Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

50 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

We made the coleslaw last night, and I made the tortilla dough this morning. That chocolate grilled cheese sounds interesting. 

It's just a chocolate bar in between the 2 slices of bread ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
12 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Thanks guys. Gonna do that sleeping thing now. Goodnight, all! :hug: :kiss: 

Schlaf gut und süße Träume!

Sleep well, and sweet dreams! :hug: 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, clochette said:

I'm not you Pagey, cooking weird combo -_- :P

I mean, you didn't use anything like creme fraiche or Neufchatel cheese? If there's no cheese, then it's just chocolate melted onto toast. Pain au Chocolate, in other words.   :gikkle:

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
14 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I mean, you didn't use anything like creme fraiche or Neufchatel cheese? If there's no cheese, then it's just chocolate melted onto toast. Pain au Chocolate, in other words.   :gikkle:

Heathen! Grill sandwich is made with pain de mie, pain au chocolat is made with puff pastry!'''''''

And why would anyone put cheese with chocolate?! :pinch: creme fraiche... Okay I could make an exception, kinda... But in the end the chocolate melt and it would just mix weirdly with the creme fraiche

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, clochette said:

And why would anyone put cheese with chocolate?! :pinch: creme fraiche... Okay I could make an exception, kinda... But in the end the chocolate melt and it would just mix weirdly with the creme fraiche

Chocolate by itself would be too sweet, in my opinion. Cream cheese (like Neufchatel, but softer) makes a nice contrast with the tanginess. After dinner, I made a toasted sandwich with cream cheese and chocolate chips. I knew that it would be very creamy, so I added some Provolone cheese to help it stick together without "slippage".  It was very good.  :yes:

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
1 minute ago, clochette said:

Dark. Chocolate. 

Slippages is part of the fun, you get to pick your plate! :P

Semi-sweet chocolate is most commonly used when you want something to melt, such as ice cream topping or biscuits, but I reserve dark chocolate for baking.  :)

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..