[DomLuka] With Trust 11!

:2thumbs: Yay for chapter 11. Long and full of ups and downs. I'm glad there arn't many cliffs in this story. I loved the sweet ending when Nelson tucks Milo in and Jaunita starting to understand that Nelson wants to care for Milo. I'm sure this was discussed before, but am I alone in thinking Brandon might have the hots for Nelson ? Asking him to stay over after homcoming party, showing up and asking Nelson to rescue him over the fall holiday... :blink: sounds like he's dropping not so subtle hints.

Just because he's Milo Friend doesn't mean Jame is a good guy. Even Nelsons brother dislikes Nelson. Maybe Jame will come around in the end, I doubt it though.

Why does everyone here hate Jame?

This feud has be going on since they were 8/9 years old. How bad could it have been? Sure Jame acts like an asshole towards them now but he has been abused by them for half of his life. And now he is scared he is going to lose another friend because of them.It's like watching a playground fight.

Nope, I refuse to hate Jame just because the sensitive and caring Caleb says so.

I trust Milo :blink: in this one and he calls Jame friend and knowing the way Dom writes he could end up being the hero.

Guest Derren

Nice One,so much happening just like IRL.Jame,I can't get all down on him.Really is he any different than Caleb.He hates anyone who is friends with him.Sounds a lot like Caleb's attitude towards Jame's friends.

Is Jame's intense dislike of Nels more than just hating a friend of Caleb.The green eye monster is making this part of the story very interesting.Can Jame be in love with Milo.So he goes out with girls,well we know why he would do that,right.

The baby thing,I kinda agree with the theory that it can be the desire of gay guys wanting to be parents.I know I do,someday.hey, I'm only 15,hehe.

Thanks Dom,better than anything I've read in a book.

D

[

I'm sure this was discussed before, but am I alone in thinking Brandon might have the hots for Nelson ? Asking him to stay over after homcoming party, showing up and asking Nelson to rescue him over the fall holiday... :blink: sounds like he's dropping not so subtle hints.

I defo agree! But when will Nels realise, and how far will Brandon flirt with him?? I also agree with those who said that they didnt hate Jame just because he is being an arsehole. He probably feels hurt that Milo isn't sticking up for him; and feels threatened and afraid of losing someone special to someone who has associated himself with, and aided, his tormentor over the years==wouldn't you go on the defensive?! We havnt had a chance to see what Jame is really like because all we've seen is the ingrained fighting talk, while others like Milo and Ronnie have, although i admit every one has their faults.

As for Milo, well he doesnt have that many close friends, except the ones from his old school who, although nice, he doesnt see very often it seems; so to lose Jame, which looks likely for the mo, is going to be tough on him. I mean its nice to have a bf but you need your normal friends too.

All this serious speculation about a story, sheesh :D !!

Maybe it's partly that I thought the central dramatic moment in the chapter, the confrontation with Jame, was trivial. It's not that I don't dislike Jame. It is more that I don't particularly want to be herded into disliking someone who is not a representative of a major villainy such as homophobia.

Gearoid

I think Gearoid has a point there. I can't help but think that it's like taking the easy way out.

However,

He allowed himself to fall onto his mattress face first, hugging at his pillow as he turned onto his side. I frowned over at him, not really sure what to say or do apart from perching myself on the edge of this bed where I lifted his ankles one at a time and rid him of the wet socks covering his feet, which had become cold to the touch. He was still as I straightened out his blankets and covered him, making sure to tuck in his cold toes, but he turned onto his back, tiredly looking up at me as I made myself comfortable at his side and gingerly took his fingers in mine.

Nelson is the hell of a boy friend, and this makes up for any side figure's perceived inadequacy.

The interaction between Nelson and Milo develops in a very logical and gripping manner.

I agree with Nelson- I like Milo a lot when he's sick. He seems so vulnerable and sweet. I'm glad that Milo kicked Jame out of the house as well. I haven't really understood the grudge between Jame and Nelson except them giving him the nickname 'Assface' there has to be something else behind it...

