Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,949 Words
  • 6,984 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Morgan Lore - 30. Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Sinking fingers into dirt

Rory woke up to a warm weight on his stomach. Rubbing his eyes, he lifted his head and smiled when he saw Milan’s head resting on his stomach. Milan sprawled on the rest of their huge bed, his feet tangled in the sheets. His mate traveled in his sleep.

Rory dropped his head back on his comfortable pillow and sunk fingers into soft dark curly hair. He dreamed of this paradise so many nights of this paradise, that he kept touching Milan to know it was real. Milan was now with him, in his bed, his house…his life. Two days and his spirit felt near settled, he couldn’t imagine what two weeks would be like. After that there would be two months, then two years, decades. His blood surged with joy at the prospect of all those nights spent with Milan by his side.

Rory took in a deep breath, holding in the scent of mandarin oranges. He breathed out slow and turned his head to look at the time on the bedside table. It was about six o’clock. His clock beeped and he reached for it fast before the alarm went off. He turned off the alarm, and sat up with care, holding on to Milan, so that he wouldn’t wake up yet.

He cradled Milan’s head, lifting him up with care and moving him to their shared pillows. Milan shifted then, moving into his arms with a soft sigh.

Rory bit back a chuckle and wrapped his arms around Milan, holding him tight. Milan kept sleeping.

The wide windows in their bedroom showed off the early morning. Snow fell beyond the windows, turning their world into a winter wonderland. Today would be cold, Rory thought, adjusting the duvet over Milan’s shoulders.

Two weeks ago, he would have worried about Milan going out in the cold. Now, he was glad that worry ended. His new concern involved Milan finding his place in the pack house. Rory worried Milan would find life here too different, compared to the Takeda house.

Two days in and Milan had not voiced discomfort. Yet, Rory was aware of the tightly coiled knot growing each day Milan woke up. Rory kissed Milan’s forehead. He wondered when Milan would talk about it.

***

Milan woke with the sun in his eyes. He let a soft sigh escape and reached for Rory. He turned when his hand touched cool sheets. Sitting up, he stared at the empty space next to him. Rory woke up early. The two days since he moved into Rory’s house, Milan always woke alone.

It shouldn’t matter. After all, he had woken up alone all his life. Yet, it felt weird to go to bed with someone and then wake up alone. Folding his legs, he pushed hair out of his face and glanced at the clock on Rory’s side. He frowned when he saw the time. Nine in the morning. He was lucky he was taking time off from school this week. It was already Friday. He talked it over with Rory and decided it was better to start school on Monday. Jack brought him the school work he needed to catch up.

A soft knock came on the bedroom door and the door opened before he could invite his visitor.

“Hi Milan,” Maryanne greeted him, entering the bedroom.

She looked pretty in a long black polka dot skirt and cute frilly top. Her brown hair piled on her head with pins. She waved at him, her smile infectious.

“I hope I didn’t wake you,” Maryanne said, coming to sit on the side of the bed. “Rory would have my head.”

Milan shook his head with a smile. He liked Maryanne. She was older than him by a year, and went to the same school as Ayu. She was also Topher’s mate. Milan blushed every time he saw them making out in the kitchen. Which was often.

“I don’t have classes today,” Maryanne said, reaching for his left hand. “I thought we can hang out. We haven’t gotten a chance to know each other.”

Milan squeezed her hand tight, grateful for her. She included him when he felt a tad intimidated by the tight-knit web in the pack house. He was trying his best to get along with everyone, but it wasn’t easy. He missed his family. Missed the solid acceptance of their love. Here, he was the outsider.

Rory would pinch him if he heard him say that, but Milan couldn’t help feeling it.

“What do you say?” Maryanne prompted, tagging on his hand, when he didn’t reply in time.

“I’d love to hang out with you,” Milan said, smiling at her.

Morning, Cucciolo,’ Rory spoke to him through their private connection. It still felt so intimate to do so. Milan wondered how much of Rory felt from him.

