My name's Sam, and I'm an addict

4 minutes ago, Sam Wyer said:

Hell no, I'm very happy where I am, particularly now that I've found a little 'home' on the internet for my writing to exist.

so you got more for us hungry little readers<cheep, cheep>?:yes:

Edited by mogwhy
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

so you got more for us hungry little readers<cheep, cheep>?:yes:

Most definitely, yes.  I've got a couple of other stories already finished, and three or four that are at various stages of being 'in the middle of writing'.  I'm actually taking a bit of time at the moment to finish stuff, do some re-editing, and get stories posted before I start on with new projects.  A bit of mental housekeeping.  The only potential flaw in the plan is that sometimes, characters just seem to appear in my head, and the only way to get them out is to write their story.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Sam Wyer said:

sometimes, characters just seem to appear in my head, and the only way to get them out is to write their story.

i have characters, story lines and even full scenes pop in my head. the only problem is i have no writing skills. tell you a story--that i can do if i talk

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

i have characters, story lines and even full scenes pop in my head. the only problem is i have no writing skills. tell you a story--that i can do if i talk

I'm not sure 'I have no writing skills' really applies to someone who produces poetry.  But I'm interested in your distinction, because I feel that all I do is tell stories, I just happen to write them down.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Yes, it can be addicting.  I don't feel the need to write every day, though.  When I first started writing I went through a bit of a 'frenzied' period, where the words flowed easily and I wrote pretty prolifically.  Now that's not the case.  I have attention issues which make sitting down and concentrating on writing very difficult sometimes.  So when my attention is good, I go with it and write, and when it's not, then I don't sweat it and do what I can when I can.  Honestly, I think I find GA itself to be more addicting... lol 

Valkyrie, sometimes I swear you and I are the same person... :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, robertlee said:

I'm definitely one of the addicts. My only problem is I have way too many ideas and I try and write them all at the same time. I have hundreds of word documents of random scenes or characters or just an idea. Many of them sadly forgotten. Right now I think I have 4 consistently being worked on projects in some form. I feel the need to write every day like some people said because it's a therapy of sorts. Sometimes I'm better at writing a random scene to deal with an issue than sitting there and thinking about it. Writing is an essential part of my life and I don't think I'd want it any other way. 

Also happy to have you be a part of this big family at GA!

I'm the same way... I have so many notes with ideas, lines or phrases. Also dozens of rough and unfinished things.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I have so many notes with ideas, lines or phrases. Also dozens of rough and unfinished things.

I feel that I really should get better at this.  I'm terrible at writing stuff down when it comes to me.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I have so many notes with ideas, lines or phrases. Also dozens of rough and unfinished things.

11 minutes ago, Sam Wyer said:

I feel that I really should get better at this.  I'm terrible at writing stuff down when it comes to me.

See my Blog entry about my Notes Journal. I have tons of unfinished stuff, from ideas, character profiles, notes for current stories, etc. all tucked into that notebook, and to a lesser extent in an online document through One Note and One Drive.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I learned if you don't write the really good ones down, that thought lost forever.

You're absolutely right I'm sure.  And I really don't want to forget what's going to happen in that scene for my next story that I've been imagining all bloody day for god knows what reason.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sam Wyer said:

You're absolutely right I'm sure.  And I really don't want to forget what's going to happen in that scene for my next story that I've been imagining all bloody day for god knows what reason.

Keep backups too, just like stories. Since I'm blind, I can only put notes on computer. I have 1 cloud account, and 3 external HD. In case of failure.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

See my Blog entry about my Notes Journal. I have tons of unfinished stuff, from ideas, character profiles, notes for current stories, etc. all tucked into that notebook, and to a lesser extent in an online document through One Note and One Drive.

I used to use OneNote for that stuff, when I was writing in Word online, it was very easy having it all online.  Now I use (or more accurately have, because I'm sure I only use a small percentage of it's functionality) Scrivener.  The idea was to help with exactly this problem, keeping, sorting, and re-ordering those random extracts and ideas, which it's really good for.  I just need to be better at writing the down in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Or the really good ones hit when you're in the shower, or some other impossible place. And try recalling it.. never happens. 

I'me somehow reassured that this took the path I expected it would :) 

• Like 4

I write most days. Those days I don't do original writing, I do editing, rewrites, thinking... If I do none of these, the day feels very strange. Even if I think I'm having a complete off-day, I usually end up doing something.

• Like 4