2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Happy 90Th Birthday, Sir David Attenborough

Zombie

Was he the narrator for the Planet Earth series?

yes, but apparently in the version shown in the US he was replaced by Sigourney Weaver who obviously has much more impressive wildlife credentials, having killed off all those alien critters... :gikkle:

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

I personally liked Boaty McBoatface over Sir David Attenborough  :rolleyes:  0:)

• Like 1

yes, but apparently in the version shown in the US he was replaced by Sigourney Weaver who obviously has much more impressive wildlife credentials, having killed off all those alien critters... :gikkle:

Oh, I didn't watch it on TV, lol. I have it on DVD, it was a birthday gift some years back :) Luckily, it was the British version.

• Like 1

This man's work and achievements have provided me with many, many hours of learning through his  fascinatingly visual TV docummentries. They make you want to watch. Had school been like this I would of excelled. As a new Nonagenarian, I hope he can carry on for a while yet.

Wishing You

Sir David

A Very Happy Birthday!!!

There are so many to choose from. From here (I like Sailfish) with a few clicks you can find and view as many as you want.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Atlantic_sailfish#p004y2th

Sandrewn

• Like 2

It's not only his energy (he puts me to shame) but his boundless thirst for knowledge, scientific research and exploration. He puts this across in commentaries which explain, inform, never take the viewer for granted, and are a joy to listen to.

I hope he has many more years.

• Like 1

"And here the Lesser Turn casts about looking for his breakfast. Alas...he has become breakfast." 

:P

I love his narration on all those nature shows! :D

Edited by MrM
  • Like 1