• 3 weeks later...

The dastardly, deluded Stuart reappears in tomorrow's episode ... Or maybe he's just a sad individual who needs help? :huh:  Answers on a postcard, or in the chapter comments might be better. :P

• Angry 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 10:22 PM, northie said:

The dastardly, deluded Stuart reappears in tomorrow's episode ... Or maybe he's just a sad individual who needs help?

Ugh, he needs to fall down a manhole or something. :angry:

18 hours ago, northie said:

A new character's introduced in this week's chapter: Wes. 

Now that @droughtquake has suggested throwing Wes to the wolves (aka Stuart) I fear you won't be able to resist a plot twist. :o 

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I fear you won't be able to resist a plot twist. :o 

:X  :X. I know Wes' immediate future, but not beyond that. So what might happen ... 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

How old is Gloria’s grandnephew? Would he make an appropriate match for Wes? Timmy seems to forget I did say ‘if Wes turns out to be a dud.’  ;–)

Nope, I didn't forget, but even if he's a dud, I don't think he deserves to meet Stuart. And if Wes is around the same age as our friends, he must be too old for Gloria's grand-nephew, who sounds like a teen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

How old is Gloria’s grandnephew?

A great nephew of mine – he's aged fourteen – told his parents he's gay. He's a good boy. A credit to his parents.

So ... no, he isn't suitable. (This is from Chapter 2)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, droughtquake said:

The Doctor could bring a future great-nephew back in time…

So ... your vision of the UK is a cross between Miss Marple and Dr Who?  -_-  :blink: Or, is this the UK in fiction? That's not quite so bad. Maybe ... 

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, northie said:

So ... your vision of the UK is a cross between Miss Marple and Dr Who?  -_-  :blink: Or, is this the UK in fiction? That's not quite so bad. Maybe ... 

Dr Who, Torchwood, Monty Python, Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Eastenders, All Creatures Great and Small, and all those BBC costume dramas.  ;–)

Those are like documentaries of UK life today, right?  ;–)

The problems caused by my dead laptop will have more effect on Soul Music. These chapters are written only a chapter or two ahead, and they have to go through the full editing process. My standby laptop is of limited assistance as the screen has only the minimum illumination. That's bearable for the occasional edits; not so much for full-on writing. And it can't be used in strong daylight. I'll have to see how it goes, and how long it takes for the repairs to be done.

• Sad 2

When I was homeless and my ancient laptop was slowly dying, I bought an external display and was able to use the computer until I could replace it. I’m still using the external display. The only disadvantage was that I had to plug the monitor in for power, so the laptop couldn’t be used anywhere there wasn’t an outlet.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you patiently waiting for the next chapter, my apologies. My computer troubles have affected this story more than anything else. The next chapter will appear a fortnight today, with hopefully the next following a week later. Then I hope normal service will resume, with each story's chapter appearing once a fortnight.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hmm ... I was being a little optimistic in my last post. Chapter 12 will indeed be posted this coming Friday.  :)  However commitments next weekend mean I won't get Chapter 13 done for the following Friday, which is what I hoped for.  :/  Oh, well. At least the story's making progress again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There won't be an episode this coming Friday unfortunately.  :/  Sorry, but my antho story is taking up nearly all my creative energies at the moment, and the deadline isn't that far away. There will be a chapter a fortnight later, even if it has to be a short one.

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, northie said:

There'll be something on the page a week Friday.  👍

Spoiler

A rude pedant might point out that this was only a promise that ‘something’ will appear on ‘the page’ at that time…

Spoiler

But the pedant is just teasing and does not require further clarification or explanation.

;–)

;–)