The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, Kitt said:

Mini strokes and/or TIA's can be almost as scary as a full blown stroke. Fortunately the effects usually ARE temporary. 

While working thru this remember to take time to take care of each other. Sometimes these things can be tougher on the family than the patient.

Hang in there!

Thank you, Kitt.  i appreciate your thoughtful advice. xo

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Thinking good thoughts for all three of you.

xoxo

Big hug to Mike. 

Thank you, Reader xoxox   

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

it's Friday

ImageMichael's dad has been having a rough time of it.. was in the ER for one reason, had a mini stroke while there. He's home and we hope the effects are temporary.

Oh no.  I hope he has an easy recovery 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks all of you!  My FIL in now in the hospital as an in-patient. He collapsed at home and my MIL cannot get him up easily so she called 911. Now, the hospital he's in will transport him to the other hospital for cancer treatments, while he's an in-patient.  So, that's a huge thing. Docs are trying to figure out what's going on with the tia's/mini strokes or whatever it they are, and they will get some physio for my FIL as well. So, hopefully, things will improve.

And speaking of getting better, this is for @mollyhousemouseand anyone who is learning new things and making it work!!

My Husband is taking me out today and we'll get some lunch and chill a bit in the much much much cooler temperatures today. 

Have a good Monday all. xo

I'm glad your FIL is starting to improve.

Best wishes to you, Mike and all of your family xx

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Brayon said:

@Mikiesboy I'm still praying for you, Mike, and your FiL. I know it's scary to have a parent go through those Mini-strokes. Happened to my mother a few times. Lots of love, light, and luck to you and yours.

Good morning, B! *waves*

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks all of you!  My FIL in now in the hospital as an in-patient. He collapsed at home and my MIL cannot get him up easily so she called 911. Now, the hospital he's in will transport him to the other hospital for cancer treatments, while he's an in-patient.  So, that's a huge thing. Docs are trying to figure out what's going on with the tia's/mini strokes or whatever it they are, and they will get some physio for my FIL as well. So, hopefully, things will improve.

And speaking of getting better, this is for @mollyhousemouseand anyone who is learning new things and making it work!!

My Husband is taking me out today and we'll get some lunch and chill a bit in the much much much cooler temperatures today. 

It's good to hear your FIL is being taken care of. Health issues, no matter how big or small can be scary. Still sending you and Michael positive thoughts. 

Enjoy your day out and the beautiful weather. I still have a few months to go before the temps and humidity drop. I'm looking forward to getting our lanai set up. Right now it looks a bit hoarder-ish. At least it can't be seen from the street. 

Hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

The hospital really is the best place for him at the moment. It sounds like your FIL has a lot going on right now, and they're better equipped to handle the various treatments and coordinating the appointments. Hopefully he'll be on the track to stability in short order. 

And look at you with a lunch date with your husband! That sounds wonderful and I hope you both have a great time and enjoy each other in the outdoors. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kbois said:

I still have a few months to go before the temps and humidity drop.

Us too ... this is just a little surprise before the heat and humidity return. That's summer in Toronto and surrounds.

5 hours ago, Brayon said:

I'm still praying for you, Mike, and your FiL

Thank you xoxoxo  Hope all is well with you.  :)

4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

'm glad your FIL is starting to improve.

Thank, chris! xo

• Love 4
3 hours ago, spyke said:

And look at you with a lunch date with your husband!

hehe, thanks.  i see Him a lot actually.  LOL.   It was nice to get out of the house for awhile and walk around without getting heat stroke.  Hope you doing well. xo

• Like 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning, B! *waves*

Hiya, Reader! *waves back* Poor reception at work, so couldn't respond this morning.

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thank you xoxoxo  Hope all is well with you.  :)

Doing good my friend. Just one day at a time.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Morning all *waves* hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

Finally I get some good news - 15 months after my Dad's death his flat has finally sold, so only another 4 - 6 weeks to finalise his estate.

And in other good news - after a month of trying Hubby finally got a Dr's appointment.

And in even more good news - After over 3 years off work due to ill Health and Covid, I've finally got a new job.

Never believed it before, but they say good things come in three's.

Congratulations on the new job! 

All good reasons to celebrate.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Morning all *waves* hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

Finally I get some good news - 15 months after my Dad's death his flat has finally sold, so only another 4 - 6 weeks to finalise his estate.

And in other good news - after a month of trying Hubby finally got a Dr's appointment.

And in even more good news - After over 3 years off work due to ill Health and Covid, I've finally got a new job.

Never believed it before, but they say good things come in three's.

That's some great news! Congratulations on the new job. You're right that good things come in threes. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..