I can't wait until the next chapter. =)

Great chapter. I agree with both sides of the Jame arguement. For the moment he is most definitely being an Assface. But theres a good chance he can change. Look at what Dom did w/ Seth; by the end of DD even the LRITES had fallen for Seth.

• Site Moderator
My life has meaning again!

Good chapter, I'm so glad Milo stood up to Jame, he's being such an ass!

About time Milo stood up to Jame this time. If anyone is to cause problems for Milo's and Nel's, it'll be Jame to be the one.

I think Juanita knows too. Poor sick milo :(

She might know, but then again, she may not. She just may see the concern someone towards a sick friend.

It's little things like that, that can make a sick friend feel a little better. I'd do it for some one.

:D:D:D:D:D

That made me soooo happy!

I'm pretty sure that Caleb knows whats going on between Nelson and Milo. He always goes deep into thought after Nelson says something suspicious about him and Milo, like after the altercation between Jame, Nelson, and Caleb at the locker, when Nelson told him what was really going on during lunch. But I know that when Caleb finds out for sure, he's going to be accepting, since he seems accepting of the possibility right now.

I think Haily knows too. But again, she seems accepting, yet still jealous and somewhat hopeful that she and Nelson will be together...aww...poor Haily... :(

I know we all know this...but...I must say it...Milo is the cutest damn thing ever. The baby carriage? ADORABLE. And even when he's sick, when Nelson tucked him in the bed...*sigh*

I LOVE WITH TRUST! :2thumbs:

What did intrigue me about Ch 11 though is the baby thing. In many ways this was strange. What is being said here? Are we dealing with the limits of gay male relationships? Is there some kind of longing for a family being expressed?

Actually I didn't think that was strange at all given that they were in a parenting class. To the best of my knowledge passing out babies of that sort is beginning to be an almost universal feature of parenting classes in the US. I didn't take a parenting class in high school, but I know for a fact that the babies were there. They were also present at the other high school in my town and I've met several other people around my age from various places that also had them. If they were taking a parenting class I think chances are they would get babies like these.

Why does everyone here hate Jame?

This feud has be going on since they were 8/9 years old. How bad could it have been? Sure Jame acts like an asshole towards them now but he has been abused by them for half of his life. And now he is scared he is going to lose another friend because of them.It's like watching a playground fight.

Nope, I refuse to hate Jame just because the sensitive and caring Caleb says so.

I trust Milo :blink: in this one and he calls Jame friend and knowing the way Dom writes he could end up being the hero.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Jay. That's how I see it too.

Just because he's Milo Friend doesn't mean Jame is a good guy. Even Nelsons brother dislikes Nelson. Maybe Jame will come around in the end, I doubt it though.

I think you mean even Nelson's brother dislikes Jame. This may be true but if you can use the argument "just because Milo likes him doesn't mean he's a good guy", then I think it stands to reason that you can say, "Just because Chad doesn't like him doesn't mean he's a bad guy". Besides this feud with Caleb has been going on since they were kids. Chad's only human; I'm sure knowing that Caleb (and to some extent Nelson) hated Jame so much coloured his opinion of him.

I also agree with those who said that they didnt hate Jame just because he is being an arsehole. He probably feels hurt that Milo isn't sticking up for him; and feels threatened and afraid of losing someone special to someone who has associated himself with, and aided, his tormentor over the years==wouldn't you go on the defensive?! We havnt had a chance to see what Jame is really like because all we've seen is the ingrained fighting talk, while others like Milo and Ronnie have, although i admit every one has their faults.

Yep I agree. It seems significant that both Milo and Ronnie like Jame. It sort of seems like forshadowing to me. If Nelson and Caleb want to be with Milo and Ronnie they're going to need to get past the Jame thing.

The interaction between Nelson and Milo develops in a very logical and gripping manner.

:*) I read that as groping

It was a very good chapter, I'm looking forward to the next.

My bet is that Juanita knows... She probably know everything that goes on in that house.

I was just thinking that. And obviously she approves too. I think she's going to turn into a really helpful and/or central character, actually. Whoever predicted that a few chapters back hit the nail on the head.

