The Drop in Centre

We went to see Top Gun last night. I have to say it was one of the few times a sequel was just about as good as the original. Slightly cheesy in a few parts and also predictable, but overall it scores two thumbs up. 👍👍

Still packing and cleaning stuff out. I just reserved a Uhaul for the last weekend of the month. Now I just need to recruit some muscle to help. 

I hope everyone has a good week!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, rickproehl said:

tim , i hope you get to feeling better. we made some chicken and ham salad not together. We added onions /carrots / celery to the chicken water so we also got some stock for later. if you have any grapes freeze them they are a cooling snack. 

Frozen sliced Banana is great too!

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

We have Monday off for Juneteenth for the first time this year. Not sure what we'll be doing.  Greenwood, which is not too far away, is having several large celebrations this 3-day weekend but I don't' think SP will want to go to any of them.

We might go visit my last surviving aunt.

• Like 5

By the way - our project is hacking apart the dead elliptical machine that has been gathering cat furballs in the corner of the living room with a hacksaw. And destroying the mice who have decided Kevin's greenhouse is a nice buffet. So tomorrow while my husband is at work, I get to hacksaw the joints of the elliptical that won't surrender to the hexwrench (some of them are stripped).

That means there's rum tonight.

Ahoy, matey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well what do you know? I found two decorative candles I've been missing since I "put them away somewhere safe" three Christmases ago. 

Go figure. 

Saturday is d-day. Still packing up small stuff. Unfortunately not getting much help. Hubby is doing what he can, but of course he started a new position at his work and had to do 2 extra days last week, which when you work overnights it messes with what you can get done during the day.  Younger son has been almost useless. He did help me pack stuff in the car. Twice. Wow.

I've been under the weather, but stopped at the pharmacy and am now armed with Sudafed, Dayquil, Nightquil, cough syrup and cough drops. I might survive the next few days. I hope. 

Have a good week everyone!

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..