The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs & friends

image.png

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Both of these ring so true. The older I get the more I realize that my happiness is solely dependant on me making the best out of how I react to what goes on around me. 

I finally sent a text to my brother down here asking if he wanted me to take mom for a few days. He texted back one word. "No". 

He's still pissed at me and I really don't give a damn. He bitches about me to our other brother (who agrees with me) and doesn't get why it's really not a good idea to have mom out and about right now. I swear he wasn't this stupid when we were younger. 

So for the first time in my life I won't be able to share Christmas with my mom. Her dementia has gotten to the point where holding a conversation is almost impossible. But I'll call her anyway. 

Its a blow to my happiness, which I'll counter by remembering how she used to be and those memories will make me happy. 

• Love 1
  • Sad 4
24 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's important for me to keep my self talk, my inner dialogue, as positive as possible.

And whenever you need a boost you know where to look...this wonderful, sometimes goofy group has your back as well as each other's. 🤪

My favorite scene from Finding Nemo is when Darla is banging on the tank and Peach (the starfish) keeps repeating "find a happy place! find a happy place! find a happy place!"

We all have that inner happy place. Some days it's easier to find than others. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, kbois said:

We all have that inner happy place. Some days it's easier to find than others. 

I've found that the less I bang my head against brick walls, the easier my inner happy place is to find. That and I often repeat "it is what it is."  I guess it's my own version of the serenity prayer because Lord knows there's just too much crap that I can't change. 

I hate to hear what you're going through with your mother and I am sad for you. But you are so wise to set this aside and remember how she was. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

Trying to make a cinnamon bread and some soft ginger-molasses cookies for tomorrow. Reminded of why I don't bake.  <sigh>

Having a mile panic attack all afternoon. We are going up to see my brother and his wife, and will let them know we're married (unless I completely panic before then).

• Love 3
  • Sad 2
14 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

I am going out and drive around to look at Christmas lights with my stepdaughter in law and we will go eat first. Even taking my dog with us to go look at them. She has been wanting to go for a drive too!

Have a great time!!!  

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Trying to make a cinnamon bread and some soft ginger-molasses cookies for tomorrow. Reminded of why I don't bake.  <sigh>

Having a mile panic attack all afternoon. We are going up to see my brother and his wife, and will let them know we're married (unless I completely panic before then).

try not to panic ... be proud of your marriage and husband (i know You are) . and i hope your baking came out.  i baked mincemeat tarts today..

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

I am going out and drive around to look at Christmas lights with my stepdaughter in law and we will go eat first. Even taking my dog with us to go look at them. She has been wanting to go for a drive too!

SP and I were going to go drive around last night and do that -- not sure what came up that we didn't. He's working this evening.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Sounds delicious. I like molasses cookies. I haven't made cookies from scratch in a long time...

I did get apples to make a pie. I'm out of Fireball though so I'll have to sacrifice the cinnamon whiskey that came in the gift pack my boss gave me. 

I also have a confession I need absolution for. I stopped at the Amish grocery on the way home and blew my Christmas dinner budget all the way into next Christmas. Oops. 

Good luck with your brother and sil. 

Edited by kbois
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Story Reader said:

Enjoy the lights. As for the pooch, a need for car ride is imbedded in a dog’s DNA. ;)

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Fae just be yourself and hold SP’s hand things will work out. stay safe and have a good trip.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

I am the Spirit of Christmas coming back to sc... oh I mean wish you all a Merry Christmas! Love you all!

love you back xo

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..