Sign in to follow this  
WolfM

Running With The Pack

Since I finally made it into the forum section of the site and saw so many authors had a forum for their stories I figured I should probably start one for mine.  As with any of the review that have been posted, I appreciate anything that is said, both good or bad as it helps me write and tells me if I've royally screwed up anywhere :)

• Like 2

Since I finally made it into the forum section of the site and saw so many authors had a forum for their stories I figured I should probably start one for mine.  As with any of the review that have been posted, I appreciate anything that is said, both good or bad as it helps me write and tells me if I've royally screwed up anywhere :)

Hey Wolf

So far the story has been great, so you won't hear any complaints from me. Just keep on doing what you've been doing. :):thumbup:

• Like 1

I am enjoying your pacing and your writing style.

• Like 1

I'm getting behind in my reading, but I'm trying to catch up. I have to say I love the plot twist regarding Ethan. That isn't usual for shifter stories...which I am a big fan of....but I think it's a great twist. It really solidified my being...I already was lol... hooked on this story. 

Kudos to you Wolf!

• Like 2

and of course we're all trying to guess what kind of shifter Ethan is. Water sprite perhaps? :unsure:

• Like 4

Thank you Taste and Timothy :)

I'm getting behind in my reading, but I'm trying to catch up. I have to say I love the plot twist regarding Ethan. That isn't usual for shifter stories...which I am a big fan of....but I think it's a great twist. It really solidified my being...I already was lol... hooked on this story. 

Kudos to you Wolf!

I'm behind in my reading as well.  I didn't want to write the usual shifter story and it makes me feel good that the people reading this, like you, feel I haven't.  I'm a little nervous the closer I get to chapter 24 as that's the last chapter I currently have completed.  With luck my current bout of writers block will pass and I'll be back on track to finish the story without any interruption.

• Like 1

Hey Wolf! :)

I began reading your story since yesterday. And I have to say, you got me hooked!

This is a fascinating story and I am eagerly devouring each chapter.

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1

I'm behind in my reading as well.  I didn't want to write the usual shifter story and it makes me feel good that the people reading this, like you, feel I haven't.  I'm a little nervous the closer I get to chapter 24 as that's the last chapter I currently have completed.  With luck my current bout of writers block will pass and I'll be back on track to finish the story without any interruption.

Hey man I am checking up on the writers block. How are you dealing with that?

Hey man I am checking up on the writers block. How are you dealing with that?

The writers block seems to be easing.  I've had some good days of writing so I still have several chapters beyond what I've posted. 

• Like 1

i love it. i read it in one sitting and cant wait for more. the way you write and the plot are amazing. keep up the good job.

i love it. i read it in one sitting and cant wait for more. the way you write and the plot are amazing. keep up the good job.

Thank you seeker.  Always happy to hear when someone is enjoying this story.

Here was the source of my question. It is from 

“As I told Ethan, Elemental is the easiest name to put to it, though some of those old myths you got me hooked on as a kid also use the term Shaman and Druid.  The boy has a Celtic background.  It’s doubtful we will ever truly know what he is, though if we can help him find himself.  I need some help in going through the myths of all three and trying to figure what gift each one supposedly has.  I know we can’t train him and there is most likely no one else that can, but if you can help in research I would be grateful.  If they exist elsewhere in the world, they keep themselves well hidden and have done so for millennia.  Maybe have a talk with Ethan at some point and tell him what you know.  You had him spellbound when you told him the history of Lycans, maybe what you know of Elementals and Druids can be just as helpful to him.”

“I’m happy to help.  I’ve stayed in contact with some of my friends from my professor days so I’ll see what I can dig up.”  James looked at the Alpha for a few moments, “Your father would be proud of you and the Alpha you’ve become.  It’s a shame a rogue attack took him and your mother before their time.”

“They both live on in our memories and in this pack’s continued prosperity.  I’m glad though they aren’t here to see what their grandson has turned into.”