Morning.’ Milan replied. You didn’t wake me,’ Milan chided. ‘I told you to whenever you’re about to leave.’

Didn’t have the heart to wake you. I’ll be home in the next fifteen minutes.’

‘Okay.’

Milan pushed the covers away.

“Rory had to help plow the streets early,” Maryanne said, studying him. “Topher went out with him. They got a call from Alpha Connor.”

“Does it happen often?” Milan asked, intrigued by this new side of Rory. He hadn’t known the number of responsibilities Rory had until now.

“When the snowfall is too heavy,” Maryanne said. “The Sheriff’s office runs a service, but when everyone is called out, Rory, Matt and Topher help out where they can.”

Milan nodded. He now knew that Topher and Matt were Rory’s best friends, as well as the pack’s Beta and Third. Titles he discovered were important in the grand scale of things. There was still so much to learn.

Milan got out of bed, adjusting his t-shirt, and the waistband of his pajama bottoms.

“Let me shower real quick, then we can have breakfast,” Milan told Maryanne.

“Sounds good. I’ll wait,” Maryanne said, sprawling on the huge bed, her skirt fanning out around her.

“You look pretty today,” Milan said as he entered the bathroom.

Maryanne grinned wide.

***

Rory entered the house through the garage completed a week ago thanks to Jack Bennet. He paused to remove his boots, and stepped into a short corridor outside the kitchen on socked feet. He paused at the door into the kitchen when he heard Milan laugh.

“Wait, wait, you’re adding too much,” Milan said. “Let me, gosh, no matter how awesome the machine, the batter will overflow if you put in that much. I did it once and the batter ended up on the counter. Marie made me clean it for hours.”

Maryanne laughed, and Rory peeked in to the kitchen to see Milan standing next to Maryanne by the cooking range. The waffle maker on while Milan poured in batter. He closed the top and stood to wait for their waffles to cook. When it was ready, Maryanne opened the lid, her excitement hard to ignore. When the waffle turned out well done, she gave a happy shout and hugged Milan.

“I haven’t ever made edible waffles. This is awesome, Milan. I love you. You’re not allowed to ever leave this house,” Maryanne gushed, smacking a kiss on Milan’s cheek. She let go of him as he placed the waffle on a plate and started to make the next one. “Let me try.”

Rory watched them for a second more, then wanting to join in the fun, entered the kitchen. Milan looked up the second he entered the kitchen. His ready smile enough to turn Rory into a soppy fool. He walked up to Milan and wound an arm around him, pulling him into a hungry kiss.

Milan leaned into him, allowing the kiss. When Rory broke it, he started to move away but Rory wouldn’t let him go. Instead, he kept holding Milan around his waist.

“Rory,” Milan started.

“What are you making?” Rory asked, resting his chin on Milan’s shoulder. “Maryanne can’t cook to save her life, you know. We’ve had to get breakfast from the main kitchen.”

“That’s so rude,” Maryanne scowled at him. “I can boil water, with the kettle, and make coffee, with the espresso machine. How much more cooking does a girl need?”

Milan chuckled prompting Maryanne to open the waffle maker before she burnt the new batch of waffles. Rory kept holding Milan, even when he took over the waffle-making from Maryanne. It felt good to stand in their kitchen, making a late breakfast, with no looming news over their heads. Rory’s stomach growled and Milan chuckled.

“Hungry?” Milan asked.

“Starving,” Rory murmured, pressing a kiss on Milan’s left ear, making him shiver.

“You can have a waffle,” Milan suggested as he placed a new batch on the plate next to Maryanne.

“It’s better when we’re all eating at the same time,” Rory said, glancing at Maryanne without moving his head from Milan’s shoulder. “How come you didn’t go to school today?”

“It’s Friday,” Maryanne said. “Don’t have any classes. Milan promised to hang out with me. I usually help out the welfare office today. I thought we could hang together.”

Rory sighed, wishing he could spend the rest of the day with Milan. Too bad he couldn’t, he had a meeting with Elle and Johan. They had finally agreed to come into the main town. They didn’t want to meet at the pack house, so he was to meet them in an open space right outside the swamp.

