Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

6 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. The second of the main rain bands from TS Elsa is passing over. We were roused just before 5:30am when the first heavy rain band arrived by a National Weather Service text blast that we were under a tornado warning until 6am. Fortunately nothing came of that other than getting us all out of bed. Normally the pup and I get up at 4:30 but today we were having a bit of a lie in since it was raining heavily. Mum however, doesn't normally get up until 6:30 so she's had an early start. The worst of the storm should have passed by in the next hour with just remnant showers before clearing later.

Glad everyone is safe.  We've gotten just rain so far.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, CassieQ said:

Glad everyone is safe.  We've gotten just rain so far.

Same here. It's been raining almost nonstop, and there's been a lot of thunder and wind, enough the power has gone out a couple of times, and my tomatoes plants got bent, but nothing severe, other than a lightning strike that was too close for comfort. It blew the electronic ballast box for my UV purification system for my well... $700... :(  

• Wow 1
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

I think I told this story but anyway there was this women who was washing dishes in her kitchen. The lighting struck the water pipe and came in and hit her:yes:

The president of the local telephone had his eardrum ruptured when lightening struck the phone line while he was on the phone.

I remember as a kid if bathtime came and there was rumbling off in the distance we were made to get your butts in, washed and out again pdq. If there was lightening we had to wait until the storm passed to bathe. The fear was lightening could strike and travel through the metal pipes into the bath.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

My head aches horribly and I'm freezing ... the house is not cold,  75/24° but my nose, fingers and toes are ice cold. I'm wearing a sweater and am covered with a blanket.

We had another t-storm with heavy rain pass through in the last hour. The changeable weather is not my friend.

:hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..