Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,962 Words
  • 6,054 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Morgan Lore - 31. Chapter 31

Amore Consumato

Vibrating with excitement, Milan stood in the bathroom brushing his hair. He swept fingers through the soft mass when he was done and wondered if he shouldn’t get a cut. It had grown longer. A gift from the change, he thought. Dropping the brush into its holder on the bathroom counter, he pinched his cheeks and smiled at the red flush there. He was no longer pale and sickish. He took that as a serious accomplishment.

Milan left the bathroom and was in the closet getting dressed when he heard the Skype ringtone. Pulling on his white One Ok Rock t-shirt, he rushed to the bed and his laptop to answer the call. He smiled wide when he saw Ilaria’s face fill the screen.

Buona sera, Cucciolito,” Ilaria greeted. Come va?”

“It’s going well,” Milan said, happy to see her. “How is Papa?”

“Better. Much better,” Ilaria said. “Ayu is with him now. He is saying goodbye as he prepares for his flight back to you.”

“Ah,” Milan settled on the bed, adjusting his t-shirt. “You look happier, not as worried.”

Ilaria nodded, her dark hair moving around her like silk water. Her face looked bright; her eyes rested, no more shadows, even though it was one o’clock at night in Turin.

Mi spiace, Milan,” Ilaria said. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“Acting like a crazy woman the last few days,” Ilaria said. “I—”

She broke off for a minute as though thinking hard, and then continued.

“It wasn’t easy seeing your Papa so ill. It’s the first time for all of us to see him like that. He has been a rock for me…and to see him down…I-I just wanted to get my family away from there. I know I was unreasonable, but—”

“I understand,” Milan cut in, hating the contrite look on his mother’s face.

He understood her perfectly. One might not think it, but Kiyo was Ilaria’s pillar. The reason she stayed strong for him, for Ayu. Without him…well, the breakdown at the hospital was a clue as to what would happen next.

“It was a lot to happen to all of us,” Milan continued. “A lot to take in, I’m still processing it too.”

This was the best he could give her. He had hated disliking her for wanting to pull him away from Rory. Ilaria had given him a gift with the extraordinary efforts she put forth to take care of him. She was such a mother, that he sometimes forgot she was human. She made mistakes.

She always forgave his. Now, it was his turn.

Ti amo, Milan,” Ilaria said, as though reading his thoughts. “You must never forget that. No matter what shape you take, who you love, what you love, what you want to do, why, when, all of it. You remain mine, il mio bambino. I will love you a lifetime and more. You understand?”

Milan smiled.

“I love you too, Mamma.”

Ilaria let out a relieved sigh and tried for a smile. “Let’s not be on opposite ends ever again. It hurts too much.”

“Yes, Mamma, for me too.”

Tears slid down Ilaria’s cheeks and Milan wished he could hug her through the screen.

“Oh, Mamma, don’t start crying,” Milan begged when she sniffled.

Ilaria reached for a tissue from a box next to her, and wiped her eyes.

“You’re turning into a crybaby,” Milan teased her when she blew her nose.

“Don’t make fun of your Mamma,” Ilaria said, pressing the tissue to the corner of her eye. “Is Rory’s family treating you okay? Have you checked the bag I gave you? I left money there to spend in a wallet. Tell me if it runs out. I will talk to Rory’s dad about groceries and all other needs.”

“Rory’s family is very good to me,” Milan said, knowing it was useless to talk her out of calling Connor Morgan.

“How is school?”

“I’ll start again on Monday,” Milan said. “It felt like the best thing to do. A friend is bringing me work from my classes. I’ve made up most of it.”

Va bene. I trust your judgment on that,” Ilaria said, and then she launched into telling him all the gossip from their neighbors in Turin.

She talked for thirty minutes straight, until he had to stop her, as he needed to finish preparing for his date with Rory.

“Where is Rory?” Ilaria asked.

“We’re going on a date,” Milan said, with a wide grin. “He wants to pick me up, so he went to prepare in his old room.”

“Oh, you’re wearing the t-shirt?” Ilaria asked, frowning at him. Cucciolo, stand so that I see what you’re wearing.”

