The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Hello there. How’s your day, awesome people?

Hi Solus. *waves*

My day was great. The snow forecasted - it was a lot - never materialized so that’s a plus. Hope your day was a good one. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi Solus. *waves*

My day was great. The snow forecasted - it was a lot - never materialized so that’s a plus. Hope your day was a good one. 

Just tired. Bout to sleep. I usually get around 40 customers a day. Got around 90 this time. I’m 💀 .

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Why???

Biggest storm NJ has seen in 4 years. Governor urging peeps to stay off the roads. Hubby's place of employment closed due to the snow, but he drives an hour so would have stayed home anyway. Good day to sleep in, right?

Nope. 6 am and a customer starts texting to arrange a pick up for daughters new horse. Then she gets chatty besides. So here I am, wide awake more than an hour before sunrise!

Yes, I keep farmers hours. No, I no longer function as barn manager, and no longer need to be on the farm for am feedings. Why in the world would I want to visit at this hour???

Rant over. I now return you to your regularly scheduled morning routine.

Sending :hug:

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Sending :hug:

Thank you! Gets better! Still 1/2 hr before sun up here and a second customer rings, irritated I have not yet answered her text I found at 11:30  last night. Yes I get up early. That usually means I hit the hay early too. Found her text on  what for me is a "midnight" potty run. She actually sent it at 11 but apparently I slept thru the ring cycle.

I was always taught calls between 8 pm and 8 am were reserved for lovesick teens and emergencies only.  Moving your horse next week does not qualify for either!

Edited by Kitt
  • Wow 5
27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It is my Friday... then i am off until Dec 27.

I hope your Thursdays are okay.. good even!!  :)

Has been one foot in front of the other for 2 weeks now. Slow going for sure, but still moving. Just wish peeps would stop would stop tossing things out for me to trip over.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Why???

Biggest storm NJ has seen in 4 years. Governor urging peeps to stay off the roads. Hubby's place of employment closed due to the snow, but he drives an hour so would have stayed home anyway. Good day to sleep in, right?

Nope. 6 am and a customer starts texting to arrange a pick up for daughters new horse. Then she gets chatty besides. So here I am, wide awake more than an hour before sunrise!

Yes, I keep farmers hours. No, I no longer function as barn manager, and no longer need to be on the farm for am feedings. Why in the world would I want to visit at this hour???

Rant over. I now return you to your regularly scheduled morning routine.

Do Not Disturb setting is your best friend. Mine is set from 10p to 8a with five exceptions from my contacts. I used to get woken up at 3am from email notifications. Not anymore. 

Kitt, enjoy watching the snow from inside. Stay safe and warm. 

(Took my first shower with the fixed plumbing and new shower head. Tried all 7 settings. Hard to choose between 'stinging hot needles of joy' and 'thundering waterfall of happiness'. I chose the stinging needles of joy 😀)

Have a great day everyone! 

@Mikiesboy enjoy your time off! I see lots of knitting in your immediate future!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, kbois said:

Do Not Disturb setting is your best friend. Mine is set from 10p to 8a 

I chose the stinging needles of joy 😀

Problem with that is I am the local horse ambulance, and they frequently choose 3 am to colic and need emergency transport to the nearest equine clinic. Those calls dont bother me at all. 6 am for routine moving can wait till regular hours. You would not call your dentist at 6 am to schedule a cleaning. I deserve the same curtesy.

• Like 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to Check in and say Good Morning.

the joys of owing your home. Our furnace finally stopped working we got over 75 years out of it. it was time to finally stopped working. We are getting a new furnace but not till Monday. we are doing ok with kerosene heaters keeping warm. Thank goodness the weather here will be 30-40 and not colder. The installers are backed up until then. So staying warm. 

So how are things with you?

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, Kitt said:

You would not call your dentist at 6 am to schedule a cleaning. I deserve the same curtesy.

Nowadays???? People are just plain idiots. Sorry you have to deal with them

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

Nowadays???? People are just plain idiots. Sorry you have to deal with them

Yes, now a days, and until we all start calling people on their rude behavior it will continue to spiral down. I taught my daughter better, as my mother taught me. I am sure you taught your boys better. Why were these "adults" NOT taught? 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Story Reader said:

Probably because they have no respect for others and think they are better than others. I am a late night person but at least I don't call or test anyone after 10 pm. I don't even text my sister after 8 pm since I know that she gets up for work at 4:30 am. I show respect. Because if you don't show respect to others then they will not show respect to you. But some people just don't care cause they were never taught. 'Some parents should have never been parents'.

Hello Story Reader!   Thanks for visiting. Hope you do again.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Story Reader said:

I am Sherye, Tim. I changed my username. lol

haha  i knew you were gonna be trouble.. LOL...   okay.. hi Sherye!!     i was wondering why the place was popular all of a sudden.. we don't serve the hard stuff in here.. hehe

• Haha 5
28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

haha  i knew you were gonna be trouble.. LOL...   okay.. hi Sherye!!     i was wondering why the place was popular all of a sudden.. we don't serve the hard stuff in here.. hehe

Sweetie, I am not gonna be trouble. lol I don't want no hard stuff unless it is a bi one on the site lol couldn't resist! But none of the drinking kind that make  your mind foggy and make you feel like crap! 

Edited by Story Reader
  • Like 3

I have no idea why I am so cold! It seems like it is warmer outside than in my mobile home! But it is 4 degrees warmer in here than outside. I even have my heater on and the oven door open with heat coming out of it to warm the house up but it seems like my right side will not get warm at all. HURRY UP WARMTH! This old lady is cold and when she gets cold then she is hot a happy person! They always say when mama ain't happy then no one is happy! I am wondering if that is true if someone came around me! Unless someone came over here to warm me up then I might be happy! That way it kills 2 bird's with one stone! I AM STILL WAITING ON THAT SOMEONE! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..