2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

🤷‍♀️ Maybe, he needs to step up his game a little. Just saying... 

Well, we shall see what he gets up to going forward... :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
42 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Maybe he needs to pick a side. Any side. Stop trying to have it both ways! (Come out of the closet already!)
;–)

If i had to guess, i would say, that Stravor is OUT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Brayon said:

Stravor is my favorite, followed by Keter. I like those Divine Warriors types. Handsome and Brave.

Have to say, so do I. Stravor just needs to wake up and stop straddling the fence and pick a side. I see him fiercely protecting Keter somewhere down the line. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Have to say, so do I. Stravor just needs to wake up and stop straddling the fence and pick a side. I see him fiercely protecting Keter somewhere down the line. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. 

Stravor will stay on the fence until he feels the time is right. No the protection will come from Keter he will die to keep Stravor alive that is how this story ends. This is my opinion and I will stand by it till the end. 

Edited by rickproehl
Missing word
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Stravor will stay on the fence until he feels the time is right. No the protection will come from Keter he will die to keep Stravor alive that is how this story ends. This is my opinion and I will stand by it till the end. 

No, no, no...

Keter does not die. 

Spoiler

He won’t, right, tim? *fingers and toes crossed* 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But there is something to be said about Hemothracene too. He's brought order to the land, has created stability among the populace of Nabrook, and only wants what is best for his followers. All he asks for in return is a little faith and devotion. Searchers are the ultimate worshipers. They have chosen to serve as the sword of their god. They bring peace and order where they go. A priest's duty is to encourage followers and converts to the religion. A divine warrior's purpose to enforce the will of the god.

(Have I mentioned, I've role-played a lot of Clerics, Specialty Priests, and (Un)Holy Warriors over the years in my D&D games?)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Brayon said:

But there is something to be said about Hemothracene too. He's brought order to the land, has created stability among the populace of Nabrook, and only wants what is best for his followers. All he asks for in return is a little faith and devotion. Searchers are the ultimate worshipers. They have chosen to serve as the sword of their god. They bring peace and order where they go. A priest's duty is to encourage followers and converts to the religion. A divine warrior's purpose to enforce the will of the god.

(Have I mentioned, I've role-played a lot of Clerics, Specialty Priests, and (Un)Holy Warriors over the years in my D&D games?)

But not all GODS  are GOOD some are EVIL. If the searcher was good why do people all ignore them and hide their eyes. Yes the searchers do take care of evil or bad people. The God he serves is evil but this is my opinion. 

Edited by rickproehl
Change word
  • Like 4
  • Site Moderator

The sun rose slowly. Its rays warmed the three as they continued their gentle climb. Once it was at its apex, the travellers stopped to rest and eat. Stravor removed the baskets from the pony, who found a patch of thick grasses to graze.

We all know one of your characters would never ignore a pony’s needs, but it’s nice to see in print they stopped where there was ample food so Shade could forage on his own. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Became fixated with finding an image to represent the Stone Men. Found a couple that might do, imo. This one @Brayon might recognize if the label on the image is correct.

il_fullxfull.1889870054_859f.jpg

And for something a bit more refined, there is this: 

636252743780112834.jpeg

Strangely, I recall an image of stone men - a cartoon, I think - but I haven’t found a reference to it. Hmm...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

The Stone Man drew his sword. “We do know of you, Stravor the Younger. Our orders were to watch for you and bid you pass safely.” The creature’s voice was bass and rumbled out of its mouth like quiet thunder. 

“Good. Then pass we shall.” Stravor turned and began to walk back to Keter and the pony. 

The ground shook as the leader of the two scouts stepped forward. “No, I think not. Hemothracene cannot see everywhere. You two will be tasty and then so will the pony for afters. We’ll enjoy sucking the marrow from its bones.”

Have to say, I do appreciate the Stone Men’s audacity. Ignoring Hemothracene’s will is something most would not do.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Stravor stopped. In front of him he could see Keter’s frightened expression. Behind him came the Stone Men. Their heavy feet causing the ground to quake and cracks to appear in the well-packed track. He watched as the pony shook its head, wheeled away and carried Keter, at a gallop down the mountainside. 

“Run, little one.” Stravor whispered. “Keep the boy safe.”

Now, this could mean two things.

1. Keep Keter safe, because this is not the right place for Keter to die if Stravor is to follow Hemothracene’s orders.

2. Stravor truly wants the boy to be safe meaning he has misgivings regarding Hemothracene’s order to kill Keter or maybe he’s just thinking with his heart and not his head in that particular moment? 

My vote is for number 2. Still, that wouldn’t explain this journey? Stravor must still be conflicted. Is he hoping “lightning will strike” and he’ll have the correct answer as to what is the right thing to do regarding Keter’s life? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Saw this coming. 

“Two choices. Kill me or do not.” Keter sighed as Stravor held him tight. “To kill me will change the world. The light that would have been, will be gone. Hemothracene’s influence will grow stronger and move across the lands. Then darkness and chaos will reign.”

I wonder is Hemothracene’s power and influence is reined in because of Keter's merely being alive? I mean, Keter has done nothing to subvert Hemothracene thus far, so he has not been a threat up until this point. Another hmm... moment. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

“This is how it will be until my duty is finished.” He tied the hands and feet of the boy tightly. “Now, sleep, in silence lest I gag you.”

Aww, Stravor and you were doing so well. Some people you just cannot push because they may go in the wrong direction if frustrated. Looks like Stravor is of that ilk. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1