“He said it was casual,” Milan said, getting off the bed, turning the laptop so his mother could see his black jeans and white t-shirt. “This is good enough.”

“What are you wearing on top?”

“The blazer you had that tailor in Florence make me,” Milan said.

Si, si, that will work,” Ilaria snapped her fingers. “Dress shoes?”

“No way, my converse shoes will work.”

Ilaria smiled.

“Then, I want pictures. Make sure you send them to me.”

Milan agreed, promising to get Rory’s picture too.

“I have to go now,” Milan said, when he looked at the time. “Rory is almost here.”

Ilaria was reluctant to let him go.

“Your brother is leaving on the four a.m. flight. I’ll drive him to the airport. You and Rory can pick him up when he lands. Yes?”

“Okay, text me his flight details,” Milan said. “Oh, I wanted to talk to Papa too.”

“You can talk to Papa tomorrow when I call again. You tell me when you’re not busy. It doesn’t matter how late, I’ll answer.”

“I will let you know, Mamma,” Milan blew her kisses. “I have to go now. Kiss Papa for me.”

“Okay, okay.”

Milan grinned because Ilaria kept looking at him. He reached out and ended the call afraid she might talk to him all night, if allowed. Happy to have cleared the air with her, Milan went to get the dark blazer she bought him, and wore it over his t-shirt. Adjusting the belt on his jeans, he wore socks and jammed his feet into his converse shoes.

He was adjusting the laces when Maryanne came into the bedroom.

“Oh, Milan,” she said, her voice in a singsong. “Your date is downstairs. He is breaking hearts looking insanely sexy. You’re lucky he’s your mate. Otherwise, all the chicks in the back offices will swarm him. I have Topher and even I’m tempted to have a bite of him.”

“Maryanne,” Milan chided.

“What?” Maryanne went to the windows that showed off the front yard and pulled back the curtains. “Look at that guy.”

Milan hurried to stand beside her, leaning on the wall when he saw Rory standing by his red mustang, looking sexy as sin. Who knew black would look so good on him? Rory wore a black jacket over a black tee and black fitting jeans and his feet in sexy black boots.

As though sensing Milan’s gaze on him, he pushed off the car, and looked up to the window, meeting Milan’s gaze.

Milan took in air unable to believe Rory was his for good. It still felt like a dream, and he was going to wake up and find himself stuck in a bed hyped up on damn good meds.

Maryanne patted his shoulder proving his idea wrong. The surprise of this being reality had his heart beating on a rampage again. Maryanne turned him away from the window.

“Go on,” she said, pushing him to the door. “He’s been waiting for you forever, Little Alpha.”

Milan left their bedroom and ran down the stairs, opening the front door with his heart pounding in his chest. He gasped when he found Rory waiting at the doorstep. He flung himself into Rory’s arms as though they hadn’t spent the afternoon together.

Rory kissed him, holding him close.

“Hey, you,” Milan breathed, when they broke their kiss.

“You look delicious, smell even better,” Rory said, squeezing him tighter.

“You look real good too,” Milan said, reaching up to caress Rory’s clean-shaven jaw.

Rory took Milan’s hand and led him to the car, opening the passenger side for Milan. He waited until Milan settled to close the door, and then jogged around to the driver’s side. Once inside, Rory started the engine and they headed out.

“Where are we going?”

“To have fun,” Rory promised. “There’s more to this place than cold you know.”

“So, you won’t tell me what we’re doing tonight?”

“Nope.”

Rory flashed him a grin.

“Okay,” Milan said.

“Did you have a nice talk with Mamma?” Rory asked.

Milan glanced at Rory, not surprised his mate would know about his call with Ilaria. Rory felt more than he did in their shared bond. Milan knew he wasn’t reaching in as much, knew if he wanted, he could discover all there was about Rory through their bond.

Yet, he was holding back, unable to delve into Rory’s personal space. Rory knew it too. It hurt Rory that Milan dared not venture deeper. Milan felt that much. Still, he kept his distance. He didn’t know what he was waiting for. Permission or a—, he couldn’t describe it.

