[DomLuka] With Trust 11!

Maybe that's looking a little deep, but, I certainly got the feeling that Nels WAS teasing Milo about them being a couple. It was the kind of joking around that the other students would have considered just that, but also meant something else between the two of them.

Well, doesn't Dom have a thing for constructing gay families or family substitutes (TLW, DD)?

Without re-reading for the purpose of researching this question, I would point out that Nelson & Milo are not by a long shot the only boys in that class (i.e., Tim the Freshman). Thus, I get the impression that this is a required class or fulfills a distribution requirement ('Take 3 credits of Parentling, or Health, or Home Economics').

I've been puzzling about this since I read Ch 11, but it hasn't been mentioned yet:

Why did Jame, after Milo told him to leave, drive away in MILO'S car?!?!!? That seemed very odd to me, and I have a hunch we haven't heard the last of that.

I've been puzzling about this since I read Ch 11, but it hasn't been mentioned yet:

Why did Jame, after Milo told him to leave, drive away in MILO'S car?!?!!? That seemed very odd to me, and I have a hunch we haven't heard the last of that.

My guess is that Jame had driven the flu sick Milo home from school in Milo's car.

My guess is that Jame had driven the flu sick Milo home from school in Milo's car.

That would make sense... Though, having someone who is angry at you drive off in your car is a recipe for potential drama of the automotive variety.. 0:)

Well, doesn't Dom have a thing for constructing gay families or family substitutes (TLW, DD)?

That's an excellent point!

In general I don't think it's that significant for Milo and Nelson. I mean they're still very early on in their relationship. I don't really think either one of them is thinking, "This will be good practice for when we have our own baby together". It would have been one thing if they'd been together a couple of years or something, or if they just seemed more serious in general (like I could imagine it being significant for Owen and Aiden), but I just don't get that their relationship is out of that "new" phase yet. It's natural to kid and joke around and stuff, and I would have expected them to be partners, but I don't think even Nelson could get away with a line like, "well you better take this seriously! What if it were really our daughter crying?"

That would make sense... Though, having someone who is angry at you drive off in your car is a recipe for potential drama of the automotive variety.. 0:)

:lmao::lol:

In general I don't think it's that significant for Milo and Nelson.

My take on it is that assigning Milo and Nelson to be partnered as parents to take care of the baby shows the awkwardness and potential "fear factor" of two actual boyfriends being assigned as partners - in the father/husband role. How will they handle it? Will people connect the dots and think they're gay and something is going on between them? Will Milo pull his usual distancing act? No, he doesn't. Milo actually becomes a responsible and nurturing parent and it tells us that he has a lot of tenderness and affection inside of him - that he wants someone to love but has a hard time showing Nelson that he's the one that Milo loves. It comes out in his treatment of their baby. Nelson, on the other hand, has an easier time being affectionate and loving towards Milo and by taking care of him while he's sick with the flu, Nelson is able to give his love and affection directly to Milo without using a surrogate. So I think this baby thing is critical to the development of the story. It shows that both Milo and Nelson are willing to give someone love and affection, that they are capable of being seen as a couple, that barriers to a more loving relationship are being broken down, and that they are developing an emotional bond. They are showing their vulnerability to each other and to love. They are learning how to have a more adult relationship that has responsibilities...that makes demands and enables them to give selflessly.

• Site Moderator

Milo and Nelson didn't become partners in the parenting class by choice. It turns out that they had on choice, but to become partners. There was no one else left to partner with. Some of the girls in the class joined together for this project.

So to me, they had no other choice. That can be their excuse if something is said. But it is interesting to watch and see how they do.

Guest mn_quiet1
I was just thinking that. And obviously she approves too. I think she's going to turn into a really helpful and/or central character, actually. Whoever predicted that a few chapters back hit the nail on the head.

My guess is that Juanita doesn't know. But, she seems to be an almost surrogate mother for Milo. I can't help but wonder if she senses something.

