Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

20 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

I got what you meant I can read between the lines. souvlaki  is great and should always have the olives and sauce! Though traditionally used like a hamburger (fast food)

I just like to be clear... Text based communication can be super confusing, at least to me. I rely so much on visual cues. 😅 And I think it's really important to introduce kids to a diversity of flavours when they're young. You get far fewer fussy eaters that way.

9 minutes ago, Headstall said:

You mean Expanse, the TV series?  Cuz I love that show!!! It's crazy good sci fi. :yes: 

It is! And I love good sci-fi. Tried reading the first book, though, and felt it left something to be desired. I mean, the story is just as good, I just didn't find the writing as engaging as the show. Just my opinion, though.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Headstall said:

You mean Expanse, the TV series?  Cuz I love that show!!! It's crazy good sci fi. :yes: 

I watched 3 or 4 episodes I think on the SyFy website, and that was all that was available and turn never got back to it.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

I watched 3 or 4 episodes I think on the SyFy website, and that was all that was available and turn never got back to it.

It's owned by Amazon now, so we're watching it on Prime. All 3 seasons are available there.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

And this is the correct way to go about things. Too many restaurants just do hamburgers and sausages and stuff for children's menus. Sets such a bad example. :( I don't think Dionysos had a children's menu... Like it just said, smaller portions of all dishes available or something.

There's this place in Petoskey called Mim's "Mediterranean" Grill. I've never been, nor will I ever go there. They have a seafood Gyro (Greek food) named after Neptune (a Roman deity), and another Gyro modeled on a bacon cheeseburger.  :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
43 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

And I think it's really important to introduce kids to a diversity of flavours when they're young. You get far fewer fussy eaters that way.

I never liked the smell of Chinese food as a kid, which is probably why I don't eat very much of it today. Seafood, mushrooms, and olives also get the black ball. Other than that, I'll eat almost anything.

• Haha 4
36 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

Syfy cancelled it after Season 3, but after a big swell of support from fans, Amazon picked it up. :D  Season 4 is premiering soon...

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Syfy cancelled it after Season 3, but after a big swell of support from fans, Amazon picked it up. :D  Season 4 is premiering soon...

We're watching season 3. Boyfriend's seen it before, but it wasn't available anywhere here before last week when it went up on Prime.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

yep but late to sleep.

Just remember to take a big bowl of popcorn along so you don't need to get up in the middle of the movie ... what, ... oh, OH ... sorry, it's been a long time.

• Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Headstall said:

32 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

It's owned by Amazon now, so we're watching it on Prime. All 3 seasons are available there.

Oh I’ll have to go back and check it out.  I think it’s been about 3 years now since I saw it.  But I do have access to Prime, so I can watch it,  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

It is! And I love good sci-fi. Tried reading the first book, though, and felt it left something to be desired. I mean, the story is just as good, I just didn't find the writing as engaging as the show. Just my opinion, though.

Plus, we get to see Steven Strait, Thomas Jane, and Wes Chatham. :)  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..