“Yes,” Milan answered Rory about Ilaria. “She looked happier. She’s had time to think, said she was sorry for trying to make me move back to Italy. You know, I thought I would be sad having her so far away, but it feels nice somehow. I think we needed time apart. Does that make me a bad child?”

“No, it doesn’t,” Rory said. “If you want we can visit them before they come back during spring break. You can show me that cathedral you said you’re named after.”

Milan laughed.

“I was named after the city, not the cathedral.”

“Yeah, the cathedral has your name too.”

“A lot of buildings end up having my name. There are even cookies with my name. I don’t know whether I should complain that I came first, or they should complain that I took their name.”

Rory chuckled.

“It doesn’t matter because you’re the only Milan to me.”

“That one’s too sweet,” Milan said, shifting in his seat to study Rory. “How long have we known each other?”

“A lifetime,” Rory stated with a straight face.

Milan laughed again.

“Doesn’t it feel that way?”

“It does,” Milan agreed. “When I read books and the characters end up together too fast, I always think the writer is being unrealistic. No one gets together that fast. I thought it was a fantasy since all I ever got were people staying away from me.”

Milan’s gaze dropped to where Rory held his hand.

“Now—”

“Now?”

“We’re the cliché, and I don’t care,” Milan said.

“Actually, we’re not,” Rory said. “Maryanne and Topher are the cliché. Nisin and Jack are the norm. We’re not.”

“Why not? We’ve known each other for two months, barely and we’re attached for life.”

“My people mate within hours of meeting each other,” Rory stated.

“What?” Milan sat straight in his seat. “No way that’s Nisin and Jack. Nisin is complicated. Jack wouldn’t have it easy with him.”

Rory grinned.

“Fortunately, Jack is more straightforward than me. And, he didn’t have to deal with meddling parents. He and Nisin are a couple. Jack insisted on telling him everything the first night they met. When Jack heard your change was complete, he took Nisin to the Swamp Lands. They talked it over with Grandma Asta. Nisin’s conversion is set for some time next week. Johan and Elle wouldn’t let Jack do anything until the people in the swamp lands join the town.”

“So, where is Nisin now?”

“Jack took him to his house. It’s been days since anyone saw Nisin. Jack is being very protective of him.”

“Aren’t you worried about Nisin?” Milan asked, concerned. “Shouldn’t you send people to check on him? We should drive to Jack’s place.”

“Milan. Don’t meddle in private matters. Nisin is Jack’s mate. I disliked your father very much when he tried to stop me from seeing you. I argued with your mother when she tried to take you away. Let’s not play that role with Jack. He is the best person for Nisin right now.”

“But—,”

Milan broke off and stared at Rory, and then he sighed and leaned against the door.

“You’re right. I just feel bad that I haven’t stopped to think about Nisin since that day Rick attacked. I mean my father just disappeared on him. He must be going through so much. I—and his Papa is also in trouble.”

“He has Jack. Believe me. He’s in the best hands possible. Jack won’t let anything happen to him. Do you trust me?”

“Yes.”

“Then believe me when I saw Nisin is fine.”

Rory slowed down the car.

Milan looked out to see where they were. Rory turned into a short drive that led into a parking lot full of cars. An attendant helped them find a parking spot close to the entrance. Rory turned off the car, and sat looking at the lighted gardens ahead.

“Where are we?”

“The Rose Restaurant,” Rory said. “It’s run by Rowen’s mom. Topher’s sister has a band. They usually play here on Fridays. She gave me tickets yesterday.

“It’s a pretty place.”

Milan undid his seatbelt and started to open his door.

“Wait,” Rory said, opening his door and getting out.

Milan watched Rory hurry around the front and come around to his side. Rory opened Milan’s door and Milan came out with a smile. He waited as Rory locked the car, and then they headed into the restaurant together.

Their table was in a corner by the windows, set for two, private and with a great view of the stage. Milan removed his jacket and placed it on the back of his chair. He adjusted the amulet on his neck as he sat down and smiled at Rory who watched him.

“What?”

“I’ve dreamt of this moment so long,” Rory said, his smile infectious. “I can’t believe you’re out with me. I’m just enjoying it.”

