Jump to content
    edmontongreg
  • Author
  • 467 Words
  • 3,068 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You'd Have to Ask - 11. Chapter 11

Back to Lacombe

Cole is up early Sunday. He takes a shower and packs. He checks out and outs his stuff in the truck. Cole drives over to Denny’s.

He eats an omelette and tries to do the crossword puzzle in the back of the tabloid. When he has had enough coffee, he gets up to leave. As he is paying at the cashier he notices the same two cops as yesterday coming in. The one that was at the bar nods to him his partner says “Hey Lacombe, you off?”

“Yeah, I figure I’d get out of town before the highway gets stupid”

“Well then we’ll see ya” Cole gives Walsh a slight nod.

“Same here” Cole is tongue-tied and he can’t help but feel that this is a pissing contest. The guy makes Cole feel like he has violated his space.

Cole goes round the back of the restaurant and gets in his truck. He pops in David Gray’s “White Ladder” CD and heads out of town.

The highway was really busy and he is worn out by the time he gets home. Cole unpacks his stuff and checks the phone for messages. Two calls from Mark and one from Kat. Cole calls Mark first but there is no answer. He probably wanted to go running or something.

Cole dials Kat’s number.

“Hey there, how was the trip?” Kat says.

“It was great, I met a friend of yours.”

“Mike, I can’t believe it. How is he doing?” Kat asks.

“Well he is good, we hung out for awhile”

Kat knows better than to delve any further. Cole doesn’t like to talk about conquests.

“I am on nights this week, starting tonight. When can we get together?” Cole asks.

“I am free most every night. I should come see how the place is doing” Kat says.

Cole groans, “The place is probably the same as the last time you were here. I haven’t had much time to work on it”

“No problem Cole, but you had better start soon. You have invested so much time.”

“Yeah, I know. What I think I need is someone to come out here and make me do it”
Cole laughs. It feels great to have a friend he can share anything with.
“Well I’ll call, what time are you up?”

“Usually crawl out of bed about 16:00, why don’t you just come out and get me up,” Cole says.

“Could be done” Kat laughs.

“Well I’ll talk to you later, gonna have a nap now”

“Have a good night Cole” Kat says as she hangs up.

Cole strips off his clothes and lays down for a nap. Nights are the one shift he has trouble adapting to. But they are by far the busiest. Human nature he guesses.

Copyright © 2011 edmontongreg; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..