18 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Reader 

what is this new power? Right or wrong you are among friends - FYI tim just spilled the beans they must survive this adventure. Thanks for the hint 

did i?  hmmmm  ... people do survive ... but i'm not telling who... hahaha

• Haha 5
2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim same offer I made Reader I have a red or white bottle of wine I could open and we could talk .    🍷

nope .. hehe but thank you.  There will be more...

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

So many thoughts...

11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

The sword hummed, because it approved Of Stravor’s actions. I knew I didn’t like that sword... 

Okay the humming sword. Isn’t it curious that when it’s Master is at peace, the sword is that beautiful blue? The same blue perhaps, that is the color of the boys’ eyes or the color of the flower that Stravor  just had to pick for Keter. 

Maybe there is a connection there? Keter  def doesn’t realize his influence on Stravor and Stravor’s  emotions.  (love Keter or kill him... be gentle and kind, or push him away)  so maybe through that,  he Keter can somehow influence the Sword and save himself..  he is supposedly a witch after all. (I know it’s a reach) 😏

10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Not sure about the Ones Who Watch - some kind of undead beings controlled by Hemothracene, perhaps? He’s dispatched, and so too they will be? 

As for the Stone Men? A nice big hammer or some type of explosive device or sendind them off a high cliff would make short work of them. ;)

Hehe. Hammer...Thor.. Gods.. okay not that story. Ahem... 

But I had similar thoughts.. Except I thought the Stone Men might be Keter’s people or people like him who H had turned to stone for maybe not giving up the “one who will bring light to the world..”  OR witches he had killed who weren’t the ‘one’ he was searching for.. 

The Ones Who Watch, well I thought them to possibly be other Searchers.  Maybe this is how they end up. Not sure about them. 

While I'm on that.. I think of Keter as a Seer in my head. His talent is fully honed  yet. He saw the horse and knew. He sees things that will happen in his dreams. He also felt Stravor’s emotions, so he is something. Their probably is a better word than Seer.. lol. 

7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

tim 

i just started this chapter but you sly devil I see something the others missed - Searcher - the young - I think the men who watch were at one time Searchers. They failed to do the job and now are forced to watch for all times. This is just my opinion. And “beware of men in sheep’s clothing” this is  pure EVIL posing all wonderful. What better way keep your friends near but keep your enemies closer. 

So far pure enjoyment but I’m at work alas and can’t finish reading . 

That’s a good thought about the Searchers too.  

4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

On the way home on the train, I had a thought about a future power Keter might “develop”, and what he could/would do with said power. Of course, it’s all just conjecture (or wishful thinking) on my part, so Im not going to voice my theory. It’s best to let the story play out and see what happens. It would behoove me to write down this (possibly fanciful) theory lest I forget about it come The End...

Ok @Reader1810 I would say we exchange notes, but as you can see I’d probably lead you out, dancing on a cloud in another dimension. 

It was a short week and we’re still not any closer to next Friday! 

I’ll open a bottle, but not to bribe.  

Ok, as you were. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, rickproehl said:

A vow of silence - I have a bottle of red wine I could open and maybe we could talk? 

Contrary to popular belief - said populars shall remain nameless - I do not imbibe. 0:)

So, sorry, I will not be spilling any secret thoughts. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

still, it would be fun hear about, Reader … right or not... and you never know it maybe useful at another time

4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

this is true

Okay, okay, you win. I’ll spill but when the story is done. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
23 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

So many thoughts...

Okay the humming sword. Isn’t it curious that when it’s Master is at peace, the sword is that beautiful blue? The same blue perhaps, that is the color of the boys’ eyes or the color of the flower that Stravor  just had to pick for Keter. 

Hmm... Hadn’t made that connection, but then , I see Keter as being good and the sword being evil, so....