“You’re Alpha of an entire town. I’m the one who is supposed to say that,” Milan said, looking to the stage, where the band played a perfect rendition of Icecream by Sarah McLachlan.

Ilaria liked her music; as a result, Milan now knew all McLachlan music. The singer had a great voice, soulful, as she perched on a stool, beautiful in peach.

“The band’s great.”

“Jade will like you then,” Rory said. “She thinks Topher and I don’t care.”

“I doubt that,” Milan said, picking up the menu, and reading it.

He couldn’t remember the last time he sat in a restaurant to order food. He was too young when he first got sick. After that, there was no eating out anymore. He glanced at Rory over his menu. This milestone was also thanks to Rory.

“What’s good here?” Milan asked.

“The short ribs,” Rory said, pushing his menu to the side.

Milan did the same and rested his elbows on the table, meeting Rory’s amused gaze.

“Order for me,” Milan said. “I’ll eat what you have. Why aren’t we cliché? You only gave me Jack and Nisin’s example. They don’t count. Nisin is sick. Jack probably wants to fix him.”

Rory moved the salt holder aside and took Milan’s right hand, straightening Milan’s fingers so that he could trace Milan’s palm.

“Fair enough,” Rory agreed. “Maryanne and Topher found each other at a party when they both turned eighteen. You’ve seen them in our kitchen.”

“I left the room yesterday,” Milan mused, remembering Topher and Maryanne making out against the kitchen counter.

“Yeah, it’s gotten better. They couldn’t keep off each other when they first met. Most wolves mate within hours of meeting their fated partners.”

“So, we’re different because you waited?” Milan guessed.

“More than waited,” Rory said, shifting his gaze to Milan’s palm. “I had to have Grandma Asta give me a bracelet to control the need to claim you. Your mother would have put me down otherwise.”

Milan gave a short chuckle at that.

“Was it that hard?”

Rory’s hold on his hand tightened, his tracing finger pausing to rub on a line on Milan’s palm.

“I couldn’t stand the thought of anyone touching you, even your brother.” Rory shook his head. “Worst case scenario, I would have turned into a mad man and kidnapped you. It would have been a shock to you. Strange thing is I didn’t know what the hell I would do with you once I got you. I had never seen a wolf/human pair before. Grandma Asta saved us both from that ending.”

“So, we’re that special huh,” Milan mused.

“Quite.”

“We’re not usual,” Milan said.

“Far from it,” Rory said. “You’re a gift from the goddess to me.”

Milan nodded in acceptance. His life was not conventional; of course, the love of his life would not be someone ordinary. Wasn’t it his good luck too to find Rory at seventeen? There were many who never found the right person at all.

Milan decided to take it as is.

“I met someone at the welfare office today. Her name is Annie. She didn’t think I was good enough to be the Alpha’s mate. Thought I didn’t understand anything about the town. Maryanne thinks there will be more who think like Annie.”

Rory made a face.

“What they think doesn’t matter. Nothing can change who you are to me, or who you are to this town.”

Milan smiled at Rory’s answer. Storing away the solid support, he moved on from Annie.

“Why Portento?” Milan asked. “Why are their wolves here? Why this place?”

Rory played with Milan’s fingers as he talked about Portento’s history.

Milan listened as Rory talked about the founding trio. The alpha who begged for sanctuary for his family and how the goddess answered by creating a barrier around Portento, ensuring their safety. How she made them promise to offer sanctuary to all who needed it, as she had offered.

“We’ve kept at it for centuries, generation to generation. We don’t always get it right, but we’ve done well.”

“You were right about your roots running deep,” Milan said.

Rory let go of his hand when their drinks came. Milan sipped his passion juice, his gaze straying to the band. The lead singer had disappeared. The band now played instrumental music and he didn’t recognize the tune.

“I’ve never belonged to a place before. My family and I, we’ve always been on the move. You know that.”

“If you had to stay, would you miss the travel?” Rory asked, drawing Milan’s gaze.

Milan thought about that for a moment. The fear he felt when his mother asked him to leave for Turin. It was new, and unexpected. That fear tied to Rory, more than Portento. He didn’t want to be away from Rory.

“I like being anchored.”

“Do you mean that?” Rory asked, holding his gaze.

