The Drop in Centre

Hey All

Hope everyone is good.

Thought I'd pop in and say hello as I've got 2 days off work. As I've got to work 50 hrs between Wednesday and Sunday as the new Pub opens on Thursday and we have the final deliveries and then we can open the new Kitchen and start cooking.

All is good with me and Hubby. We both had our Flu Jab and latest Covid Booster this week.

Take care all xx

• Love 5
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Hope everyone is good.

Thought I'd pop in and say hello as I've got 2 days off work. As I've got to work 50 hrs between Wednesday and Sunday as the new Pub opens on Thursday and we have the final deliveries and then we can open the new Kitchen and start cooking.

All is good with me and Hubby. We both had our Flu Jab and latest Covid Booster this week.

Take care all xx

Good luck!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Hope everyone is good.

Take care all xx

That's some work you have ahead.. all the best, chris!!!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Hope everyone is good.

Take care all xx

Chris pace yourself it will be hard but you can do this. Focus on the task at hand not the other things. You can do it and Good Luck

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I think I just gave the CSR @ my bank a heart attack.

After banking here for more than 50 years, I got a notice that they would be changing my account from choice checking, free as long as I maintain a $5000 min balance in a linked savings, to 55+, that will incur a monthly service fee. I stopped into the bank in person to discuss the change and what other options were available.  The woman was generally rude and condescending, and informed me I basically had no choice. I replied that yes I do, I will be closing both accounts and finding a bank willing to accommodate my needs. Please be prepared to supply a check for the full amount in savings before close of business tomorrow. I waited till she pulled up the account info. Her eyes got very wide when she saw the 6 figure amount, and my backside as I got up and walked out.

I have already done the paperwork to move the auto deposit of my pension and his paycheck to the bank we have a money market account at. By this time next week I will have severed all ties.

Go ahead! Tell me I have no choice!

Rant over, I now return you to the regularly scheduled chatting.

Way to go Kitt! I would have done the same thing. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

After banking here for more than 50 years, I got a notice that they would be changing my account from choice checking, free as long as I maintain a $5000 min balance in a linked savings, to 55+, that will incur a monthly service fee. I stopped into the bank in person to discuss the change and what other options were available.  The woman was generally rude and condescending, and informed me I basically had no choice. I replied that yes I do, I will be closing both accounts and finding a bank willing to accommodate my needs. Please be prepared to supply a check for the full amount in savings before close of business tomorrow. I waited till she pulled up the account info. Her eyes got very wide when she saw the 6 figure amount, and my backside as I got up and walked out.

I have already done the paperwork to move the auto deposit of my pension and his paycheck to the bank we have a money market account at. By this time next week I will have severed all ties.

argh ... ageism at its finest right there .. never assume anything about your customers and that's what she did right there.  Someone may have some splainin' to do at some point. oh well .. i hope you find better service elsewhere. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Mother had a similar story about taking my brother to the bank when he was a teen. Teller basically said something to the effect that the funds in the account [of a TEENAGER mind] wasn't worth her time to bother fixing whatever the problem was.

The person line behind mom heard this, and calmly informed the teller that my brother's account might not be worth her time but he could guarantee his was -- and that if that was how they treated other customers, he would be changing banks.

[Edit: typo]

Edited by Fae Briona
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator
42 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I thought.. He's a KID.. why are you telling him to open an account for 16.95 a month? They drive me crazy when they do stuff like this. Kids are not stupid. They will remember when they are making money and want a house and stuff. Geez.

I’m betting you made his day, tim.

He will remember he was done wrong by, but, more importantly, he will remember you put him on the path to making things right.

He might just think next time to ask questions to confirm he is getting what he wants - whatever that want may be. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m betting you made his day, tim.

He will remember he was done wrong by, but, more importantly, he will remember you put him on the path to making things right.

He might just think next time to ask questions to confirm he is getting what he wants - whatever that want may be. 

Hope so. He was a nice polite kid.  xo

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 7:23 PM, Mikiesboy said:

This stuff drives me crazy.  I got a chat yesterday..

Hi, I'm James and i'm 16 .. i want to ask why i have to pay service charges?  They told me in the bank if i opened this account I wouldn't have any. They wrote down the name and sent me home to open the account.

I looked at his account and said.. this isnt the student account. I'm sorry about this.  I said, can you go back into the branch, James?

Yes I can this weekend.

I said okay. Go in with your ID and tell them you want to switch your account to the Student account. And I'm going to waive all the fees for you. You'll see them back in your account in a few minutes.

I thought.. He's a KID.. why are you telling him to open an account for 16.95 a month? They drive me crazy when they do stuff like this. Kids are not stupid. They will remember when they are making money and want a house and stuff. Geez.

well done 👍

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..