2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Tv Series Collections

W_L

In the year 2035, I can see myself digging through an old box of my stuff with a partner and a kid. We find my old TV series.

My future Partner: WL, what the heck were you watching? Half of this stuff is in Portuguese or Japanese :o

My kid: Daddy, what are these shiny boxes?

Me ignoring my partner for our kid like usual :D : Well, son, those are Blue-Ray DVD for Daddy's TV series

My Kid: Why didn't you just watch it online like everyone else?

-----------------------------

Seriously that could be all of you too, the move towards streaming video has made DVDs/Blue-rays so anachronistic. At this rate, they'll become as old fashioned and comedy ready as Beta Trax and VHS.

TV series are now available on Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix; plus all the major networks and cale companies offer apps for tablet/smartphone viewing.

I just have a few TV series that I bought with money (I am not admitting anything illegal with that comment :P ) on blue ray and DVD, but I feel old:

The 4400 (Before there was Heroes, there was The 4400)

Babylon 5 (Best Sci-Fi Series)

Battlestar Galactica (New Series, less "Mormon in Space" more "We're all Fracked!")

Full Metal Alchemist (Best Anime Ever!)

Junjou Romantica (Series 1 and 2,  Say Yay! For gay anime!)

House MD (For the man that likes subtle bromance)

One Tree Hill (I'm that kind of guy, The OC could go to hell)

Simpsons (Season 1-14, basically before they started sucking)

The Civil War, narrated by Ken Burns (I'm classy too)

West Wing Presidential Edition (What? I actually enjoy some episodes, sue me)

I am not that bad in terms of TV shows, movies I am worse as a pack rat collector.

Anyone want to bring their full TV series collections out of the closet :D

Don't worry, we won't judge, much :o

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

I don't have too many TV series on DVD.  My brother bought me the entire collection of Greatest American Hero for Christmas a few years ago.  My best friend has an absolute ton of series on DVD, so I usually just end up binge watching series with her when I visit, so I don't have to buy my own. lol 

• Like 1

I want,  In The Flesh ... PDS sufferers (Pre-deceased Syndrome) brilliant show and all of This Is England and Game of Thrones. I could go on, but I won't.   :sleep:

As Time Goes By, Complete Set - BBC

Are You Being Served, Complete - BBC

Are You Being Served Again, Complete - BBC

Fawlty Towers, Complete - BBC

Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Complete - BBC

The Vicar of Dibley, Most of It - BBC

Xena: Warrior Princess, Complete - (You said no judging!!)

South Park, Up to Date

Family Guy, Behind in collecting

Bob's Burgers, Behind in collecting

Archer, Behind in collecting

Carnival, Complete - HBO ?

Six Feet Under, Complete - HBO?

Monster Quest, Incomplete, a few seasons

Mystery Quest, Incomplete

Ghost Hunters, Incomplete

OMG - Thank you, I feel more liberated!! 

Movies - Umm... I am with you... I am over 800 DVD's  *blush*

Edited by Randomness
  • Like 2

I want,  In The Flesh ... PDS sufferers (Pre-deceased Syndrome) brilliant show and all of This Is England and Game of Thrones. I could go on, but I won't.   :sleep:

In the Flesh was great. Stateside we won't be getting another season. 

For for me its not that many but..

Friday Night Lights

Game of Thrones S1-3

West Wing 

Six Feet Under

The Sopranos 

The Wire

Doctor Who  only with Matt Smith and David Tenant

Manhattan - based on the Manhattan Project, set in Los Alamos. S2 starts next month.

I want Boardwalk Empire! 

In the Flesh was great. Stateside we won't be getting another season. 

For for me its not that many but..

Friday Night Lights

Game of Thrones S1-3

West Wing 

Six Feet Under

The Sopranos 

The Wire

Doctor Who  only with Matt Smith and David Tenant

Manhattan - based on the Manhattan Project, set in Los Alamos. S2 starts next month.