“I do,” Milan said.

“Milan, living in Portento with me doesn’t mean you can’t travel if you want. This is not a prison but sanctuary. If you ever feel that you want to travel, all you have to do is say it. Can you promise me that?”

Milan smiled and nodded. “I promise.”

Sipping his juice, a thought filled his head.

“By the way, are there wolves living beyond the town’s borders? Are there humans who know about us?”

“Our kind works hard to keep our existence secret from humans. Of course, there are settlements of wolves across the country and others abroad, but I don’t know any like Portento. Our town is the exception, a haven with a majority share, unlike out there where humans have precedence. Portento tries to keep minimal contact with everyone to keep our location hidden.”

“Only those in desperate need can find Portento. Rowen says her mom knows a lot more of the settlements around the world. Rumor is that her mom fell in with a bad group who hunt our kind, and needed to find a place to keep Rowen safe. Her extensive research brought her to Portento’s borders.”

“Bad groups, with people like Cade Ogawa?” Milan asked. “They want to research on werewolves?”

“Worse,” Rory said. “Extremist who think we’re a blight on the world. They kill our kind without asking questions. The group is ran by humans, one of the reason why everyone in this town is wary of them. They hunt us down like beasts.”

Milan shivered at the thought of being hunted down like an animal.

“Do you have gatekeepers?” Milan asked. “You know, like a videogame. You can’t enter sanctuary without meeting the gatekeeper.”

“Yes, we have several gatekeepers. We call them guardians,” Rory nodded. “They keep watch for trouble. Or, stand guard when important assets of Portento leave for any reason.”

“So, Portento is the Atlantis for your kind,” Milan said. “You only get in if you are worthy.”

Our kind,” Rory corrected. “I guess you could say that.”

“How did Biosense get so close?” Milan asked, his frown deepening. “I mean—there must have been an uproar when we moved into the main town.”

Rory fell silent when their waiter brought their plates of food. Their waiter was polite and efficient, placing their plates and ensuring they had everything they needed. He hurried away soon after, leaving them alone.

“The Mayor brought Biosense,” Rory said. “Portento is like any other town. We need money to maintain many things. So, she found Biosense to provide a new hospital, while we gave up a small part of the forest where Biosense has set up. I can’t really say more on it, as I don’t know the details. We’ll find out tomorrow. As for you, and your family, your presence was different. It tipped a scale.”

Rory watched Milan take his first bite of food made outside home.

“Is it good?”

“Delicious,” Milan said, feeling like he might eat Rory’s share too. The short ribs were mouth-watering. They melted in his mouth as soon as he took a bite, his appetite surging like a beast. “Mm, we should eat here every day.”

Rory grinned his approval and started on his food.

“Were you upset about your mate being human?” Milan asked, curious. “Were you…disappointed?”

“No.”

Rory ignored his food to look at him.

“Not even for a moment. I was just glad to have found my mate. I turned into a stalker to be honest. I lived on that tree behind the Takeda house for a few days, watching you.”

“What?” Milan’s eyes wide at this revelation. “It was snowing out.”

“I didn’t care. I just wanted to keep seeing you.”

Milan gaped.

“Come to think of it,” Milan narrowed his gaze. “Did you ever work at the grocery store?”

Rory grinned.

“Nope, but it was the only way I could meet you without freaking you out.”

Milan sat back in his seat watching Rory pick up his fork and dig into his food.

Any doubts in Milan’s heart disappeared with that confession. He didn’t know how he had gotten so lucky, but he would take it. All of it, the town, Rory, his being a wolf, it was all a blessing, he decided.

Milan continued eating, their topic changing to Rory’s favorite music, especially when the band covered his song. Rory had a thing for the Bad Wolves. He’d heard their music in Rory’s car more than once.

They laughed a lot, ate a lot, lost in their own world.

When dessert came, Milan took a piece of vanilla cheesecake with his fork and he held it out for Rory.

“Taste this.”

Rory stood, taking his chair and brought it closer to Milan.

Milan smiled when Rory sat and leaned closer to take in the bite of cheesecake. They were inches apart now, Milan shifted so that there was no space between them. His left shoulder brushing Rory’s right. He ate a bite of cheesecake too, looking up to Rory.

