Jump to content
    edmontongreg
  • Author
  • 680 Words
  • 1,040 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You'd Have to Ask - 2. Chapter 2

Bookstore and a Haircut

It takes Cole twenty minutes to get to a large bookstore. He knows this one has a good reference section. Walking around he finally finds the Gay section and he looks around and sees there is no one nearby. He scans the titles and grabs a book called “Finding Love in a Man Eat Man World.” He reads the back of the book quickly and sees it addresses a lot of issues not just coming out. On the way to the cashier he also grabs a couple of other books, one by Carl Hiassen the other by James W. Hall. He really enjoys their novels.

Nothing happens as he pays for the books. He feels relieved as he walks out of the store and heads down to a coffee shop and gets a coffee and bagel. Cole sits down and starts to read the book.

After about an hour, he decides to leave. He has covered a lot of material, but it seems to be written for someone else, not him. Frustrated, he puts his fingers through his hair, this reminds him about the haircut.

He drives back to Lacombe and parks on the street close to the hair salon. Cole enters the salon and is greeted at the door by the receptionist.

“May I help you?” the woman asks, Cole notices that she is checking him out.

“Is Kat going to be able to fit me in today?” He asks, “I just need a trim”

The woman reviews Kat’s column in the appointment book. “I’ll ask as she doesn’t appear to have any free time”.

The woman gets up and goes to Kat’s station. Kat looks towards the front of the salon and waves.

“She will see you when she is finished with her current client” The woman says. “Is there anything I can get you? A coffee? Coke?”

“No thanks, I am OK, I just came from a coffee shop” Cole smiles at her. He then turns to find a place to sit. Cole continues reading the book.

Shortly, Kat is beside him. “Come on Stud, you’re up”

Cole follows Kat back to her station. She takes the book from him and puts it on the counter. She checks out the name of the book “Homework?”

Cole has known Katalin since she moved to town. She has been cutting his hair for over five years. She also provides other services for Cole. Cole has no secrets from Kat, which is why he brought the book with him.

Kat takes him down to the wash area, gets his head wet and then gives one of her patented scalp massages. Cole really enjoys this, it is one of the things that keeps him coming back to Kat for his haircuts.

“So, what’s up Cole?” Kat asks.

“Questioning some things, that’s all” Cole says.

“Well I think that book is deals more with answering than questioning!”

“You’re right, as usual” Cole grins; he can’t believe how relaxed this woman makes him feel.

“What are you doing later? I think we need to talk” Kat says as she starts to trim his hair. Cole likes it short so she gets to see him about every ten days, but she does wish he would learn how to use a phone, like the rest of the world.

“Well I am going to Mark’s for supper, prob be free about tenish, how about then?”

“That’s a date!” Kat says with a grin, “My place or the bar?”

“I think I’ll meet you at your place, if that’s OK?”

“Sure is.” Kat knows she will find out everything if he comes to her place.

Kat finishes up his hair. She asks about work and he tells her the usual stuff. Nothing she can’t read in a newspaper.

“Done” Kat says.

Cole stands, reaches in his pocket and pulls out a twenty. He gives it to her.

“Cole, you know you don’t have to pay” Kat says, but she gives in easily, they go through this routine every time he pays her.

Copyright © 2011 edmontongreg; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..