Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

7 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

If you concentrate on what you don't have, you'll never have enough

Perfectly true. :yes: 

A similar quote that I've always liked goes along the lines of...

"Enough is essential, but enough is enough."

I'm not 100% sure where it comes from, but think I may have come across it in the book "Small Is Beautiful: A Study of Economics As If People Mattered" - a collection of essays published in 1973 by German-born British economist E. F. Schumacher.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Great song! :thumbup:

One of my younger sisters is called Margaret (usually we just call her Maggie), and she's a huge fan of Rod Stewart. At family get-togethers that song nearly always gets played, and we all join and sing along. She just loves it when we do that. :) 

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Love 4

Way past my bedtime. Good night, all! :hug:

I'll leave you all with this...

I just love one of the tongue-in-cheek comments one person left to it...

"They seem like a nice little country band. Have they recorded anything else?"

:rofl:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Hey, all. I'm tired from doing a lot of tree trimming and weeding today. I was on a ladder for much of the day but I was careful... even tied it at one point. :)  Sweet dreams... I think I'm too tired to write, but I might still try....

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hey, all. I'm tired from doing a lot of tree trimming and weeding today. I was on a ladder for much of the day but I was careful... even tied it at one point. :)  Sweet dreams... I think I'm too tired to write, but I might still try....

Sweet dreams to you, as well, Gary. :hug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

A second tornado warning was posted about 10 minutes ago at 7:55am. Based on radar it seems the threat has passed us by and the rain is visibly greatly diminished though it's still blustery. Sky is brightening.  

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..