[Sasha Distan] Tiger Winter

You are taking awkward to another level. The scene between the polar bear and Jian made me think of Falling for a bear. I found it disconcerting back then and it was followed with awkwardness. I don't really understand what Emmet's problem is. He could have the full package instead of casual sex and bearable coexistence.

• Like 2

You are taking awkward to another level. The scene between the polar bear and Jian made me think of Falling for a bear. I found it disconcerting back then and it was followed with awkwardness. I don't really understand what Emmet's problem is. He could have the full package instead of casual sex and bearable coexistence.

See my review reply to Puppiull:

snapback.png Reply from Sasha Distan (author)

Shifters lie, all the time, to everyone in their lives. Small lies, big lies, all sorts of lies. And they have to, it's easy, it's essential, and it keeps them safe.

So for Emmett to be truthful, really wholly truthful with something so important as his heart, that's hard, harder than it is for us. He has a lot more to lose. Apart from Huan-Yu (and that was fluke), Jian is the only person Emmett's not related to he has ever been able to be honest with. He only has one person filling all his needs - Jian is friendship, adoration, lust, love, companionship, the guy he can laugh with, cook with, and talk with without lying constantly under the surface. To lose that would be the end of the world in Emmett's eyes - no wonder the boy is careful.

As for the awkward and disconcerting stuff - yeah, generally it just is. you have to be really into the feral thing for those emotions not to rise to the fore.

• Like 1

I don't see Jian as a bottom. He might be small n stature but he's powerful in nature. He just doesn't feel then need to flaunt his strength.

As for lying shifters... Emm should recognise the odds for meeting another shifter adjacent guy who revs his engine like that and just go for it. Hasn't he thought about why he treasures Jian's friendship so much? Because they are a very good match!

• Like 2

Has Jian an Alpha voice? Seems like he uses it on Emm and he experiences loss of control. Is Jian a bottom really? Would be a nice combination :) and would be interesting, when not.

I don't see Jian as a bottom. He might be small n stature but he's powerful in nature. He just doesn't feel then need to flaunt his strength.

As for lying shifters... Emm should recognise the odds for meeting another shifter adjacent guy who revs his engine like that and just go for it. Hasn't he thought about why he treasures Jian's friendship so much? Because they are a very good match!

The boys sexual preferences will show themselves in time...

as for the "alpha voice" - they are Commands, and if you've not read Summer Camp or Born Wolf, they will be explained soon.

• Like 4

By the end of the chapter "Misery" most of us are giving you kisses and hugs ...

Hmm ... what are those pitchforks and unlit torches doing over there, I wonder ?

:devil:

Stockpile. Just in case.

• Like 2

as for the "alpha voice" - they are Commands, and if you've not read Summer Camp or Born Wolf, they will be explained soon.

Oh, right, I remember from those stories. :o No wonder Emm is not happy to have that used on him. But does Jian know about Commands? Maybe his family never considered he would have a shifter mate, so nobody explained.

• Like 1

Oh, right, I remember from those stories. :o No wonder Emm is not happy to have that used on him. But does Jian know about Commands? Maybe his family never considered he would have a shifter mate, so nobody explained.

No, I'm not going to reread those stories. Again. Or part of them maybe...

• Like 1

Finally I have an inspiration for my coat of arms: Pitchforks and torches :P

YES!

Oh, Jian knows... I'm not sure he knew he could do it though.

No, I'm not going to reread those stories. Again. Or part of them maybe...

Go on... you know you want to... After all Summer Camp happens in the same universe as Tiger Winter!

• Like 1

After the last chapter I'm so curious as to how things will be "at home" for the two of them and with Huyan :D

I'm not sure I got everything about the sharing of vision/fantasy though

Edited by clochette
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I got everything about the sharing of vision/fantasy though

It's a dream, not a vision, but a 'true dream', like a lucid dream perhaps, but far more vivid.

All my shifters (this universe, not Born Wolf) have dream spaces which are important to them. Paddy and Troy had the cord which lead to another combined forest which smelt a bit like Troy's home and a bit like Paddy's home where they could spend time alone when they had no opportunity for privacy.

Each pair gets something which will help them. Emmett and Jian have vastly different ideas of paradise, and so their link allows them somewhere where they are both 100% comfortable and happy without having to be apart.

Wouldn't it be lovely if you and your soul-mate could have such a thing? *wistful sigh*

• Like 2

All my shifters (this universe, not Born Wolf) have dream spaces which are important to them. Paddy and Troy had the cord which lead to another combined forest which smelt a bit like Troy's home and a bit like Paddy's home where they could spend time alone when they had no opportunity for privacy.

Thanks for the explanation :) And now I remember it in Paddy and Troy' story.

I read it the summer last year. I went camping and knew I wouldn't have internet for a few weeks so I load the chapters in my ereader. I thought I was done with shifters stories (having read some many when I was a teen) but gave it a try as I love the way you write in your other stories. I read it in 2 days! You put me back in the shifters world so easily :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the explanation :) And now I remember it in Paddy and Troy' story.

I read it the summer last year. I went camping and knew I wouldn't have internet for a few weeks so I load the chapters in my ereader. I thought I was done with shifters stories (having read some many when I was a teen) but gave it a try as I love the way you write in your other stories. I read it in 2 days! You put me back in the shifters world so easily :)

Well I'm very glad about that! My shifters aren't really like other shifters, I suppose. At least, I think they're different. Hopefully if we've put you in a shifter mood, you'll love some of what's coming up next!

• Like 2