“Rory,” Milan cut into his thoughts.

“Mm.”

“I want to wash the bowl,” Milan said, holding the bowl he used to mix batter and a spatula.

Maryanne was busy cutting the waffles and placing them on a large platter. She moved away to find maple syrup and honey.

Rory buried his nose into Milan’s neck and breathed him in. Mint and avocado from his shower. It pleased him to know that Milan used his hair shampoo.

I like you smelling like my shampoo.’ Rory pressed a kiss on his neck and Milan leaned into him.

I’m still annoyed with you for leaving me this morning. Move.

I wanted you to sleep longer.

I told you to tell me when you leave,’ Milan insisted, going to the sink.

Rory followed him, wrapping his arms around Milan’s waist as Milan turned on water and started to wash the bowl.

I’ll wake you next time,’ Rory promised.

You said that yesterday,’ Milan pointed out.

Rory rested his head on Milan’s shoulder again and let out a sigh.

Milan,’ he groaned. ‘I really have no power when I look at your sleeping face. It’s really hard for me to wake you.’

Don’t be cute with me.

I’m being serious,’ Rory said.

Milan chuckled as he placed the bowl in the draining rack. He flicked water at Rory’s face, and Rory tightened his hold on Milan in retaliation, turning him around to kiss him. A quick, hasty kiss as Maryanne entered the kitchen and gave them a short whistle.

“Time to eat, guys,” Maryanne said.

Milan kissed Rory’s cheek and pushed Rory to sit at the island table.

“I’ll get you orange juice,” Milan said as Rory sat, and went to the fridge to get the bottle. “Looks like we need to do shopping. There’s barely any food in here.”

Rory turned to Maryanne.

“I haven’t had a chance to talk to Linda about stocking this part of the house.”

“I’m heading to the welfare office today, with Milan,” Maryanne said as she sat. She got a waffle and immediately drenched it with maple syrup. “I’ll do up the forms to set up the secondary house.”

“Thanks,” Rory smiled at her as he got five waffles and placed them on his plate.

Milan placed a glass of orange juice for him, then Maryanne, and finally sat down beside Rory.

Breakfast was everything Rory could have hoped. He felt happy watching Milan and Maryanne get along, joking about cooking, and teasing Rory when he ate too fast. Rory made sure Milan drank his orange juice. He wondered if the method Maria used for fresh juice was written in the book she gave him. Just because Milan was now healed didn’t mean he should stop eating healthy. He was a freshly turned wolf. He needed plenty of rest, and eat well.

“Iris mentioned a town meeting?” Milan cut into his thoughts. “She said to ask you about it. What’s the meeting for?”

Rory picked up his glass of orange juice and drank deep. His meeting with Johan and Elle had a lot to do with the town meeting. The wolves in the Swamp Lands had a lot to negotiate before they decided to join the council. Maryanne and Milan would be required to attend the meeting in an official capacity. It would be good for them to know what the meeting was about.

“Milan,” Rory shifted in his seat so that he could look at Milan. “Since you moved into this town, there has been a lot going on in the pack house.”

“A lot how?” Milan asked.

Rory glanced at Maryanne and she gave him a short nod, urging him to continue. It was time Milan knew the truth anyway. He now had to help Rory lead the pack.

“The Portento Pack has laws,” Rory said, taking Milan’s hand. “One of those laws deals with humans living or moving into Portento. To protect who we are, what we are, humans are often moved out of the town, as fast and as quickly as possible. For a long time, decades before me, before my father, all wolves in Portento have followed this law. Sometimes, it caused more trouble than it should have. It has led to long-standing prejudice against humans. And, a fracture in the town’s people.”

“That’s why no one wanted to socialize with us,” Milan said, in surprise. “Mamma told me that apart from Linda at the grocery store, no one wanted to get close to her at work. She always felt like an outsider.”

“Not her fault,” Rory said, shaking his head. “She didn’t seem to mind going to work and getting home to Marie and you guys. Linda was a good friend to her. I didn’t think she needed more.”

Milan stared at their clasped hands. “No wonder she wanted to leave.”

“Milan.”

“It’s okay,” Milan said, squeezing his hand. “Continue. What’s changed?”

“Everything,” Rory said, with a small smile. “When I discovered you were my mate, I decided to find a way to change the law of not letting humans stay in this town. On that journey, I discovered Johan and Elle who live in the Swamp Lands. Their people have embraced human mates, and build a strong community. Then, our coming together, you and me, fulfilled an old prophecy by the goddess called The Morgan Lore.”

“What’s the prophecy?” Milan asked.

“Portento is considered sanctuary to all in need. Most times, those in need have been of our kind. Enchanted souls who face unimaginable pain from the humans beyond our borders. They seek refuge within our borders. However, there are humans too who seek sanctuary. The goddess calls them her chosen children. You and Nisin are the first I’ve met. Those in the Swamp Lands are another example. Elle’s ancestors came from one such as you.”

“So, the town meeting?”

“Yes, the town meeting is going to serve as a way to amend that law, to include you, your family and all those in the Swamp Lands.”

Milan took in a deep breath, holding Rory’s hand with both his hands.

“Is this what you’ve been dealing with alone?”

Rory smiled and leaned over to kiss Milan’s forehead.

“I told you I would deal with anything for you.”

“So, what else are you discussing at the town meeting?” Maryanne asked, piling their plates into a small stack.

“Well, there is the matter of Rick,” Rory said. “He violated all the laws possible in this town. His vengeful heart almost destroyed you, your father, and Cade Ogawa.”

“Cade Ogawa is Papa’s best friend,” Milan said, his tone full of regret. “I never met him, but Papa speaks highly of him. He’s the big boss at Biosense.”

“Yes. A big boss who tricked your father into creating poison using Rick’s blood. He knew about Lloyd turning himself into that horrible wolf,” Maryanne shuddered. “Who knows what would have happened if he succeeded.”

“He’s Nisin’s Papa,” Milan said, with a frown.

Rory brought Milan’s hand to his lips.

“Which is why his fate shall be decided at the town meeting. Rick approached him first. It’s impossible to know we exist without one of us revealing it. Rick would have deliberately met Cade and revealed himself. Cade would not have pulled in his best friend without the proof of wolves from Rick.”

“It’s all wrong,” Maryanne shook her head. She met Milan’s worried gaze and shrugged. “I know Cade is a friend to your father, but what he did, after knowing, allowing the creation of that poison is wrong. He is not a good person.”

Milan bit his lip and shook his head.

“I don’t know what’s okay. I just…Nisin doesn’t deserve to lose his Papa.”

“Well, it will all get decided tomorrow,” Rory said, pulling Milan on to his lap. He held him tight. “The town meeting is happening tomorrow afternoon. Everyone is required to attend.”

“Even me?” Milan asked, resting his head on Rory’s chest.

“Especially you,” Rory said, caressing his cheek. “You’ll keep me from killing Rick. Otherwise, I’ll just give in to my anger that he stabbed you and kill him.”

Maryanne chuckled and got up to take their dirty plates to the sink. As she washed, Rory held Milan for a few more minutes.

“Okay. I’ll come with you. What are you doing today?” Milan asked.

“Meeting Johan and Elle,” Rory said. “It might take a while, as they want to give me the list of things the Swamp Lands want negotiated. Then I’ll come back home and hang with you.”

“I’ll be with Maryanne,” Milan said, meeting Rory’s blue gaze, reaching up to rub Rory’s stubble, then tracing his lips with his thumb. “Wherever she’ll take me.”

“I’ll find you,” Rory said. “I miss you already.”

Milan held him then, and pressed a chaste kiss on Rory’s left ear.

“Hurry back then.”

***

Discovering the offices behind the huge house he called home, Milan moved from one door to the next, amazed by the organization. It was like working in a real company or something like that. His parents lived a migrant life, so he had never gotten the opportunity to see them in real offices, only labs and hospitals. This was so different.

“The Welfare Office takes care of any issues people might have in Portento.”

“Like what?” Milan asked.

“Well,” Maryanne rested her left arm around his shoulders. She was taller than him and at a comfortable height to do so. “Our town is just like every other town out there. We take care of the elderly, and any children who came to us needing sanctuary.”

Maryanne stopped them at the counter in the welfare office. She picked up a clipboard and found her name.

“Like today, we’re on the roaster to drop supplies off to a Ms. Maggie Steel. She just gave birth three weeks ago. She lives alone, but one of the ladies from this office is staying with her.”

“Oh cool,” Milan took the clipboard from her. “It’s almost like social work.”

“Yeah,” Maryanne smiled. “Much easier than security which is where Topher, Matt and Rory end up most of the time.”

“What happens in the security office?” Milan asked, taking the pen Maryanne gave him to sign his name on the clipboard next to Maryanne's.

“Dealing with rowdy teenagers, spells gone wrong with the warlock kids, sometimes adult warlocks who are more scary. Fires, breaks in the barriers around Portento,” Maryanne shuddered. “People are into weird stuff in this town.”

Milan followed Maryanne behind the counter into an open hall. It was already busy with hundreds of cartons awaiting delivery. One of the ladies handing out the cartons saw Milan and Maryanne and hurried to them.

“Hi Annie!” Maryanne greeted her.

“Maryanne,” Annie said, her gaze on Milan. Her brown hair in a tight ponytail. She studied Milan with a curious gaze. One that left him wanting to step behind Maryanne. Milan didn’t like Annie’s study of him. “Is this him?”

“This is Milan Takeda Morgan,” Maryanne introduced him. Her addition of Rory’s name to his had Milan’s gaze widening.

Since when am I a Morgan?’ Milan asked Rory. Maryanne is introducing me with your last name.’

The moment you let me change you,’ Rory said, his answer smug.

Does that mean we’re married?’ Milan asked in surprise. Why hadn’t he thought of it that way? Being Rory’s mate was for life, he knew that. Still—

You pulled me into your house with my eyes closed. I can’t believe you. I so want a real wedding, Rory Morgan, a real proposal before that, you punk!

Rory chuckled again, his laughter flooding their bond.

I love you being a Morgan, Milan.

Milan rolled his eyes and shook his head, returning his attention to Maryanne and Annie. They both looked at him with interest. He had clearly missed a comment or question. He ignored it and jumped right in.

“Well, where are the supply boxes. I’ll carry them, Maryanne. I hope you’re the one driving. I haven’t gotten a chance to practice since I landed here. I might send us into a ditch if I drive.”

“I’ll drive,” Maryanne said, with a short laugh.

Annie frowned, turning away with a blush as she led them to three huge boxes filled with groceries and baby supplies. Milan took up the first box, loving the ease with which he picked up the box. He had so much strength now, he loved it. Heading out of the room, he went outside the back door to the car Maryanne pointed out was theirs to use.

Maryanne followed him with the second box, and when he went to get the last box, he found Annie waiting for him. Milan smiled at her, then started to move around her to get the box, only for her to block his way.

“Why would he choose you?” Annie asked him. “There is nothing special about you. You were once a human. Why?”

Milan stepped back and met her gaze, not surprised when he saw anger in her eyes. She wasn’t friendly. Milan decided to play stupid.

“What are you talking about?”

“You don’t even know anything about Portento, or our people. How will he make it with you?”

“Oh, you mean Rory?” Milan asked, staring at her with wide eyes. “He’s strong and smart, you know. He can handle anything.”

She scowled at him and he grinned.

“You’re so serious,” Milan said. “Stop thinking so hard, and let me by. I need to get that box.”

“I’m having a serious discussion with you.”

“You’re not,” Milan said, meeting her gaze. “Step aside.”

A hand shot over his right hand, slender fingers wrapped around Annie’s neck and Milan turned to see Maryanne glaring at Annie.

