The Drop in Centre

Stress

The confusion created when ones mind overrides the body's basic desire to strangle the crap out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Author unknown

Give in. Not only will it relieve your stress, it just may prevent some for others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy It was quite cool today, wasn’t it? We’ve actually closed all the windows tonight, because there’s a cold breeze blowing through. It certainly doesn’t feel as if July is just around the corner. 

Good to hear you and Mike got to spend a nice evening with your nephew and his boyfriend. 

:) 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy It was quite cool today, wasn’t it? We’ve actually closed all the windows tonight, because there’s a cold breeze blowing through. It certainly doesn’t feel as if July is just around the corner. 

Good to hear you and Mike got to spend a nice evening with your nephew and his boyfriend. 

:) 

it was wonderful today ... really did not feel well the on Sunday.  All the windows are open here but it's harder to cool down the apartment than a house it seems.  July can stay away...lol

Thank you, it was really nice to go out. Peter (nephew) and Jess (the boyfriend) have been together going on two years now.  They don't live together but they are talking about it. Peter wants to soon but Jess wants to pay off student loans before doing that. We'll see what they decide.  Just nice to see how good they are together and how happy.

Hope you are doing well, Reader .. xxoo

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Moving day was mostly okay. No mishaps with anything. It was a long day though. Now everything is in absolute chaos until we can find time to unpack. 

I bought a nice pantry closet for the kitchen. Four hours for me and hubs to put together. Our bed isn't put back together so we've been sleeping on the mattress on the floor. Caught Zeke snoozing on my side--head on my pillow. 

I won't get anything done this weekend because I'm Mom-sitting. My brother is going up to Mass for the weekend and I'll be staying at their house. Mom's dementia has really progressed. She has no idea who anyone is anymore. It breaks my heart. 

Have a good day!

• Like 5
5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian Friends x

Thanks chris!  Just a regular day here...  likely fireworks tonight

• Like 3
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

wanted to say “Happy Canada Day”

Stay Cool

So take care of yourself 

9B1A6C67-CE89-4AA6-9C20-B47D46A64D8A.png

Thanks rick .. just at home today.. it may rain from the looks of it.. making a quiche atm.   You have a great day too!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The first 3 ... are they though? Maybe i'm just bad at making choices, which is why Michael makes most of mine. He's pretty good at it.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The first 3 ... are they though? Maybe i'm just bad at making choices, which is why Michael makes most of mine. He's pretty good at it.

I think the first three are completely subjective and not always something we have control over, whereas kindness, giving and respect are acts which can be carried out. 

Whatever the case may be, it's food for thought. Thanks for sharing tim 🙂

Happy Canada Day!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks rick .. just at home today.. it may rain from the looks of it.. making a quiche atm.   You have a great day too!

thanks tim, the quiche sounds good.
my plans are still following Docs Order. Hope to get back to work after Tuesday’s appointment. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

wanted to say “Happy Canada Day”

Stay Cool

So take care of yourself 

Thanks, rick! :) 

• Like 1

I'm on day two of Mom-sitting. 

Christmas in July on the Hallmark channel...🤮

I've known for a while my brother and sil are idiots and this weekend only proves it. Brother gives me the rundown before they leave. Nothing out of the ordinary. He tells me where the clean sheets are in case I need to change them and mentions that there are a 'few' pee stains on the mattress. 

Ummmm.... her room stinks. Today I pulled the sheets, chucks and mattress pad off. Suffice to say I just spent three hours cleaning the mattress with a carpet cleaner. I'm hoping when everything is dry 90% of the stench will be gone. 

I told my other brother that Mom might as well have been sleeping in an ammonia factory. I'm telling my idiot brother she needs a new mattress and instead of blowing thru her money to pay his bills he needs to spend it on her and replace that nasty thing and invest in a good waterproof cover. 

Granted he is taking care of her, but honestly it's a toss up between what's better... a nursing home or staying with him. Neither is ideal. 

Hope everyone is having a good day!

• Sad 4
  • Angry 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..