[DomLuka] With Trust 11!

My take on it is that assigning Milo and Nelson to be partnered as parents to take care of the baby shows the awkwardness and potential "fear factor" of two actual boyfriends being assigned as partners - in the father/husband role. How will they handle it? Will people connect the dots and think they're gay and something is going on between them? Will Milo pull his usual distancing act? No, he doesn't. Milo actually becomes a responsible and nurturing parent and it tells us that he has a lot of tenderness and affection inside of him - that he wants someone to love but has a hard time showing Nelson that he's the one that Milo loves. It comes out in his treatment of their baby. Nelson, on the other hand, has an easier time being affectionate and loving towards Milo and by taking care of him while he's sick with the flu, Nelson is able to give his love and affection directly to Milo without using a surrogate. So I think this baby thing is critical to the development of the story. It shows that both Milo and Nelson are willing to give someone love and affection, that they are capable of being seen as a couple, that barriers to a more loving relationship are being broken down, and that they are developing an emotional bond. They are showing their vulnerability to each other and to love. They are learning how to have a more adult relationship that has responsibilities...that makes demands and enables them to give selflessly.

I think this is a wonderful analysis. As to whether the Great Dom would have thought of it or not, who knows? My own take on him is that he is a wonderfully intuitive artist who resonates around the topics of desire, emotion, love - given and denied, commitment and identity.

If you want a contrast take a look at dkstories's work. Dan is what I would call an author of ideas. In a certain sense I find Dan's work easier because I can engage the ideas - the Nietzscheanism with its elitism and contempt for compassion :angry: which is in conflict with Dan's expression of a deep and very moving desire to play the role of Benjamin's Angel of History. 0:)

If I had to compare them I would say that Dom is the poet of love while Dan is the Bard of ideas. If I get time I will put up that long promised essay on Dan and match it with something on love & Luka.

Gearoid

I think there's too much thinking going on ... :wacko:

My thoughts exactly. Alas, this is what Domaholics do when he doesn't post a new chapter for a while. Dom! We need chapter 12! They're starting to ruthlessly speculate all over the place again!

My thoughts exactly. Alas, this is what Domaholics do when he doesn't post a new chapter for a while. Dom! We need chapter 12! They're starting to ruthlessly speculate all over the place again!

I would have to speculate that the speculation regarding the level of speculation is purely speculative. :P

Has Dom abandoned us?

i'm starting to feel the same way too..sorta losing the momentum of following the story..

Have Faith!!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Dom is just in his really really really busy season.

Have faith boys! Dom will be back :2thumbs:

Have Faith!!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Dom is just in his really really really busy season.

Have faith boys! Dom will be back :2thumbs:

He's out getting laid. This has happened before. Horny little bastard. Good news is after every sabbatical his writing gets better (if that is possible).

I think there's too much thinking going on ... :wacko:

Ah for the intellectual - always the temptation of anti-intellectualism :P

Gearoid

Edited by Gearoid

I'm checking less frequently now, which is good. :lol: After a couple of chapters are posted, I can reread from the beginning and get back into the story. =)

I appreciate that Dom has his life to lead but I hope he realises how much our lives are affected waiting for each chapter.

All I can say is please, please please Dom

Pete :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I appreciate that Dom has his life to lead but I hope he realises how much our lives are affected waiting for each chapter.

All I can say is please, please please Dom

Pete :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Lol. Dom I am your humble Servant. :P

Please update when you can.

Not sure about anyone else, but if Dom worked a couple of hours less, each week, in order to have more time to write, I, for one, would be willing to pitch in a few bucks to a fund to compensate him for the time.

Andrew

((gazes longingly at the computer screen while clicking "refresh" button over and over and over and over and over and over and over....ad infinitum)) :blink:

not to sound ungrateful, but i'm going thru withdrawal symptoms here...i just love dom's words so much...((teary eyed)) :wub:

((gazes longingly at the computer screen while clicking "refresh" button over and over and over and over and over and over and over....ad infinitum)) :blink:

Well I'm an embedded electronic /programmer tech, so to save everyones fingers (and sanity), I'll whip up an auto page DOM With Trust refresher program. While am at it I'll also thunk up an auto SMS feed device possibly with GPS (in case any readers are lost), and text ya all when the next chapter appears :2thumbs:

bodgy

I am a little surprised actually, no pre-release thread opened yet...

not that I would not rather get the next chapter, but I got used to those 'we are trying to reign in our impatience by discussing the oncoming chapter" topics ^^ and some people do have very interesting pronostics too!

I am a little surprised actually, no pre-release thread opened yet...

not that I would not rather get the next chapter, but I got used to those 'we are trying to reign in our impatience by discussing the oncoming chapter" topics ^^ and some people do have very interesting pronostics too!

Maybe we should all just get a life. <_<