The Drop in Centre

21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

28f here ATM ... no heat on in the house.. we turn it on and off as we feel like it. But sweaters and blankets are needed.

Work is ... work. I'm happy to be off tomorrow!! 

Heat lasted all of three hours. Once the house got to 70 off it went. Changed from sweatshirt to t-shirt and socks came off. It was 56 when I went out to bring my son to work. Flip flop weather. 😆

Zeke is curled up on his chair and Camden is curled up on the footrest of my recliner. His head is keeping my ankle warm. Gonna be another lazy day. 

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Christmas for us was ok. Bread didn't turn out that great (dough didn't rise as much as it should have) but the cookies were delicious.

And my brother and/or sister in law are apparently upset at us for not saying anything to them about our relationship earlier, even though they've not shown an ounce of giving a 💩 about my life before now.

Edit:  sorry -- I think I posted most of this the other day; yesterday wasn't a good day (too much pain) and I forgot

Edited by Fae Briona
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Morning all. Sitting in a nice warm truck at the Boxing Day Hunt (yes I know yesterday was Boxing Day, but I don't do the scheduling.) 

I think the horse is a bit perturbed with having been rousted from her nice warm stall and stuffed her in a trailer at 25*f this am. That's  -4* for you Celsius peeps.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 5
28 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Christmas for us was ok. Bread didn't turn out that great (dough didn't rise as much as it should have) but the cookies were delicious.

And my brother and/or sister in law are apparently upset at us for not saying anything to them about our relationship earlier, even though they've not shown an ounce of giving a 💩 about my life before now.

Having siblings is a double edge sword. It doesn't matter what the subject is. You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. 

Your relationship is what it is. It's yours.  Its SP's. It's NOT your brother or SIL's. You get to live it it how you decide to. Be happy, you deserve it Fae. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning DiCers! 

I wish all of you a wonderful day... :) 

1 hour ago, kbois said:

Just for some perspective we can all relate to:

:gikkle:

Have a good day everyone!

Same to you both!!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I am doing good today 

Sold my poor broke down car. It was time.  Bought a new one and taking delivery on Thursday. 

I'm not looking forward to having a car payment again.  But needs must.  I live too far into suburbia to not drive.  We don't even have mass transit routes within 5 miles of my house. 

what kind of a car did you get?

• Like 4

Good Morning all.

Hope everyone is well, all good here.

It's 1 Celsius and very snowy where we live in the UK 🇬🇧

We're nice and snug indoors, had to have the heating on. House a pleasant 17.5 Celsius.

Take Care all xx

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's 1 Celsius and very snowy where we live in the UK 🇬🇧

We're nice and snug indoors, had to have the heating on. House a pleasant 17.5 Celsius.

Good morning DIC'ers. Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm thinking @Story Reader would be shivering and not happy at all with those temps! 🤣 

I'm on blood pressure medicine, so I'm always chilly. My heat is set to 70 (21 C).

Have a great day all! 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, spyke said:

Good morning DIC'ers. Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm thinking @Story Reader would be shivering and not happy at all with those temps! 🤣 

I'm on blood pressure medicine, so I'm always chilly. My heat is set to 70 (21 C).

Have a great day all! 

No I wouldn't be happy with the temp but it gets colder than that here at times in the winter. I don't have central heat so have to use electric heaters and my electric oven to heat my trailer. My husband (now deceased) and I back in 2006 decided to go total electric when we had  a bad gas leak and could not afford to have it fixed since we were going to have to have the whole line replaced. We had to redo our hot water heater which was a gas hot water heater at the time and get a electric stove. 

Edited by Story Reader
  • Like 4

I have a lazy border collie! She lays down while she eats! But I will forgive her cause she is 11 years old! Love her so much! Plus she got to go for a short ride to the store so I could get a short supply of groceries and her dogfood. They did not have the big bags of her food so had to get 2 small bags of it but that is no problem.

• Like 5

What did the monk say when he saw the face of Jesus in his tub of margarine?

Spoiler

I can't believe it's not Buddha!

Now that you smiled....have a good day! 

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..