This may be true but if you can use the argument "just because Milo likes him doesn't mean he's a good guy", then I think it stands to reason that you can say, "Just because Chad doesn't like him doesn't mean he's a bad guy". Besides this feud with Caleb has been going on since they were kids. Chad's only human; I'm sure knowing that Caleb (and to some extent Nelson) hated Jame so much coloured his opinion of him.

Yep I agree. It seems significant that both Milo and Ronnie like Jame. It sort of seems like forshadowing to me. If Nelson and Caleb want to be with Milo and Ronnie they're going to need to get past the Jame thing.

I think that unless Jame and Nelson can both come to an agreement and deal with each other, things won't change. In a lot of stories there seems to be a bad guy for most if not all of the story. Because we see things in Nelson's point of view, Jame's gets that part. He has to be somewhat of a decent guy if he has friends. I mean it's not as if he is a loner, but due to the circumstances surrounding their (Nelson and Jame) past there is going to be feelings of betrayal on either side depending on whose side Milo takes up for. Either way Milo is going to be in the middle until they work that out. The key though is that they have to want to. Not saying be best buds, but at least agree not to come to blows in each others presence.

Hello All!

I've been really busy lately and this is the first time in ages I've had time to read the posts. In fact I dont think I've posted at all since DD finished.

Just wanted to say that I think Nels is turning into a great character, one of Dom's best for sure! Also, can someone explain how the goat became a central character?

Wynter

Edited by Wynter
Also, can someone explain how the goat became a central character?

<_< The goat didn't become a central character... It's just the dulashanal* fantasy of a few fans.

Take Care®,

Vic

*note - dulashanal - Gail, DD Ch. 27

<_< The goat didn't become a central character... It's just the dulashanal* fantasy of a few fans.

I have no idea to whom you could possibly be referring to! 0:)

However, rumor has it that one fan of the goat even went so far as to have the Goat as his avatar.. Probably just a rumor... 0:)

I have no idea to whom you could possibly be referring to! 0:)

However, rumor has it that one fan of the goat even went so far as to have the Goat as his avatar.. Probably just a rumor... 0:)

Or maybe you've lost your mind. 0:)

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most... Actually, that's a lie: I lost a really nice bookend a while back, and really miss it far more than my mind, because unlike my mind, the bookend was actually useful... :P

It seems significant that both Milo and Ronnie like Jame. It sort of seems like forshadowing to me. If Nelson and Caleb want to be with Milo and Ronnie they're going to need to get past the Jame thing.

Nelson already has gotten past the Jame thing. He's willing to live and let live, and he's said as much TO JAME. He's doing what he can about it, and he's not the one picking the fights. I think Jame needs to get over it, not Nelson. Caleb, sure, still has issues, but if Jame would stop trying to get negative attention from them and generally being an ass, I don't think it would be an issue anymore.

Actually I didn't think that was strange at all given that they were in a parenting class. To the best of my knowledge passing out babies of that sort is beginning to be an almost universal feature of parenting classes in the US. I didn't take a parenting class in high school, but I know for a fact that the babies were there. They were also present at the other high school in my town and I've met several other people around my age from various places that also had them. If they were taking a parenting class I think chances are they would get babies like these.

Hi FF

What I really meant here was not so much the mechanics of the doll thing but the fact that they were in the parenting class at all. I realize there is some motivation for it in the plot somewhere, but deep down what is being expressed here? We have two gay boys with a doll and there are a lot of jokes about being a daddy etc. Could it be an expression of a desire for a really deep relationship as in like marrying?

What I partially think is that what is being modelled here is a very modern gay relationship. But I am far from certain about that. :wacko:

Gearoid

What I really meant here was not so much the mechanics of the doll thing but the fact that they were in the parenting class at all. I realize there is some motivation for it in the plot somewhere, but deep down what is being expressed here? We have two gay boys with a doll and there are a lot of jokes about being a daddy etc. Could it be an expression of a desire for a really deep relationship as in like marrying?

What I partially think is that what is being modelled here is a very modern gay relationship. But I am far from certain about that. :wacko:

Maybe that's looking a little deep, but, I certainly got the feeling that Nels WAS teasing Milo about them being a couple. It was the kind of joking around that the other students would have considered just that, but also meant something else between the two of them.