Open Club  ·  133 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

31 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Good afternoon, Thorn.  :hug:Just a quiet dinner for two this evening. Lemon-butter chicken with risotto, watercress salad, and molten chocolate cake for tonight's menu.  :D

Ooh, sounds so tasty! We have cake, too, but it's just a regular chocolate cake. Bought in a shop. :P 

19 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Getting milder - and I heard the blackbird singing in the dusk on my way home. Melodious and characteristic, as @Thorn Wilde says. :yes:  But I guess it can be annoying at 5 am and right outside your window.

Haven't heard and blackbirds here yet... If the thaw continues I expect we'll get them soonish, though they normally don't really come out until around March here.

17 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

making josh maussaka for dinner tonight

Ooh, also tasty!

We had thai chicken pizza. With pineapple and peanuts. Really special and tasty. :D 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

We had thai chicken pizza. With pineapple and peanuts. Really special and tasty. :D

9a305b925a3158cda33914b608ab46bb.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Ooh, sounds so tasty! We have cake, too, but it's just a regular chocolate cake. Bought in a shop. :P 

Nice. I know a lot of people go out to eat, but it's so much better to stay in and cook dinner for your loved ones. We're going to watch A Little Romance after dinner.  :heart:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

9a305b925a3158cda33914b608ab46bb.jpg

Nice. I know a lot of people go out to eat, but it's so much better to stay in and cook dinner for your loved ones. We're going to watch A Little Romance after dinner.  :heart:

We watched The Expanse. Super romantic, lol! As for pizza... Come at me bro!

5 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

well desert will be of course baklava

Oh, I haven't had baklava in such a long time!!

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

I am Greek, My grandparents owned a Greek restaurant which i inherited. I grew up in the place.

There was this Greek restaurant we always used to go to when I was little. It was called Dionysos. We were there so often they knew us. My parents were very anti-children's menu, so I always got half portions of things from the proper menu. I usually had souvlaki. I also adored Kalamata olives (still do) when I was 4. I was an unusual child, food-wise.

1 minute ago, Randy Wade said:

I have to say I am enjoying Storms.

I'm so glad! :heart: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pineapple

Reveal hidden contents

Does

Reveal hidden contents

NOT

Reveal hidden contents

belong

Reveal hidden contents

On pizza!  -_-

I love romantic movies. I'm such a sappy person.  :*)

Ah, the argument that nobody can ever win, on either side....

Also, sappy's good. I like romances, too. Love watching things that make me cry. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Randy Wade said:

our children's menus are smaller portions and milder but still Greek

And this is the correct way to go about things. Too many restaurants just do hamburgers and sausages and stuff for children's menus. Sets such a bad example. :( I don't think Dionysos had a children's menu... Like it just said, smaller portions of all dishes available or something.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

There was this Greek restaurant we always used to go to when I was little. It was called Dionysos. We were there so often they knew us. My parents were very anti-children's menu, so I always got half portions of things from the proper menu. I usually had souvlaki. I also adored Kalamata olives (still do) when I was 4. I was an unusual child, food-wise.

Heh, I meant this part in general, not specifically relating to Dionysos. Just realised I seemed to be contradicting myself. 😅

• Haha 3
43 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

No, I don't think we do. And it's the first time I've noticed bird song on Valentine's Day, but isn't that supposed to be part of the reason it's special for lovers. Lots of male birds singing "This is my territory and I want sex!' :rofl: 

:rofl:  :yes:  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

We watched The Expanse. Super romantic, lol! As for pizza... Come at me bro!

Oh, I haven't had baklava in such a long time!!

You mean Expanse, the TV series?  Cuz I love that show!!! It's crazy good sci fi. :yes: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..