• Site Administrator

I 'follow' the Chicago Manual of Style on Facebook and every month they feature a quiz on various elements of grammar.  I find taking these quizzes quite helpful, since, while I usually get good scores, I rarely get them all correct.  I like that they let you know what questions you get wrong and provide the correct answers.  This month's quiz is on word usage, something I consider one of my strong areas.  Even so, I scored an 80%.  I thought other writers/editors might be interested in taking the quiz.  

http://cmosshoptalk.com/2018/10/30/chicago-style-workout-31-word-usage-part-5/?fbclid=IwAR0BbNcxibW2wDmC6CeHInYzXoUpgKBFHO5u1MYbsroxoF3HF9EeiH6Z_Kc

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

I 'follow' the Chicago Manual of Style on Facebook and every month they feature a quiz on various elements of grammar.  I find taking these quizzes quite helpful, since, while I usually get good scores, I rarely get them all correct.  I like that they let you know what questions you get wrong and provide the correct answers.  This month's quiz is on word usage, something I consider one of my strong areas.  Even so, I scored an 80%.  I thought other writers/editors might be interested in taking the quiz.  

http://cmosshoptalk.com/2018/10/30/chicago-style-workout-31-word-usage-part-5/?fbclid=IwAR0BbNcxibW2wDmC6CeHInYzXoUpgKBFHO5u1MYbsroxoF3HF9EeiH6Z_Kc

I enjoyed doing this very much. Some were very easy, others quite tricky. Thank you for sharing this link! 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

That was interesting. It woke my brain up. :P  Ninety percent, because of Kudos. I accept it, but don't get it. I'll say no more. :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Site Administrator
37 minutes ago, Headstall said:

That was interesting. It woke my brain up. :P  Ninety percent, because of Kudos. I accept it, but don't get it. I'll say no more. :P 

You get the gold star  Kudos got me, too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

YIKES!  Only 60%

Shameful. Its it's back to school for I me. I should have a 'D' on an my hat.

I'm an imposter who doesn't deserve to have any friends!

But I got Kudos right. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Dodger said:

YIKES!  Only 60%

Shameful. Its it's back to school for I me. I should have a 'D' on an my hat.

I'm an imposter who doesn't deserve to have any friends!

But I got Kudos right. :thumbup:

Kudos to you for getting 'kudos' right :worship: And of course you should have a 'D' on your hat.  You're Dodger!  :gikkle: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...