My take on it is that assigning Milo and Nelson to be partnered as parents to take care of the baby shows the awkwardness and potential "fear factor" of two actual boyfriends being assigned as partners - in the father/husband role. How will they handle it? Will people connect the dots and think they're gay and something is going on between them? Will Milo pull his usual distancing act? No, he doesn't. Milo actually becomes a responsible and nurturing parent and it tells us that he has a lot of tenderness and affection inside of him - that he wants someone to love but has a hard time showing Nelson that he's the one that Milo loves. It comes out in his treatment of their baby. Nelson, on the other hand, has an easier time being affectionate and loving towards Milo and by taking care of him while he's sick with the flu, Nelson is able to give his love and affection directly to Milo without using a surrogate. So I think this baby thing is critical to the development of the story. It shows that both Milo and Nelson are willing to give someone love and affection, that they are capable of being seen as a couple, that barriers to a more loving relationship are being broken down, and that they are developing an emotional bond. They are showing their vulnerability to each other and to love. They are learning how to have a more adult relationship that has responsibilities...that makes demands and enables them to give selflessly.

Wow, that's some pretty deep analysis for a gay fiction story. I wonder if Dom plans out all these symbolic meanings?

• Site Moderator
My guess is that Juanita doesn't know. But, she seems to be an almost surrogate mother for Milo. I can't help but wonder if she senses something.

Interesting theory. Here's a what if. What if Juanita turns out to be Milo's mother. The product of an affair.

Interesting theory. Here's a what if. What if Juanita turns out to be Milo's mother. The product of an affair.

If that's the case, then the actual ex-wife of Mr. Trust wouldn't be coming to see Milo on an odd day per year.

• Site Moderator
If that's the case, then the actual ex-wife of Mr. Trust wouldn't be coming to see Milo on an odd day per year.

Another what if. The ex Mrs. Trust might not have been able to have a child, so Juanita could be the serogate mother and the former Mrs. Trust raised Mile, therefore she may want to continue to see Milo from time to time.

Another what if. The ex Mrs. Trust might not have been able to have a child, so Juanita could be the serogate mother and the former Mrs. Trust raised Mile, therefore she may want to continue to see Milo from time to time.

Or vice versa.

Ok, but where does the goat fit in with all of this????????

I'm still curious to know how and why Milo started calling himself Milo.

I'm sure that will be explained in time. Maybe Dom is still figuring it out, and he won't release Chapter 12 until he solves it.

Absymmian Non-Vegan Gazpacho (Also known more trendily as New Absymmian Goat Chowder)

9.32 lbs smoked goat, hair, horns and sexual organs removed

1 lb potatoes (new are best, but near-petrified work okay)

5 vine-ripe tomatoes

1 bunch broccoli-rabe (including fungus if you can get it)

Parsley, sage and leaves of the Absymmian beechnut tree (DO NOT substitute the American beechnut or Beechnut gum)

1 can each tomato juice and Welch's white zinfandel grape juice

Cracked black pepper and sea salt created from waters 7.2 miles off the northweast shore of Crete -- if you can't get this, don't even bother with the chowder. Make Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup instead.

Chop or shred smoked goat (how you smoke your goat is up to you, as long as the authorities don't find out) into pieces small enough that they are easily masticated (which you can do as a group on solo) and swallowable.

Dice the potatoes into 1/4 inch squares.

Remove tomatoes from the vine, gentlyl squeeze the guts out of them, then chop into chunks about the same size as the goat meat (which you previously removed).

Do what you want with the broccoli-rabe.

Gently braise in retsina the potatoes, tomatoes and rabe until you can fork them easily.

In a large pot, combine goat, veggies, juices and all spices except the sea salt.

Add the sea salt to taste.

Heat gently over a goat-dung fire, and simmer six hours. Let cool. Order a pizza. Serve the gazpacho the next day reheated.

NOTE: There is a fierce debate whether true New Absymmian Goat Chowder should be made with tomatoes or milk. If you want to substitute milk for the tomatoes, elinate the broccoli-rabe, and substitute clams for the goat.

Journeyman

Absymmian Non-Vegan Gazpacho (Also known more trendily as New Absymmian Goat Chowder)

9.32 lbs smoked goat, hair, horns and sexual organs removed

1 lb potatoes (new are best, but near-petrified work okay)

5 vine-ripe tomatoes

1 bunch broccoli-rabe (including fungus if you can get it)

Parsley, sage and leaves of the Absymmian beechnut tree (DO NOT substitute the American beechnut or Beechnut gum)

1 can each tomato juice and Welch's white zinfandel grape juice

Cracked black pepper and sea salt created from waters 7.2 miles off the northwest shore of Crete -- if you can't get this, don't even bother with the chowder. Make Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup instead.

Journeyman, that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Thanks for a great mood lifter and a good chuckle!! :great::great::great::great::great: