Jump to content
    edmontongreg
  • Author
  • 1,435 Words
  • 880 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You'd Have to Ask - 18. Chapter 18

Kat’s Place

Cole races up the stairs after she buzzes him in. He knocks on the door and hears her yell to come in.

Kat is not alone, his partner, Kelly is there. This catches Cole off guard and it shows on his face.

“Kat Kelly” he says as he nods to the two women. Cole’s mind races to figure out what is going on.

“Hey Cole!” Kelly says, “I guess Lacombe is a small town, I live in the same building as Kat.”

“Real fucking small town” He says to himself.

“Yeah” Kat smiles, “We met in the Laundry Room and found out we knew someone n common. So I invited Kelly up for coffee, want some?”

“Err yeah.” Cole says as he takes his shoes off and heads to a vacant seat in the living room. He checks out Kelly she is wearing sweat pants and an oversized t-shirt. Kat is dressed almost the same. He tries to figure out if the chance meeting was all that occurred. It would take a load off his mind if Kelly were gay too. But somehow he senses that is not the case.

“So how are the days off going, productive?” Kelly asks. She checks out Cole, his hair is still wet from the gym. He is wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket. She can see a faint glow on his face probably the result of strenuous exercise.

“Yeah actually” He says and then smiling “Lance and I finished off the deck yesterday.”
He says it loud enough so that Kat can hear.

Kat re-enters the living room and puts the coffee down in front of Cole, “That’s great!”
She says as she stands beside him and indicates she wants a hug.

Cole hugs her a little firmer than he normally would. He hopes that Kat notices and gets the message.

It’s not Kat that speaks though, it’s Kelly, “and well I suppose I should get ready if I am going to hit Calgary tonight.” Kelly stands and starts heading to the door.

“Hey you don’t have to leave on my account.” Cole says smiling.

“Kelly come on and stay for at least another coffee.” Kat says her eyes still checking out the woman.

Kelly looks at Cole with his stupid grin and Kat checking her out. “I don’t think I am ready for this. “ she says to herself “as attractive as I find Cole I don’t want to be part of a threesome.”

“If I sit around and have more coffee I won’t be getting to Calgary.” Kelly says. “Besides I’ll have to use every rest stop on the way!”

“Have a safe trip Kelly” Cole says.

“I will and thanks for the coffee Kat.”

“Anytime Kelly.”

The door closes and Cole hears hall door close as Kelly heads to the stairs.

Both start laughing.

“I don’t know if that was such a good idea, she is my partner!” Cole exclaims.

“Relax, it takes suspicion of the other thing away.” Kat laughs.

“For a minute there I actually thought she was gonna stay!”

“Well she likes you a lot Cole.”

“I guess I was the topic of conversation then.”

“Amongst other things.” Kat says, “What was with that hug? I could feel your manhood!”

“Sit down, I have news.” Cole tells her.

Kat sits down she notices his tone has got serious.

Cole sits down next to her on the couch. “I came out to my Dad today.”

“Cole, that’s, that’s. Geez I don’t know what to say.”

“That’s ok, just being with someone is helpful.”

“So how did he take it?”

“Not well, especially when I started crying.” Cole says his eyes start to moisten again.

“Well you men! Uncomfortable when another human being shows emotion!” Kat says as she grabs a tissue and gives it to Cole.

“Thanks” Cole is more relaxed letting the tears flow around Kat, but he still doesn’t like it.
“So how do you feel?”

“Well, so much has happened since I feel like I am on a roller coaster!”

“How do you mean?”

He describes his activities since he told his Dad. The covered the full range of emotions.

“None of them was really a surprise except for the last one.” He says as he recalled his shock at seeing Kelly here.

“Yeah, well I think she was on a fishing trip.” Kat says, “When she found out who I was she almost begged to come for coffee.”

“Well she is a good cop and I guess it goes with the territory.” Cole says, “Did she bring up the guy we arrested the other night?”

“Yeah, she said you kind of acted strange after being alone with him.”

Cole explains what happened. “That scene was a major factor in coming out to my Dad.”

“Why is that?”

“He had me by the balls Kat and I think he was trying to use it to get off.” Cole says and then adds,” I was lucky that he saw Mike and I at Denny’s, if he’d seen me a The Hawk I’d have been royally fucked!”

Kat hugs him some more she has never seen Cole so defenceless.

“I guess the other thing is finally taken care of” Kat says, “I hope you came out to Lance. That boy has been bugging me ever since he found that book in your truck.”

“I guess I owe you for that too!”

“Owe me?” Kat asks, “I like the sound of this a cop that owes me favours.”

Cole doesn’t answer he knows he can trust Kat to defend his back. He knows that that is what friends are for. Kat has proven herself to be the best friend a guy can have.

“So after all that, how do you feel now?”

“I feel like I have been hiding for a long time and now I am finally showing my face.” Cole says, “I know there are better metaphors but I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my back.”

“It has Cole and you will feel more comfortable with yourself as time goes on.”

“So what is on the menu now.”
“I guess I am going to make a trip to Edmonton.” Cole says with a smirk.

“Feeling that good, eh?”

“Well you know how it is, I have to celebrate my new found freedom!”

“Boys will be boys! Does your dick have to be involved in every celebration?”

Cole looks down at his crotch he can feel it starting to thicken. “Yup!”

Kat looks there too and punches his in the arm “You pig!”

“You know me too well!”

“It’s not just that though, I need some time away to get comfortable.”

“I understand, this town may be too small for you now.” Kat says, “I’d ask if you wanted to go to Calgary, but….”

“I have done enough coming out today.” Cole says, “My luck she’d being hanging out with friends at the Eagle there.”

“The next part is going to be fun. Cops rely on their partners for backup, their record in backing up gay cops is not that good.”

“You got that.” Cole says, “In my mind I have done an informal survey and Mark is the only guy that I think will stand behind me.”

“People may surprise you!”

“You are right, but I don’t think I want to test the water right now, at least not that water.” Cole says with a grin.

“Hey is there something you are keeping from me?”

“Well, maybe.”

“A guy you met?”

“Uh huh.”

“Great, well I think you should get your ass up there and explore the possibilities!” Kat says, “Unlike you I am heading to Calgary, there is a beer with my name on it waiting at Moneypenny’s.”

“You go girl!” Cole laughs as he gets up.

“So I guess you are off, eh?”
“Yup, we both have places to go, people to see. Thanks for the coffee” Cole says as he puts his shoes on.

“Be safe Cole.”

Cole smiles at her and pulls Kat towards him as they embrace tightly.

A quick peck on the cheek and Cole is out the door. When he gets to the truck he notices Kelly is pulling away in her car. She bangs the horn and waves as she passes. Cole waves back.

Cole winds up behind Kelly on the way to his house. He breathes a sigh of relief when she takes the south on-ramp to Highway 2.

Getting back to his place he packs a bag and then hits the road.

Copyright © 2011 edmontongreg; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..