Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

21 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

We had grilled ham-and-cheese sandwiches with pickle slices and kettle chips. Chocolate chip cookies for dessert.   :yes:

https://joythebaker.com/2011/10/grilled-ham-cheese-pickle-and-potato-chip-sandwich/

https://www.craftycookingmama.com/big-jumbo-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Wow, the pickles and chips were in the sandwich not served as accompaniments.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Marty said:

Well...

Nothing major to report from the blood tests. Indeed the doc was more than happy.

He was particularly happy about the "HbA1c" test, which shows average level of blood sugar over the past 2 to 3 months, as this has gone down again (it was lower six months ago than it had been twelve months back), showing that I am managing the diabetes excellently (his word, not mine).

Also the 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol levels have also both improved. They were both well within limits six months ago as well.

And there was nothing coming up on the various other things that were being checked, like liver function, possible prostate cancer, etc.

Only thing that he was a bit worried about was that he took my blood pressure this afternoon, and it is a bit higher that last time he took it. He suggested i wear a 24 hour blood pressure monitor, just to be on the safe side. There's a waiting list for the two monitors he has, so that won't happen until 2 weeks time. But he told me not to worry, as today's reading was not outside the recommended limits - more a case of just seeing with the 24 hour monitor whether today was an anomaly (maybe due to the warmer weather, or something like that).

Looks like you'll have to put up with me for a while longer folks! Barring accidents, the doc says he doesn't see me dying any time soon. :rofl:

Congrats on the tests. See studing a head of time can yield good results.  Now as to tha bp, is your doctor a good looking fellow?

• Haha 5
53 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

To night were having 

Balsamic-Fig Pork Chops

with Parmesan asparagus:yes:

32 minutes ago, clochette said:

I'm having leftovers chipolata and merguez that we bbqed last night with white rice 

I'm ordering takeout but haven't decided what.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..