“He said step aside,” Maryanne said, her tone chilly. “Who are you to stand in his way?”

Milan reached out and took Maryanne’s hand, pulling it away from Annie’s neck. Annie stumbled back, drawing the gazes of everyone in the hall. Milan steadied her and moved her to the side.

“Annie, was it?” Milan asked. When she nodded, he patted her cheek. “I won’t answer your questions because I don’t think you have the right to an answer. Not when you asked them the way you did. However, whatever I need to learn to help Rory, I’ll learn it. Don’t worry too much. I’m a quick study.”

Giving her a short nod, he picked up the last box.

“Maryanne, let’s go.”

Maryanne gave Annie a warning glance, then led the way out of the hall. She didn’t talk until they were on the road heading to Maggie Steel’s house.

“You’re going to get a bunch of them acting like Annie,” Maryanne said, shifting gears, her jaw set. “They think they have the right to have mated with the Alpha. It pisses me off when they act that way. Clearly, the goddess has made her decision, who are they to question it. They forget, Rory’s your choice too.”

Milan leaned over to kiss Maryanne’s cheek. “Thank you for being angry on my behalf.”

“I’ll beat them to the ground for you,” Maryanne said. “You don’t even have to ask.”

Milan chuckled, folding his arms against his chest.

Maryanne looked at him with a skeptical glance, a brow raised.

“What?”

“It’s the first time,” Milan said.

“First time for what?”

“First time to be someone’s envy,” Milan laughed. “It’s not a pretty thing, but I can’t say that I’m not tickled about this.”

“Gosh, you’re cute,” Maryanne said, reaching for the radio dial. She tuned to a local station playing rock music, and settled in for the drive.

Milan enjoyed spending time with Maryanne. Maggie Steel’s house was close to Jet’s farm. After their delivery, Milan wrote Jet a message asking him if he was around. Just their luck, Jet was home from school too, so they drove up to the large farmhouse.

Milan hugged Jet hard when they saw each other. He couldn’t help a chuckle when Jet blushed from Maryanne kissing his cheek.

“I’m helping my grandma plant strawberries in the green house. Want to help?” Jet asked.

“Sure,” Milan said, eager to get dirty. It would be his first time planting anything. His mother never allowed him near dirt.

“You’ll have to promise to do my manicure later,” Maryanne said, waving her red nails at them.

“Ask Rowan to do it,” Milan teased her.

“No way, that little warlock will turn them black,” Maryanne protested, as they headed to the green house.

In minutes, Milan’s fingers were sunk deep in optimized soil. He lifted them out, enjoying the texture of the soil running over his skin. Grinning like a crazy man, he sunk his fingers deep again, excited by the feel of touching dirt.

***

Rory found Milan at Jet’s farm. His mate was busy potting strawberries, a smudge of dirt on his cheek as he planted a fragile strawberry seedling into a pot. He looked happy. Excited to be working with Jet and his grandmother, while Maryanne stood a few feet away. She had a plate of strawberries beside her, which she popped into her mouth and chewed with relish.

She winked at him when she saw him walk in. Rory brought his finger to his lips stopping her from alerting Milan to his presence. He came up behind Milan, wrapping his arms around Milan tight, getting a kick out of Milan jumping up in surprise. Rory kissed his cheek, moving his mouth along Milan’s jaw to his neck, leaving a trail of kisses.

“Stop that,” Milan said, his tone amused as he steadied the pot he held. “If you make me break the roots, you’re going to help me plant the next one.”

“Should we take some home?” Rory asked.

“Can we?” Milan asked, looking at him, pleading.

“I don’t know if they can survive the cold outside the green house,” Rory frowned. “We can put them on the kitchen table.”

“Just two pots then,” Milan said. “Then in the summer, we’ll try to plant our own. I’ve never planted anything in my life.”

“Then we’ll plant a summer garden,” Rory said, rocking him from side to side.

“How are Elle and Johan?” Milan asked.