I want Boardwalk Empire! 

Are they making another season of In The Flesh? ... I'll find it somewhere if they are.   

Doubtful... :/

I think I just read that ... unless netflix or someone picks it up... fingers crossed.  I am in love with the Emmett Scanlan ... in anything. Don't tell my husband.   :rolleyes:   I think he knows though from the drooling....

• Like 1

Xena: Warrior Princess, Complete - (You said no judging!!)

\

Don't worry, we all love it, no one can top Lucy Lawless for that Yell:

• Like 1

• Site Moderator

I don't really collect tv series :lol: books on the other hand... :gikkle:

Anyways, I only own two series on DVD. The first is BBC's Planet Earth and the second is HBO's Game of Thrones Seasons 1-3. :*)

I'm surprised at you Drew. Surely a math aficionado like yourself would have the complete (6 seasons) set of Numbers on DVD. I would think a math genius using math to solve crimes for the FBI would be right up your alley. The "whiteboard" equations alone are something to behold. :)

I'm surprised at you Drew. Surely a math aficionado like yourself would have the complete (6 seasons) set of Numbers on DVD. I would think a math genius using math to solve crimes for the FBI would be right up your alley. The "whiteboard" equations alone are something to behold. :)

Well you see Reader, I usually spend my money on books rather than movies/tv series :blushing: In total, I have about fifty fictions (not counting what I bought via kindle) and about twenty non-fiction books :*)

So I may not have enough to spend on some of my favorite shows, sue me :P:lol:

• Like 2

I have too many DVD movies and concert DVD's to count, but I don't really have any series although I have given box sets  of some TV series as presents as they were on some nieces and nephews Christmas wish lists.   I also have a couple hundred of them on video tape including many of the classic Disney which we acquired when my kids were little. 

My latest acquisition was a special on Amazon of Universal's 100th Anniversary Collection which is a box set of 25 movies on DVD.  Included are Schindler's List, Animal House, E.T., To Kill a Mockingbird, Jaws, Dracula, Spartacus, Jurassic Park, The Sting, Fields of Dreams and more.  It was one of their daily bonus deals with 25 movies for $25 which I thought was pretty sweet.

I stream movies and series on my Amazon account too.

I have bought some TV series, all BBC (one ITV) I think. Very British list  :P

Downton Abbey

Call the Midwife

Torchwood

Jeeves and Wooster

Sherlock

Last Tango in Halifax

Vicar of Dibley

North & South

Bleak House

The Ice House

Brideshead Revisited

Murder most English

Pride and Prejudice

The Mrs Bradley Mysteries

Wives and Daughters 

The Paradise

Keeping Up Appearances 

I've got B5 and Battlestar(2003). I pull them out for snow days or when I'm home sick and bored.

Stuff that I haven't seen listed are War at Sea, 21 Jump Street (original) and 24.

Don't buy retail. You can bet this stuff cheap on E-bray.

Edited by jamessavik

I have every season of Supernatural :*)

Oh, and Suvitar... I loved Torchwood... John Barrowman (Captain Jack) rocked!

John Barrowman rocks in everything he does  :P  I've flown three times to England to see him in a concert and every time it's been worth it  :joe:

• Like 1

John Barrowman rocks in everything he does  :P  I've flown three times to England to see him in a concert and every time it's been worth it  :joe:

Wow... that's dedication... he's in the TV series Arrow now, as Malcolm Merlin.

• Like 1

Wow... that's dedication... he's in the TV series Arrow now, as Malcolm Merlin.

Any excuse to travel to the UK  :P  I haven't seen Arrow yet, probably not really my sort of series  :unsure:  but I look into it one day. 

• Like 1

My Papa used to collect lost of old local Dvds, you are not gonna understand even I listed them down... I do watch some other continent's movies too... like:

-Evil dead

-Hostel

-American pie

and some...

How hilarious I was to watch these films...

Coming to the TV shows I watch on TV but don't have any copies... Silly Me...