Adulting is Hard

I can’t learn a second language. I’ve taken two years each of Spanish and Japanese, plus a year of French, but while I can remember a few words in each of those languages (including counting from 1 to 10), I cannot carry on a conversation in anything but English. I feel pathetic when I communicate in English with people here who speak two or more languages fluently!

On the other hand, people are always surprised that I can (and have) changed a tire on a car. Of course, it’s a useless skill since I haven’t owned a car in a decade (I’d love to, but cannot afford the costs). I don’t know why I look so helpless…
;–)

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i remember looking at the app and i could see southbound but not north. tried everything i could think of to find the northbound buses.

The app I use offers several different pages to use when checking arrival times. One is location-based and tells you about all the buses in the area. This means both directions show up, plus other irrelevant lines as well. Another lets you check just your favorites, so this means you get to see a bunch of stops besides the one you’re at. (There’s also one that lets you search to find a route to your destination.) They all rely on the GPS on the bus functioning, something that isn’t always true. And the predictions will often increase when the bus is delayed for whatever reason.

Supposedly they use the same info as the transit agency’s own electronic arrivals sign, but there’s one line that’s consistently ‘Departing’ a minute or two before it arrives at the stop! But the last time I took a bus, the electronic signs were off and there was a paper sign saying the power was out. That made me wonder who forgot to pay the utility bill – and also seemed to match their maintenance on the buses themselves.
;–)

36 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

So I guess I never learned how to play nice or rather niceties. Some of you know my abrupt side and I can't stop it. I rarely intend to be mean. Just to the point, perhaps.

That helps me to understand one of your characters better…
;–)

My mother made sure that all three of her sons learned how to do at least basic cooking. She was the eldest of five sisters and no brothers who ended up with no daughters. She was a kind of feminist even though she would have rejected the term since she was a religious conservative Republican (she grew up as a Free Methodist).

I’m no gourmet chef, but I keep myself fed without relying on microwaved frozen dinners and takeout.
;–)