“They're well. They wanted to see you today. Said it was sad I didn’t bring you along,” Rory said, thinking of Elle’s disappointed gaze. She had a real soft spot for Milan.

“Well, I can see them tomorrow if they show up for the town meeting.”

“They will,” Rory said, he had gotten their promise.

Milan finished with the strawberry he was planting and lifted the pot, proud of his work.

“It looks good. We should take this one,” Rory said. “We’ll take care of it together.”

“Like a pet?”

“Yeah, sure. A strawberry plant pet,” Rory said, with a chuckle.

“I can get behind that,” Milan said with a satisfied nod.

“Want to go on a date with me?” Rory asked.

Milan placed his strawberry pot on the worktable and turned in Rory’s arms to look at him. His brown eyes wide with excitement.

“Are you being serious right now?” Milan asked, lifting his dirty fingers up so that he wouldn’t touch Rory’s nice blue sweater.

“Quite,” Rory nodded. “We never got to go out on a date. I want to take you out, Milan.”

Milan smiled, staring at Rory. When he didn’t speak, Rory peered at him, wondering if he had stunned him with the request. A chuckle broke when Milan got up on his toes, cupped his jaw with his muddy hands and kissed him.

It was the sweetest kiss he ever received from Milan, Rory thought as he wrapped his arms around Milan and lifted him against him.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Rory said, when they broke their kiss for a second.

“Yes,” Milan said, smiling hard.

Rory fell a bit more in love with Milan in that second. He couldn’t imagine a moment in his life without Milan Takeda. It just wouldn't be worth living.

***

Yay, so another fluff chapter.  I love these! Let's go on a date next chapter.
My playlist grew a bit more this week too. 
Here's a song that's on repeat at my workstation for you.
Love Me Insane.
Love :wub:
Sui.
(2018) (Lee Suilan)
  • Like 50
  • Love 45
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Lovely! So good to see Milan feeling all better and not being fragile and having to constantly worry about getting sick. Can't wait for the town meeting and the date! ^_^ 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

A most enjoyable chapter with a light hearted sentiment.   Keep in mind these two are still in high school, so I hope the still behave like high school students a bit and aren't too grown up all the time.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

MaryAnne was there for this encounter; but Milan is going to have to learn to stand on his own two feet within this world.  I have a bad feeling about the upcoming town meeting, but we will see  What a truly delightful chapter.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter. Milan is really coming into his own, since he no longer has to worry about being ill. I like his burgeoning confidence, and how that influence his personality and interaction with others. Maryanne is an awesome person, and I'm glad Milan has someone besides Rory to rely on. As for Milan and Rory's relationship, I like how it's developing. Rory really treats Milan as an equal, and somebody who will be a great support for him. Through Milan and his family, the wolves are going to make efforts towards disregarding their prejudice about humans, and being more welcoming towards them in Portento. I'm looking forward to the town meeting and seeing what becomes of rick and Cade Ogawa.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Awesome chapter! The inner workings of the pack are starting to be revealed to Milan, as well as, his role in the futures of the entire pack and community. The pettiness of some members is coming to the forefront. The newness of the relationship between Rory and Milan is inspiring along the lines of intensity and depth of their emotions and love. Milan’s telling Rory that he expects and wants a wedding is too cute! I’m really looking forward to the date next chapter. I’m guessing that these happy “fluff “ chapters will soon be coming to an end, since the town meeting, the swamp community, Rick’s fate, Cade Ogawa’s fate, Nissin’s condition and future, Milan’s being turned and mated to the Alpha, as well as theTakada families future. Rory has a full plate coming up and Milan’s going to be his support as well as a target. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Interesting chapter, I wonder who is going to be the surrogate mother for the boys? 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Milan is good at getting to know people.  He won't feel an outsider for long.  Maryanne is going to be a best buddy.  I liked the way she supported him with Annie.  I also like the way Milan stood up for himself against Annie.  I had to laugh at Milan's insistence on a formal proposal and wedding.  Looking forward to the town meeting.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..