Rory held his gaze.

“It’s good, isn’t it?” Milan asked Rory, loving the taste of the cheesecake. He had so many things to taste. “I haven’t tried cheesecake before. I love it. I might get addicted to it.”

Milan fed Rory a second bite and grinned when Rory leaned in to kiss him, sharing the taste of vanilla cheesecake.

“You’d better be addicted to me first,” Rory teased, ending their kiss.

By the way, you’re hiding from me,’ Rory told him.

I’m sitting right next to you.’ Milan countered, taking another bite of cheesecake and holding it out to Rory. I’m even letting you eat my cheesecake.

You know what I mean,’ Rory took the fork from him, and pulled the plate closer to his side. He took a huge bite of the cheesecake, and smiled at Milan.

‘Rory, you thief.’

Rory chuckled and fed Milan the next bite, making sure to make a mess of it. He leaned in and licked Milan’s chin and the corner of his lips, making Milan chuckle.

Cheesecake or Milan,’ Rory mused, pushing the empty plate aside. ‘I definitely prefer Milan.

Milan rubbed Rory’s clean-shaven chin, charmed. The music changed, turning lively. There was a dance floor near the band. Milan watched as people moved to dance.

“Let’s dance,” Milan suggested, getting up. He held out his hand to Rory. “Come on.”

“Don’t want to talk anymore?” Rory asked, removing his jacket.

He placed it on the back of his chair, allowing Milan to lead him to the dance floor.

“Dancing is a way of talking too,” Milan said, when they reached the dance floor. Holding Rory’s hand, he swayed to the music. When Rory crowded behind him, and moved with him, he grinned because he wasn’t an expert at dancing, but it felt good to move to the beat with Rory.

Rory touched him: his waist, his hips, up his arms, pressing little kisses on his neck setting him afire. The dancers around them turned into a blur, the music the only thing that filtered through. Beat after beat, he moved with Rory, until Milan turned to face Rory.

A soft breath escaped when Rory pulled him in tight, their faces inches apart. Milan forgot the world. Rory’s blue eyes the only thing that mattered here and now.

Milan rose up on his tiptoes, and closed the small distance between them, kissing Rory in the middle of a dance floor. Lost in the heat of the kiss, in Rory’s arms wrapping around him.

He drew back when whistles and claps broke through. Heat suffused his cheeks as he realized they had an audience.

Rory grinned, happy, and kept holding Milan when he tried to step back.

Milan groaned and pressed his face into Rory’s chest.

You weren’t so shy a minute ago,’ Rory teased when they moved away from the dance floor, heading back to their table.

I don’t know what came over me,’ Milan sighed, rubbing his hot cheeks. I can’t believe I did that.’

“I’m glad you did,” Rory said, sitting down in his chair.

Milan excused himself to go to the bathroom. His face felt overheated and he needed to use the toilet.

Milan finished peeing and moved to wash his hands at the sink. Staring at his face in the mirror, he bent over and splashed cold water on his face.

When he looked in the mirror again, it was to see his brown eyes turned gold. He felt buzzed and hot, extra hot. Dancing with Rory did that to him. Having Rory’s hands on him set him on ablaze. Leaning over to splash more water on his face, Milan turned off the tap and straightened up.

“It’s not the first time he’s touched you,” Milan said to the unfamiliar gold eyes he was starting to love. ‘There was the cave. You liked it.’

His cheeks burned thinking of that day at the cave. At the time, he had been so worried that his newfound connection with Rory was in danger. Then Rory brought him to the edge, and those thoughts disappeared. The ecstasy in that moment, Milan bit his bottom lip, remembering it to detail. He was hard, just thinking of it. He wanted more, and didn’t know how to ask for it.

Milan wondered whether it was the same for everyone. Having Rory close made him want to rip all of Rory’s clothes off and explore to his heart’s content. That need so deep, he felt crazy with it.

If you come out here, we can get out of this restaurant and I’ll let you do that,’ Rory’s sexy voice filled his head, fueling the consuming need to fling himself into Rory’s arms. ‘Milan.’

