O. Henry Short Story Prompt 1 – The Green Door

I love the concept, AC.  I look forward to tackling it and seeing what others come up with, too.  :)

Thanks, Val! I hope the weekend finds you spinning ideas for what could be behind the door.... 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Thanks, Val! I hope the weekend finds you spinning idea for what could be behind the door.... 

Thanks, AC :)  I had some ideas on the drive to work this morning.  How often will you be posting these prompts?

• Like 2

Thanks, AC :)  I had some ideas on the drive to work this morning.  How often will you be posting these prompts?

Perhaps I can manage one a month for the foreseeable future :yes: 

OH!! What a great idea. Is there a due date on these?

No due date; work at your own pace, Tim. :)

• Like 2

AC! Damn. The little wheels are turning in my head, but I have another story to tackle. I could never resist short stories.

Adi, I hope the possibilities of this set-up leads you to great things! Knowing your imagination, wonderfully 'dangerous' things could be waiting behind that door.... *maniacal laugh*    :)

• Like 3

Thank you all! I was intrigued when the prompt appeared. I'm not familiar with the O. Henry piece and chose not to read it before reading the offerings I knew were to come. I've read those posted so far and enjoyed them so again, I say ... thank you!

• Like 5

Thank you all! I was intrigued when the prompt appeared. I'm not familiar with the O. Henry piece and chose not to read it before reading the offerings I knew were to come. I've read those posted so far and enjoyed them so again, I say ... thank you!

Thank you dugh! I don't know the story either, but I'll read it later. Maybe after the series of prompts is over.
  • Like 2

Maybe we call all go back and read the original after I post my O. Henry Prompt 2 (something in mid April). We can have a sort of book club discussion right here if we want :)  

• Like 4

Maybe we call all go back and read the original after I post my O. Henry Prompt 2 (something in mid April). We can have a sort of book club discussion right here if we want :)

sounds good to me!!  

• Like 2

Thanks for all of your support on this new endeavor. The response has been greater than I anticipated, and thanks to O. Henry too :)

Haven't read anything by O. Henry (except for the chocolate bar).  I kinda don't want to ... don't want to be influenced by his style maybe or maybe i just worry too much.

Thanks, Tim. I like this story a lot

Thanks, AC.  I enjoyed all the ones i've read so far...cool to see the differences.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Sounds like fun :)

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Welcome to the red, Defiance!  At least I hope you'll be changing to red soon ;)  I enjoyed your take on the prompt.  It reminded me a bit of "A Christmas Carol", even though he didn't get a glimpse into the future, but rather encouragement from mom.  I liked how Stan also experienced the green door.  Great job! 

I was thinking about your story on the drive to work and realized that it was Stan's voice directing Rudi, wasn't it? I probably should have read it when I was more awake.  :facepalm: lol

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 4