The Drop in Centre

Good morning all! 

Quiet day today doing a whole lot of not much. Hubby's asthma has been kicking his ass this week. Seriously, if you smoke, please stop. Everytime he runs across someone smoking it triggers his breathing problems. Every. Damn. Day. 

Anyway...have a good day everyone. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Good morning all! 

Quiet day today doing a whole lot of not much. Hubby's asthma has been kicking his ass this week. Seriously, if you smoke, please stop. Every time he runs across someone smoking it triggers his breathing problems. Every. Damn. Day. 

Anyway...have a good day everyone. 

Hope it gets better for him.

I have that problem -- unfortunately, SP smokes.  And I'm odd in that when my allergies / asthma gets bad, my sense of smell heightens (the opposite of what you would normally expect).  He commented this morning that my coughing had been really bad the last couple of days and I had to remind him that the smell of cigarette smoke makes it worse. He's promised to try to cut back when he's at home; it's a start.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Good morning DiCers.

So, last night I actually fell asleep quite easily. Wouldn’t you know it, but I was woken up by a noise outside just after 2 a.m. Got up to see what was what, and realized it was quite silent. Had I imagined the sound was my inner thought. As I was gazing out at the quiet night I saw them. Yes, “them”. What “them” turned out to be were two coyotes - yes coyotes  :o - running down the road. 

So, let’s see, there are squirrels, raccoons, bunnies, foxes, and now coyotes in neighbourhood. That’s quite the menagerie of wildlife...

Anyway, that’s my ramble for the day. 

Have a good one... :) 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Hope it gets better for him.

I have that problem -- unfortunately, SP smokes.  And I'm odd in that when my allergies / asthma gets bad, my sense of smell heightens (the opposite of what you would normally expect).  He commented this morning that my coughing had been really bad the last couple of days and I had to remind him that the smell of cigarette smoke makes it worse. He's promised to try to cut back when he's at home; it's a start.

My sister smoked and she has asthma, but she stopped smoking 10 years ago. But she never smoked in her car or her house when she had her son cause he was born with asthma worse than hers was. She had to take him to the hospital a few times when he would have a asthma attack when he was little. He still has that happen ut it is because he walked by someone with either cigarette smoke on their clothes or they were smoking walking near him. I was never a cigarette smoker and yes I tried it but I never liked the taste.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

You also Reader, take care. I'll look after tim.  

Look after yourself too. 

Looks like y'all are sending some of your cold air my way for Christmas. It may actually feel more Christmassy this year. 

• Love 5

WHO ALL IS READY FOR CHRISTMAS? 

I want a million dollars for Christmas but that is a fantasy that will never happen so the best Christmas present I can ever receive is that everyone in the whole world that celebrates Christmas and the ones that don't, will have the best day on the 25th this month! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

@chris191070 how are things with you? i see  that you are going into a lock down? things ok ?

Oh things are jolly here in the 🇬🇧. Half the country is in a tier 4 lockdown, the other half is tier 3. We've been banned from over 40 countries because of the new covid variant that's been found. So everyone is panic buying

We're lucky where we live is tier 3 and we've done all our shopping. Both me and hubby as well as can be expected in these difficult times.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Was supposed to be my day off then my sleep was abruptly interrupted at 2am coz of an earthquake. My bed was literally shaking!

but the first thing my mind thought of was my neighbors were having...wild fun. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Well, at least you are alright! But I wished instead of the earthquake, it had been your neighbors having...wild fun!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Oh things are jolly here in the 🇬🇧. Half the country is in a tier 4 lockdown, the other half is tier 3. We've been banned from over 40 countries because of the new covid variant that's been found. So everyone is panic buying

We're lucky where we live is tier 3 and we've done all our shopping. Both me and hubby as well as can be expected in these difficult times.

I'm glad you both are doing ok Chris. 

My boss's son is supposed to be flying from Orlando to Scotland today (Inverness, I think). His wife and 2 boys have been there since Feb. He was waiting on a work visa when Covid hit. He will most likely get there, but who knows if he'll be able to come back, he's scheduled to return in two weeks. He's quarrantining the whole time he's there. 

Take care Chris!

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..