• Like 1

Here was the source of my question. It is from 

“As I told Ethan, Elemental is the easiest name to put to it, though some of those old myths you got me hooked on as a kid also use the term Shaman and Druid.  The boy has a Celtic background.  It’s doubtful we will ever truly know what he is, though if we can help him find himself.  I need some help in going through the myths of all three and trying to figure what gift each one supposedly has.  I know we can’t train him and there is most likely no one else that can, but if you can help in research I would be grateful.  If they exist elsewhere in the world, they keep themselves well hidden and have done so for millennia.  Maybe have a talk with Ethan at some point and tell him what you know.  You had him spellbound when you told him the history of Lycans, maybe what you know of Elementals and Druids can be just as helpful to him.”

“I’m happy to help.  I’ve stayed in contact with some of my friends from my professor days so I’ll see what I can dig up.”  James looked at the Alpha for a few moments, “Your father would be proud of you and the Alpha you’ve become.  It’s a shame a rogue attack took him and your mother before their time.”

“They both live on in our memories and in this pack’s continued prosperity.  I’m glad though they aren’t here to see what their grandson has turned into.”

Thank you for finding that for me since it would have taken me forever to run across that.  I knew I should have made a note of that in my character bio file when I wrote that so I didn't screw up the continuity of the story.  It seems I made reference both ways to the parents being killed as well as stepping down.  I had never really planned on using the Alpha's parents in the story until recently.  I'll be going back and modifying the earlier chapter to adjust for the mistake I made. 

All I have to say is this is an amazing story.

Saw it on the recent update list and couldn't put it down - binged it in less than 24 hours!

Can't wait to see more!

• Like 2

Are we going to have an update from James to see if he found any research materials on Elementals?

• Like 2

I really need to check this more often :) 

Thank you HeyHam88.  It's extremely flattering when someone mentions they've been binge reading this story. 

I haven't decided if James will make a return at some point with whatever he found in his research, but it is still on my list for possible use.

I want to thank everyone for their comments on chapter 42.  It is a great joy to see the thoughts of the readers.  I hope you all enjoy chapter 43 :)

I'm so very glad I found this forum!

I am enjoying this journey very much.

I'm looking forward to more growth from this budding family.  For this is what this group of young men is, a family.

I admire the way the older adults handle themselves.  I appreciate the parents attitudes, especially in the way they consider the young people's opinions.

Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to get to know the other fans here!

• Like 1

Thank you for this Molly,

It has been a fun journey for me, taking these characters from a spark in my imagination into what they are now.

Hey, WolfM! 

Great story, I'm halfway through it and I'm happy to see the updates coming. I'm with Reader, another big fan of shifter stories but your's is different <3

• Like 1

Thank you Glittery.  Different is what I was aiming for from the start.  I'm pleased that you're enjoying it :)

With 225 people actively following the story, over 56,000 views since I began posting this story, it is with a smile of accomplishment and a single tear of sadness that I announce that this is the final chapter of the current book of Running with the Pack.  I would like to thank each and every one of you that has taken the time to read this as well as all those that have commented and sent me messages.  While I am saying that Chapter 50 is the last chapter for now, I doubt it is the end of the story.  Given how many people are following this story, I am considering posting new chapters here as opposed to under a new title when I return to work on the adventures of Ethan and Aiden, though that idea is not set in stone.  There might also be a few short stories or spinoff stories involving other characters that have come up during the course of this book, but I haven’t figured out yet who.  I never in my wildest dreams thought that it would come this far, let alone become this popular and that is in part due to all of you for keeping me motivated to reach this point.  You have all brightened my life as much as Ethan, Aiden and the rest of the characters have.

Thank you all,

Wolf

Edited by WolfM
  • Like 5

Eh, there's nothing wrong with making it a serial set of books, but I can see why you'd want the continuity with your current followers. Maybe you could encourage some of your story followers to follow you as an author as well so that they get updated as you post new works (whether RwtP or not). It would be well worth their time to do it. :)

• Like 1

Right now, all options are on the table and I have time to figure out where this goes and how to do it.

• Like 2