The Drop in Centre

58 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Is it a little smaller though?  Maybe for some, i guess each needs to deal with what we're handed.

We, as in society, need to get over who i love and what is 'normal'.  If you really cut away the top layers and look at the world around us, straightness is not 'normal'. It is just is one of ways humans live. Obsessed straight people should look at the life on this planet and find out just how un'normal' their lifestyle is. And considering that they say it's normal, they certainly can't make it work very often. They marry, then divorce as soon as possible in so many instances. Often due to breaking their own rules of monogamy and fidelity. Hmmm, maybe it's not so 'normal' then, eh?

To me, families are not normal, they are not usually good. Family is always represented that they are the ties that bind. They are unless you mess with DA RULES. Then, not so much.  That was my family after my mother died.  I am better off out of it.

I miss my mother, but the rest... not so much.

Michael has a wildebeest family. They gather together, differences forgotten when they are threatened. Their love for each other is Mount Everest, a force 10 hurricane. And you are welcome there no matter what.

With all that said ... Merry Christmas.

I agree with you Tim! Straight people do not know how to love and some of them think they are better than others. Gay and bisexual people love the way people should love. I am not saying that straight people can not love unconditionally, I am saying that the ones that think they are better than the gay and bisexual. I think that everyone would be normal no matter how or who they want to love and this world would be a better place with that kind of unconditional love. There are too many hurts that from people who think they are better than one another just because they think it is not normal but they need to think of that person they are belittling and stop hurting, one of these days their belittling will take a turn on them and the belitterer will e the one that is getting belitted and he/she will know how it feels to be a victim. If this world ever comes to an end like people keep saying, then the ones that hurt others will be judged and taken. People should know this. Even my step daughter in law thinks that way on thinking she is better than a gay or straight person. I have seen that gay people and bisexual people or anyone that love all sexes have always been the sweetest people of all. All they want to be is accepted in this world and e loved not because of their sexual orientation but cause they are friendly and lovable. I have a good friend that loves me unconditionally even knowing that I am bisexual. She is my BFF! She will not stand by and hear someone put me down. That is why she is my best friend and we have been friends since the day we met 30 years ago.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, spyke said:

Family defined by blood can often be difficult and disappointing. Family by choice is usually more supportive and rewarding. Stay strong and be happy@Fae Briona

Merry Christmas everyone of you DIC'ers! I wish peace, health, and above all happiness to each and every one of you. 

And to our sweet and wonderful founder @Mikiesboy HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!🎂🎇

Merry Christmas, spyke. Thanks for the birthday wishes..

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Good morning everyone! 

Happy Boxing Day for those who celebrate. 

I'm happy that I was wrong about the weather for Xmas. We enjoyed temps in the upper 50s F (mid teens C). Woke up this morning to 37F (3C). It's a nice change even though having tile floors necessitates wearing socks and/or slippers.

One more week to 2020 and then we can kiss that bastard goodbye. Something to look forward to. 

Have a good day!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

New Years ... i think we need to stay calm and real about the coming new year.  Nature and disease don't care about New Year's... our mental health is important and so, personally saying goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021 don't mean much and things aren't going to change much.  For our sanity and happiness, don't believe that it will change quickly.  We have vaccines to look forward to but for most of us here, that won't happen to until mid to late 2021.

Keep on masking, washing and staying socially distant.

a New Year, a new mindset. perhaps a time to put away disappointments, reset expectations, and look ahead with fresh eyes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

a New Year, a new mindset. perhaps a time to put away disappointments, reset expectations, and look ahead with fresh eyes.

Well said molly. 

• Love 3

Good morning everyone. 

I caved. 

The house was 64 this morning. Heat went on. It should just be for today. Temps are going back up into the 70s for the rest of the week. Then another cool down on New Year's Day. This is my favorite time of year in Florida. 

Have a good day!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I've just cooked a homemade Honey and Mustard Ham. It's just got to cool down and then we have fresh ham for a few days.

Probably having it with eggs and chips for dinner.

Hope everyone is well and had a good Christmas. All is well here, Christmas was good, but very different.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

I've just cooked a homemade Honey and Mustard Ham. It's just got to cool down and then we have fresh ham for a few days.

Probably having it with eggs and chips for dinner.

Hope everyone is well and had a good Christmas. All is well here, Christmas was good, but very different.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  Sounds yummy!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Good morning everyone. 

I caved. 

The house was 64 this morning. Heat went on. 

Wimp 🤣

I'm sure your furbabies are very thankful!  It was 27 outside when I went for my pre-dawn walk. 

Edited by spyke
clarity
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

28f here ATM ... no heat on in the house.. we turn it on and off as we feel like it. But sweaters and blankets are needed.

Work is ... work. I'm happy to be off tomorrow!! 

That makes me cooooollllllddddddd! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..