Maybe there is a connection there? Keter  def doesn’t realize his influence on Stravor and Stravor’s  emotions.  (love Keter or kill him... be gentle and kind, or push him away)  so maybe through that,  he Keter can somehow influence the Sword and save himself..  he is supposedly a witch after all. (I know it’s a reach) 😏

Hehe. Hammer...Thor.. Gods.. okay not that story. Ahem... 

:rofl:

But I had similar thoughts.. Except I thought the Stone Men might be Keter’s people or people like him who H had turned to stone for maybe not giving up the “one who will bring light to the world..”  OR witches he had killed who weren’t the ‘one’ he was searching for..

I have my doubts about the Stone Men, because they were the ones to overrun and pillage Keter’s village. Hard to believe there is any goodness within them. 

The Ones Who Watch, well I thought them to possibly be other Searchers.  Maybe this is how they end up. Not sure about them. 

While I'm on that.. I think of Keter as a Seer in my head. His talent is fully honed  yet. He saw the horse and knew. He sees things that will happen in his dreams. He also felt Stravor’s emotions, so he is something. Their probably is a better word than Seer.. lol. 

:yes: that makes sense

That’s a good thought about the Searchers too.  

Ok @Reader1810 I would say we exchange notes, but as you can see I’d probably lead you out, dancing on a cloud in another dimension. 

Yes, that would be bad, because we might never get to finish the story if we head down that path, don’t you know. :P 

It was a short week and we’re still not any closer to next Friday! 

I’ll open a bottle, but not to bribe.  

Ok, as you were. 

I know, I know. The waiting is sooo hard. :( 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

have my doubts about the Stone Men, because they were the ones to overrun and pillage Keter’s village. Hard to believe there is any goodness within them. 

This is a very important thing that slipped my mind!! So...recalculating..

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

ACCKKK!

it's been so busy today that i haven't had a chance to read anything yet and all y'all have been so chatty!

Sawree, you best get reading so you can catch up. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

Yet Stravor’s father survives to love with his wife.

55 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Hmm... Hadn’t made that connection, but then , I see Keter as being good and the sword being evil, so....

Maybe Keter will somehow purify or destroy the sword through this connection.

Spoiler

If Shade doesn’t do it for him!  ;–)

53 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

So...recalculating..

@Defiance19… is a GPS voice?
;–)

20 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Yet Stravor’s father survives to love with his wife.

Maybe Keter will somehow purify or destroy the sword through this connection.

Reveal hidden contents

If Shade doesn’t do it for him!  ;–)

@Defiance19… is a GPS voice?
;–)

Stravor’s Dad... he is the fly in my ointment. 

I’m all for the self sacrificing horse, but hope it won’t come to that. 

GPS voice? Why not.. would you follow? I could lead you into tempt.... I mean, Oh the places we would go! 😌

Edited by Defiance19
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
13 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i will wait.

Good, because the pertinent details to make my theory(arrgggh) not completely fanciful and impossible have finally started visiting my mind. :P 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

tim and friends 

I finally read this chapter so here are my thoughts. If you notice Stravor is torn between good and evil. Stravor never calls Keter or Shade by there name. They are “things” to him like shoes , socks, pants items to use and when they served there purpose he discards them. Stravor also takes “care” of his things with comfort features, oats for Shade, Shoes, warm clothes keeping Keter cleaned, making sure Keter feet are ok and he will apply medicine and ointment so Keter will get better. So even outward Stravor will not show this feeling for them those feeling are still there.

The last thought on this chapter is that Keter has not put a “spell” over Stravor it’s if you remember every time Stravor uses his Sword he gets a part of the “soul” of the person killed.  If you remember Stravor captured a witch so part of what he received was the ability to “mindspeak” with another witch so if you believe what Hemothracene stated about Keter being a witch then this is what is happening. 

So final thoughts this is a well thought out story and I can’t wait until chapter 4. tim, my friend, great story and keep up the great work. Your loyal fans enjoy the tale you are telling.

• Like 4
  • Love 1