The Drop in Centre

On 12/20/2022 at 7:56 PM, mollyhousemouse said:

👋

hi. life's been crazy and i've been doing what had to be done and not too much more than that. i've been peeking in on y'all and you're all in my thoughts. i'm working hard in therapy to better deal with the stressors in my life. finally this week i feel more me.

i'll try to be around more in the coming weeks

molly glad to hear from you take care of yourself sending good thought your way.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Christmas shopping complete, whew! 

what couldn't be found at Costco was ordered from the grocery store to be picked up tomorrow afternoon. there won't be a big Christmas meal this year. i'm just not up to it. Phil ordered 4 dozen fresh tamales from a local restaurant for Christmas dinner with fresh beans and rice. 

now settling in for dinner and a movie

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I saw this when it originally made the news. Not sure why it showed up now in my Youtube home screen, but it did. 

It’s so stinkin’ cute, I watched it again, and thought I’d share it with you all.

https://youtu.be/1CBr2jGUGz0

omg.. i love it.. thanks, Reader!!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kbois said:

It's currently 38°.

In FLORIDA!

I hate wearing socks!!!

hahaha  i like socks ... i just ordered more!   and sweaters and a new cozy warm robe ... i feel cold often, even in the middle of summer sometimes. Michael on the other hand wears shorts indoors all year round and a t shirt  and even then sometimes He's too warm. 

Donate your socks to your frozen iguanas!! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Is actually a pretty morning if you don't count the Temps, and let's not talk about the wind chill. Once you get to f$#%ing cold, numbers are irrelevant.  On my way to check on the horse ( yes the barn would call if there were a problem, but he is a furry child) then grab a couple things forgotten when doing the grocery run last weekend and then I barricade myself in till Monday. The kids will be in for dinner, and back for breakfast tomorrow, I have a blanket by my recliner next to my tree, and a ceramic space heater with an electric "fire box". Probably will not use the space heat but the "fire" can expect long term use over the next 24 hrs or so. Hehe, I even have spare bulbs. They burned out around 10 pm Christmas eve one year when I had a house full of peeps. Sort of spoiled the mood a little. 

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

hahaha  i like socks ... i just ordered more!   and sweaters and a new cozy warm robe ... i feel cold often, even in the middle of summer sometimes. Michael on the other hand wears shorts indoors all year round and a t shirt  and even then sometimes He's too warm. 

I love the slipper socks from Dollorama. I wear them over regular socks. So cozy, they are.

That wind was/is something else isn’t it? Forecast says temps will steadily rise through the week until we’re up in the 40s again. I hope the weatherman’s right…

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

There is an iguana that hangs around the community I work in. He's probably stiff as a board right about now. 

Our floors aren't insulated, so even with socks, my feet are cold They're thick slipper socks too. I'm bummed because I got a pedicure yesterday, and now I have to cover up the sparkly toes.

I just finished all my wrapping. Now I'm going to chill out (literally) for a bit until hubs wakes up. We have a few last-minute things to do, mostly getting food for the next couple of days. I'll shop for our big dinner on Tuesday. I already have two rib roasts in the freezer, I just need all the stuff to go with it. 

My son texted me early this morning. They were in Georgia. They should be somewhere in Florida by now, heading to my daughter-in-laws parents in South Florida. They have more iguanas down there than we do. 

Have a good Christmas Eve and stay safe and warm!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..