The door to the bathroom opened and Milan sucked in needed air, hating the intrusion. He hurried out of the bathroom to avoid the very interested newcomer’s gaze.

Back at their table, Rory stood watching him. Blue eyes shimmered with gold and Milan’s steps slowed at the answering fire in his blood. This night was no longer about a simple date. He saw it now.

Rory took Milan’s jacket, and met him, taking Milan’s hand. Milan closed his fingers around a hot palm, feeling as though he clung to a live wire. Rory led him out of the restaurant and to their car in silence.

Rory unlocked the doors, and opened the passenger door for Milan.

When Milan started to go around him, Rory had other ideas. Pressing Milan against the car, dropping Milan’s jacket on his seat, he took Milan’s lips, kissing him hard, a beast starved. Milan clung to Rory, reaching up to wrap his arms around Rory’s shoulders. Rory used it as leverage lifting Milan, taking more, drowning Milan in their shared desire.

***

Their true first time turned into an education. There was no elegance in their coming together, instead a mish-mash of sensation, a learning. Nips and caresses on soft skin, tickles, and squeezes, stubbed toes, torn zippers on jeans, and a band t-shirt with a ripped sleeve.

They fell on their bed, pushing all the covers to the floor. Milan slid his palms over Rory’s hard stomach, tracing contoured muscles, trailing soft hair down, lower, to treasure. Rory’s hiss of pleasure when Milan took his length in his palms. Strong and powerful, holding Rory’s thick length was awkward at fast, but then it got familiar, obsessive especially when Rory went mad with pleasure. Milan could not forget the feel of Rory’s fingers gripping his hair when Milan decided to taste Rory. His shout of surprise when Milan sucked him and the tremble of Rory’s body when he came.

Hours later, both of them slicked in sweat, Rory slid inside him, feeling too large, too much, Milan’s fingers dug into Rory’s arms. Pain bloomed amid the pleasure, Rory held him still when he would have moved.

Milan closed his eyes, and fell into the depths of Rory’s love. Their bond snapped in place, a full vibrant color that shot through Milan’s very being, with no barrier left. Rory’s pleasure flooded him, pushing the pain aside, Milan gasped and met Rory’s gaze as Rory surged into him. Once, twice, countless times, heat building, burning. Milan accepted Rory’s open kiss, coming apart at the seams the deeper Rory took him. They turned into one, and when Milan couldn’t take anymore, he exploded with a cry, spilling between them. Rory kept going, hungry for Milan, taking what he had wanted for so long. Milan met his every touch, his every kiss, with his own, until they were both immersed in each other, thoroughly and completely.

***

Morning came, bringing with it the sun through the windows with no curtains. Rory turned his head away, to find Milan tucked into his side, face buried into his shoulder. His soft breath brushed against Rory’s skin. Milan had flung a possessive arm over Rory’s chest, his thigh riding high on Rory’s right leg.

The sheet Rory had found at around four in the morning tangled around them. Rory smiled, brushing his fingers through Milan’s hair so that he could see his mate’s face.

Reaching for his phone on his side of the bed, Rory snapped a picture of them, and saved it as his wallpaper. Milan’s phone already had a picture of them at the green house holding their strawberry plant.

Returning his phone to the bedside table, Rory was content to watch Milan sleep. He knew the exact moment that Milan woke up. Brown eyes with a mix of gold seeking him out, Milan’s arm tightening on him when he saw him.

“Morning.”

Milan blushed, a marvel after all they had done to each other last night. He buried his face into Rory’s shoulder.

“Morning,” Milan said, his voice sexy low, it sent thrills through Rory. “You stayed today.”

“No snow,” Rory said. “Plus, it’s a Saturday and the sun is out. It will be a warm day.”

“I love sunny days,” Milan said, eyes closed, not moving from his comfortable position.

Rory shifted, wanting to hold Milan. He pulled him into his arms, adjusting the sheet around them so that he could move his thigh between Milan’s, wanting more skin contact. Milan rubbed his legs against his, and yawned.

“I wanna sleep some more,” Milan murmured.

