Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 hours ago, raven1 said:

The deserts are semi-sweet and sometimes savory using bean curd.)

A cousin of mine brought me some mooncakes from China. I was surprised at the light sweetness of the bean paste. They were tasty.  :)

I've heard some Asian folks say that Western desserts are heavy, cloying, and use too much fat and sugar. After trying a Japanese cheesecake recipe, I can understand why; Asian palates tend to be more sensitive than Westerners, so less sugar is needed. Garlic is another offender, and is rarely, if ever, used in Japanese cuisine.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Health Effects of Japanese Garlic

Garlic is a perennial that originated in central Asia and is now used globally. Its medicinal and culinary benefits have been well known for thousands of years. Japanese garlic is a large variety of garlic with three to seven cloves, sometimes growing as large as elephant garlic. It's pungent and strong, with a pleasant flavor and contains the same general health benefits common to all garlic varieties.

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Was on my lawn tractor when a lightning strike hit about sixty/seventy feet away from me. I was looking right at it when it happened. Scared the hell out of me... drove straight into the barn and over my hose with the blades on. I might have sliced the hose, but at least I'm safe. It is raining like crazy and the boom of thunder is almost continuous... freaky! 

:o damm that was close! The hose can be replaced not you. You and the animals being safe is all that matters :hug:

• Love 5

6 hours ago, Headstall said:

No... seriously, it was dark and cloudy, but the rain came right after that first lightning strike. I'm old but I'm not an idiot. :P  I thought I could beat the rain. :( 

Well, just a bit of a daredevil then:lol:

The closest that happened to me was lightning striking in an empty field right behind my sister’s house.  
That felt like a bomb dropping, and of course the power surge that hit the house took out their alarm system.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hey, B. :hug: That won't do at all. It has to be minimum 70% cacao. 85/90% is better. I buy Lindt.  

Naughty but also helpful :hug:

I will have to visit the supermarket rather than just a grocery shop

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Headstall said:

Was on my lawn tractor when a lightning strike hit about sixty/seventy feet away from me. I was looking right at it when it happened. Scared the hell out of me... drove straight into the barn and over my hose with the blades on. I might have sliced the hose, but at least I'm safe. It is raining like crazy and the boom of thunder is almost continuous... freaky! 

:o wow that was close, bluefish close… stay safe :hug:

• Love 3

9 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hi, Terry. :hug:  I watched a House Hunters episode about Chang Mai. What a beautiful city. It was bigger than I thought. :2thumbs:

Hi Gary :hug: It's the second largest city in Thailand.  It's popular because the climate is much better than Bangkok.  

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..