Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 200 Words
  • 1,856 Views
  • 34 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Headstall's Poetry Prompts - 5. Chapter 5 Cyber Friends

Inspired by a poetry prompt, but got sidetracked.
This is a tribute to what GA has given me...
My friends.

Headstall’s Poetry Prompts

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

Cyber Friends

 

 

Across oceans, deserts, mountains, or then again, right next door

Ideas dance wildly, as we all trade our lore

Do I really know you? It feels like I do

Your thoughts coalesce with mine and become something new

There’s a feeling of commonality that’s hard to ignore

We mix up our mojos and turn solitude into more

I don’t know your faces, but I can feel your smiles

And when that occurs, who cares about miles

That is me, that signal magic-moving through the air

Thriving on friendships I can feel everywhere

These friends have no visage, no countenance I can see

But the connection feels as real as any connection can be

We share our lives with those that we care for

It’s of no consequence they can’t walk through our door

I feel a great peace, when I slumber at night

I have my global family, and it feels nothing but right

So good night all my friends, wherever you are

Maybe if we each make a wish, we can look to our skies and see the same star

This one came out of the blue... from my heart.
Copyright © 2015 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



On 08/19/2015 05:43 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

That was really sweet Gary :hug: (and yes, I am going to review every single chapter that you have posted :thumbup: )

Thank you, Drew... I appreciate you reviewing this... my GA friends have become priceless to me... and I do believe you... LOL... cheers... Gary

Link to comment

That was a really sweet poem and it's so true how sometime we bond with people we might never meet but creat friendships so strong the distance doesn't matter anymore :)

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 06:03 AM, clochette said:

That was a really sweet poem and it's so true how sometime we bond with people we might never meet but creat friendships so strong the distance doesn't matter anymore :)

Exactly, clochette. We all came here for the love of reading, but we have gained so much more. Thanks for the review... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 06:40 AM, Puppilull said:

You put words to my feelings so very accurately and beautifully!

Thanks, Puppilull. Like you, I am finding poetry as a unique and wonderful way to say what you feel or express your mood. Thanks for the kind words... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Of all the time to be out of Likes.....

 

Gary, that was beautiful. :hug:
You put into words what we have all thought, but didn't know how to express.
Thank you for being you - and that goes for everybody else too! :)

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 07:30 AM, Reader1810 said:

Of all the time to be out of Likes.....

 

Gary, that was beautiful. :hug:

You put into words what we have all thought, but didn't know how to express.

Thank you for being you - and that goes for everybody else too! :)

What a nice thing to say. Thank you, Reader. There is a certain freedom in writing, and I feel it more and more. I have always been a talker/communicator but writing adds a different element. Your thoughts, when written, stay expressed, and that makes them more special. I'm just glad some people like to read them lol. I so appreciate the sentiment and the review... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

GA is truly a global community and I count many here as true friends, even if we never meet in person. Your poem captured that sentiment quite nicely. :hug:

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 07:58 AM, Valkyrie said:

GA is truly a global community and I count many here as true friends, even if we never meet in person. Your poem captured that sentiment quite nicely. :hug:

Thank you, Val. Me too. I have made some incredible friends on GA... I love this place... it feels like home. Thank you for the kind review, and for all the support you gave me when I first took the plunge. You are awesome...cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

I'm not a poet, so I'm glad you found the words to express what I've been feeling for the past week...losing Bortai unexpectedly was tempered by the caring concern of my GA friends...there aren't words to express what that means to me, but you found some that work pretty well.
Hugs and good vibes, my dear friend. xoxo

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 08:26 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

I'm not a poet, so I'm glad you found the words to express what I've been feeling for the past week...losing Bortai unexpectedly was tempered by the caring concern of my GA friends...there aren't words to express what that means to me, but you found some that work pretty well.

Hugs and good vibes, my dear friend. xoxo

You are one of the main reasons I wrote this, Buddy. I'm really pleased that you liked it. I have to say, I love poetry... thanks for the kind words... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 09:35 AM, Defiance19 said:

Beautifully said, Gary, and perfectly true!

Thanks, Def. I appreciate that. Thank you for reviewing...cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

Wow, it's pretty obvious that you've put words to what so many of us feel. Thanks for expressing those sentiments for us.

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 10:25 AM, dughlas said:

Wow, it's pretty obvious that you've put words to what so many of us feel. Thanks for expressing those sentiments for us.

thanks, dugh... I've felt this way for a long time and it's obvious we all do... I would never have thought that cyber friendships could be so real and mean so much... poetry gives me a chance to express that... I'm glad you liked it... cheers, my friend... Gary...

Link to comment

I think we all agree that you have put into words the feelings we all have. The family and friends we have here can be as important to many of us as those we were born to.

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 12:12 PM, Bucket1 said:

:hug:

Thanks, Bucket... it is for all of us... a group of real friends... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 12:14 PM, EagleIsaac said:

I think we all agree that you have put into words the feelings we all have. The family and friends we have here can be as important to many of us as those we were born to.

Exactly right. I never would have believed it a few years ago, but I have experienced it on GA... and it's real... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

:hug: that was beautiful Gary! I agree wholeheartedly. I smile with, cry with, worry about, commiserate with, cheer for and rejoice with many wonderful people here. That sounds like friendship to me. Thank you for knowing how to put those feelings into words. You do have a gift

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 12:30 PM, LitLover said:

:hug: that was beautiful Gary! I agree wholeheartedly. I smile with, cry with, worry about, commiserate with, cheer for and rejoice with many wonderful people here. That sounds like friendship to me. Thank you for knowing how to put those feelings into words. You do have a gift

Thanks, Lit. Your review sounds rather poetic to me... maybe you should expand on your own gift :) . What you speak of is undeniably friendship, and like you, I feel it present with me everyday. I have a GA family that means so much to me. I'm glad you appreciated the words... cheers, my friend... Gary...

Link to comment

Absolutely beautiful Gary.

 

Friends - whether they are online, or next door - are the family we choose.

 

:kiss: and :hug: and :heart: from the UK, across the miles ;)

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 08:44 PM, Caz Pedroso said:

Absolutely beautiful Gary.

 

Friends - whether they are online, or next door - are the family we choose.

 

:kiss: and :hug: and :heart: from the UK, across the miles ;)

Thank you, Caz. Well said. I woke up this morning wondering what my friends were up to... and all I had to do was open my laptop to find out :) . Hugs and kisses back...cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..