[dkstories] Which story do you like more?

Favorite Story  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which current story is your favorite:

• Dreams of Humanity
    • The Bully
    • Service: Vampire Jarred II
  2. 2. Which current story is your second favorite:

• Dreams of Humanity
    • The Bully
    • Service: Vampire Jarred II

For the last two weeks, I've taken a break from my current stories and gone back to work on a story I've been waiting for ten years to write. So, when I go back to writing the current stories I've been working on, I want the readers to pick which I work on first...and I wanted to know which people like more...from the number of views, I think far more people like the Bully than Dreams, so I have to wonder if I'm wasting my time on Dreams...but let's see...

For the last two weeks, I've taken a break from my current stories and gone back to work on a story I've been waiting for ten years to write. So, when I go back to writing the current stories I've been working on, I want the readers to pick which I work on first...and I wanted to know which people like more...from the number of views, I think far more people like the Bully than Dreams, so I have to wonder if I'm wasting my time on Dreams...but let's see...

My own hunch is that Sci fi has a narrower audience, but a more dedicated one. My own pics were Dreams first and Bully second, but that is because I am truly hooked by Dreams. Don't get me wrong, I love "the Bully", but Dreams just really appeals to a sci-fi lover like me.

For me, DOH and Bully are a bit like an 8-course Chinese banquet and a big serving of tiramisu. Bite for bite, I prefer tiramisu but...

OK, the analogy goes only so far. I've put off my banquet, but unlike Chinese food, DOH doesn't spoil. I'll get back to it!

However, since you asked which one to work on first, taking the respective backlogs into account, I voted "Bully".

DOH without a doubt, I'm enjoying DOH as much as DO at the moment, and I just can't say that about Bully, Bully is good, but it just doesn't have the same impact nor appeal.

I think you'll find that Bully has broader appeal, however Bully has a tried and proven formula of teen angst, homophobic situation and working out ones feelings towards someone else, which is why it'll have broader appeal. I tend to find that a teen angsty/coming out story has to be really something special to hold my attention and while I'll read and enjoy Bully it just doesn't do that for me.

DOH does hold my attention, because as with most Sci-Fi stories it has far more possibilities, twists and turns as well as different structures that come with being able to create ones own world, though the same can be said for Fantasy. The things I think Dan does best is create the twists and turns as well as having a masterful skill when creating battle scenes, and they are two of the things missing from Bully.

To me DO did the whole angst thing better than Bully, which is one of the reasons DO was so good, it had the twist and turns and battles, yet got the angst and coming out story packed in with it.

I'm hoping Dan's next major story will be a Fantasy novel ;):P:huh:

Hey everybody !

I suppose DK will find the results of the pool interesting.

But IMO, I would like to know which is the answer of DK himself :blink:

It seems to me that which he likes the most is the story on which he works now !

But how would be the results of a pool with all the stories written by him ? I dont want to start such a pool, it's up to him.

IMPOV, the DO series would be well ranked !

Old bob