• Site Moderator

“Damn it, boy.” Stravor pulled him over and on top. 

Keter stared down at the man he loved. He grinned. “Yes, Sir?” 

Holding his boy tightly, Stravor rolled them both over. He stared into Keter’s eyes. “Are you mine?” 

Nodding, the boy held on to his man tightly. Enjoying Stravor’s hardness and the comfort of his strong arms. “I am yours.”

Decision made, I’d say. ;)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

“You believe that I cannot find you, Searcher?” The voice-of-voices filled his head and knocked Stravor to his knees. He clutched at his skull.

Is this real? Is Hemothracene this powerful? Then again, if he was you’d think he’d have berated Stravor long before this moment. 

Maybe,  Stravor’s own mind is at war with itself for going against all that he has known to be true? Still, it’s quite unsettling no matter it’s true source. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

A wave of sadness flowed over him as he strapped the Sword back on. He put out his left arm and leaned against the wall of the washhouse. I will have to make him believe that we go now to the Valley for his purposes.

Back to believing Hemothracene is he? It would seem so, because after that scene in the corpse of trees, it’s difficult to think he is on Keter’s side.

I’d like to think that last line refers to Hemothracene, but right now, that seems impossible. Need something to happen to turn the tide to Keter’s favour. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

Rising to his feet, Stravor added wood to their fire and went to stroke the pony. He leaned on the solid animal. “Would my life were different. That we travelled to a festival or some pleasant thing, eh, horse? See, I have given you a promotion.”

I get it. :gikkle: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator

Keter did not sleep but listened as Stravor spoke to Shade. The boy smiled to himself and gripped his blue amulet. It was all that was left of his people; passed to him from an old woman before …. It glowed gently; the same blue as the edges of the Life Sword. To Keter it brought comfort as he held it. Smiling still, he glanced at the Searcher and snuggled into his blanket to sleep.

Hmm... This is not a coincidence, me thinks. 

Is it possible Hemothracene has somehow corrupted the sword from its true purpose? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

We all know one of your characters would never ignore a pony’s needs, but it’s nice to see in print they stopped where there was ample food so Shade could forage on his own. 

Lol... no sense in being cruel to the beast you depend on.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Strangely, I recall an image of stone men - a cartoon, I think - but I haven’t found a reference to it. Hmm...

Both very cool!!  Thanks for posting them...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

My vote is for number 2. Still, that wouldn’t explain this journey? Stravor must still be conflicted. Is he hoping “lightning will strike” and he’ll have the correct answer as to what is the right thing to do regarding Keter’s life? 

Maybe ...

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I wonder is Hemothracene’s power and influence is reined in because of Keter's merely being alive? I mean, Keter has done nothing to subvert Hemothracene thus far, so he has not been a threat up until this point. Another hmm... moment. 

Perhaps the god can see the future?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I’d like to think that last line refers to Hemothracene, but right now, that seems impossible. Need something to happen to turn the tide to Keter’s favour. 

You will know soon enough ...

• Like 3
  • Love 1