, have been taken over by Vaughan as friends.

But it's interesting how the dick ex could spot the interest of Kit, just like Kit could spot Ben being attracted to Colin, and I bet both of them as well as Derek can feel that Colin has been 'getting some'. Vaughan remarked on how Colin is looking 'relaxed and happy' (obviously surprisingly so :rolleyes: ). I sooo enjoy them feeling miffed at Colin not being hung up on them and their attractiveness. Ha!

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Colin ends up with Whitehead. 

Vaughan is a tool and never deserved Colin's affections in the first place.

As for Kit? He blew it big time by pretending to be something he wasn't (straight) and then by jumping Colin out of the blue like he did. I mean really?!? Did he just think Colin would be okay with that kind of attitude and behaviour?

Getting back to DCW, I wonder what what it will take for Whitehead to change his tune regarding relationships?

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

I especially love that Whitehead calls Colin Sunshine... He may not realise his tune may slowly be changing, but I agree he does need some motivation. 

Edit to add:  Tim should not worry about not being a good detective. Brian said some of my theories are in outer space. :gikkle:

Edited by Defiance19
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Yes, Ben is my favourite too, which is surprising. But I hope he finally overcomes his fear of relationships. He just needs a bit of motivation, i e the only chance to be with our lovely Colin.

I just hope his attitude adjustment isn't a reaction to something calamitous befalling Colin.  

It isn' that, right Brian? :yes:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I especially love that Whitehead calls Colin Sunshine... He may not realise his tune may slowly be changing, but I agree he does need some motivation. 

Using an endearment is rather cozy and relationship-like isn't it?

I guess his inner self knows more of what's going on than his outer self :D

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

I just hope his attitude adjustment isn't a reaction to something calamitous befalling Colin.  

It isn't, right Brian? :yes:

I can totally see Ben storming in to save Colin from the clutches of the killer, when Colin once again has to play detective. Carrying him off into the sunset, not caring who sees them. Just happy his little sunshine is safe... Sigh...

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I can totally see Ben storming in to save Colin from the clutches of the killer, when Colin once again has to play detective. Carrying him off into the sunset, not caring who sees them. Just happy his little sunshine is safe... Sigh...

Now that is a scene I want to read!

Are you reading this Brian? If not, please do so there won't be a big hole in the story... :yes:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

Edit to add:  Tim should not worry about not being a good detective. Brian said some of my theories are in outer space. :gikkle:

why am I already out of likes ? I'll have to come back tomorrow and like all of the above. Until then :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

oh and I'm glad you're as clueless as me, def !

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Hi Puppilull,

Although it may not end exactly as you've dreamed this, I promise not to let you down.

A few chapters to get in shape which really need some careful tuning, and then let's see what's around the corner.

Brian

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Hi Puppilull,

Although it may not end exactly as you've dreamed this, I promise not to let you down.

A few chapters to get in shape which really need some careful tuning, and then let's see what's around the corner.

Brian

What?!? No romantic cliché ending? I'm shocked! LOL

Okay, so DCW doesn't carry Colin off onto the sunset, they walk hand-in-hand instead.... :yes::gikkle:

Hi all,

Next serving up and edited (courtesy of SuperTim).

Although there are still a few mysteries outstanding, some of them are beginning to unravel now.

Hope you enjoy.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Hi all,

Next serving up and edited (courtesy of SuperTim).

Although there are still a few mysteries outstanding, some of them are beginning to unravel now.

Hope you enjoy.

Brian

I'm pretty sure that I will.

I'm saving it for tomorrow as I'm kind of sleepy (not even 11 pm, I think I'm getting old :gikkle:) and don't want to miss any important clues.

:)