Red marks clear on his neck down to his shoulder, and the bite mark Rory gave him when turning him. It had not faded, remaining to show everyone that Milan was claimed. Rory traced the fading red marks, making Milan lean into him.

“Sleep, Baby.”

They spent the morning in bed. Milan slept, Rory read the One Piece manga Milan was reading, careful to keep Milan’s place marked with a bookmark. At ten o’clock, Milan woke up. Wide awake he sat up, kissed Rory with wild abandon, then rushed to the bathroom.

Rory sat up with a laugh, marking his own place in Milan’s book. He placed it on the table on Milan’s side of the bed. Arranging their pillows, Rory paused when he found Milan’s leather drawing book hidden under the pillows again.

Milan flushed the toilet in the bathroom, and Rory heard him open the shower stall door. Rory took Milan’s diary, curious about what Milan was drawing now.

A pencil marked the last drawing Milan made, and it was a fantasy drawing of the pack house. Milan had given it a life of its own, turning it mystical and wondrous, with vines growing around it.

“Do you like it?”

Rory looked up to find Milan watching him from the bathroom door

“It’s beautiful,” Rory said. “All your drawings are.”

“You’ve been sneaking a look,” Milan stated, his tone matter of fact. Rory knew Milan would have discovered it through their bond. There were no secrets between them now.

“To read your thoughts,” Rory said, closing the diary and returning it to its hiding place. “You put what you’re thinking about most in this one.”

Milan studied him for a moment, and Rory waited for a scolding for the snooping.

“Wanna take a shower with me?” Milan asked, and then entered the bathroom without waiting for an answer.

Rory got out of bed fast, running after Milan. He wished they could laze around in bed all day, but they needed to get ready for the town meeting. He couldn’t wait to finish the troubles with Rick, so that he and Milan could have more time.

That’s all he wanted, more and more time.

****

(2018) (Lee Suilan)
  • Like 37
  • Love 59
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Consumato sounds like tomato consommé, only sexier. 😏

 

Making love after cheesecake is a given! 😊

 

Hurrah for Milan and Rory! The fireworks have finally occurred!  Now, who's Ayu's love interest? 🤗

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Great chapter. Thanks for mentioning Nisin — I was wondering! Although, if theirs is the way a mating normally goes, I’m surprised they haven’t done it yet. Especially with Nisin so sick. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A truly lovely chapter; the writing was delicious.  The meeting may not make anyone truly happy, but can't wait to see what happens there.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Really beautiful chapter. I'm really happy Milan and his mom made up, that Kiyo is getting well, and they'll be reunited soon. Although the circumstances were terrible, I'm happy to have seen Illaria's vulnerable side. Hearing that Nisin and Jack are together was a bonus, because Nisin will need his support to deal with the consequences his father will have to face. Milan and Rory's date was romantic and beautiful. I especially loved the scene where they made love, and how it was written. Instead of the usual explicit description, that focused more on the action, I liked that it was more about the feelings and emotions they were experiencing being together for the first time. Their coming together was more about expressing their feelings for each other, and not just about bodily pleasure. Also, the morning after was just as beautiful.

 

P.S I liked that we learnt more about the wolves, the fact that they exists outside of Portento, and also more about the history of Portento and how it functions.:heart::thankyou:

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Outstanding chapter! The love between Rory and Milan is deepening with each new day, this first date finally got Milan to fully engage with Rory, emotionally, physically and finally completing the connection through their bond. I’m happy that Ilaria and Milan had a talk and acknowledged that they were both wrong and still love each other unconditionally.  Next up, the town meeting where anything can happen. I have faith that Rory and Milan will come through this with love for each other as well as the town and all of its residents and the swamp community will hopefully reintegrate into the overall Portento family. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 3/4/2019 at 1:00 AM, travlbug said:

Consumato sounds like tomato consommé, only sexier. 😏

 

Making love after cheesecake is a given! 😊

Lols!!! I love it.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

A very romantic date with both young men ending up in their own personal heaven.  Ilaria was wrong. Milan doesn't want to get out and travel the world, at least alone.  What he wants is something he has been denied, an anchor.  He needs a place where he belongs and feels like a part of, not an outsider.  I do love sweet and warm chapters like this.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..