Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,166 Words
  • 7,627 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Morgan Lore - 27. Chapter 27

Welcome to the family.

Snowflakes drifted down, covering the windscreen making it difficult to see ahead. Ilaria sprayed antifreeze, and set the wipers to fast. The road was clear of traffic, it always was in this town. Her heart ached. Loving a brilliant man was hard. Loving children she wished to protect from everything in this world, harder. She swiped her right hand over her eyes when the road blurred because of her tears.

“Mamma, you should let me drive,” Ayu suggested.

“I prefer to driver, Ayu,” Ilaria said.

She needed something to do. Otherwise, her head would explode from all the worry brewing inside her like a storm.

Milan missing from the hospital left her breathless. His bouts of infection were barely under control. Who knew what he had picked up? She had checked the security footage at the hospital and seen Rory carry Milan out of his room. Her son bundled in a heavy dark jacket, his head pressed into Rory’s chest. She refused to acknowledge the fact that Milan had looked willing. She knew Milan. Knew how often he wished he could escape the suffocating nature of his illness, the helplessness of lying on a hospital bed. She knew because there were times she also wished she could take him away.

She was both furious and envious of Rory Morgan’s ability to cut through the constraints. Furious because it could cost Milan his life, and that was just something she could not afford. Milan, her youngest, her baby. She did not ever want to think of putting him in the ground. No mother should bury her child. She wanted so much for Milan. She wanted to see him learn how to build the buildings he dreamed of, and see him travel to places he wanted. Experience everything in the world. She wanted to see him happy, and eventually married to a partner of his choosing. If Rory took that away, she would never forgive him.

Tears filled her eyes again and she swiped them away fast, her foot heavy on the gas pedal as she raced to the Sheriff’s office in town.

Her worry was two-fold. Her dear brilliant husband was in the ICU, installed in a bed right next to Milan’s room. Kiyo lost a lot of blood after suffering deep scratches on his chest from a vicious wolf attack. The paramedics who brought him in said that bastard Rick injured him when he tried to save Nisin. There was nothing to do for him but wait for him to wake up. Seeing Kiyo in a hospital bed felt surreal. Ilaria could barely believe it.

Ilaria slowed down at an intersection, taking a deep breath, it came out harsh. She felt as though she could not breathe. Panic at the thought of losing two people she loved so much left her unable to move.

“Mamma?” Ayu placed his hand on her knee, squeezing tight, bringing her back from a dark corner.

“Ayu,” Ilaria brought the car to a stop and looked at her oldest son. He was a constant. Never complaining, giving up so much for the sake of his little brother. She knew well that he had given up Christina in Turin. How hard that must have been for him. Reaching out, she caressed his jaw and smiled.

“Let’s go back to Turin when we get your brother. We’ll take Papa and Milan to a familiar place. They can both recover near family and people we know. It will be good for all of us.”

“What about Milan?” Ayu asked. “He loves Rory. You’ve seen it. Will it be okay to separate them?”

“Rory knows Milan’s condition and has placed him in danger like this, how can I accept him?” Ilaria shook her head. “No. It is better if we leave. Milan will forget him.”

“What if it is real love?” Ayu asked. “Milan would never forgive us.”

“If we reach Turin, and he gets better and wants to come back,” Ilaria said, determined to get Milan out of this town first. “Then, I’ll help him.”

“Mamma.”

“This is what I feel will be best, Polpetto. I’ve asked Marie to book the flights. I’m doing this for the family.” Ilaria said. “None of us have been happy here anyway. We should leave to forget all the bad things that happened in our house. To Milan. To Papa. This is best.”

Ayu sighed, but he nodded agreeing. Ilaria leaned over and pressed a kiss on his cheek. She settled back in her seat and with a calming breath started driving, headed to the Sheriff’s office.

***

Ilaria walked into the Sheriff’s office followed by Ayu. She stopped when she saw the four men standing in the middle of the room, amid a heated discussion. They all were tall, brawny, and dangerous. She remembered Connor from that first meeting at the hospital. Rory’s father. Yes, she remembered him well. Rory being a werewolf, meant he was one too. Probably the other three too. A small tingle of fear raced up her spine.

The youngest of the four men looked about Rory’s age. His hands were in fists as he faced Connor.

“Rowen’s mom just proved that Rick is responsible for mom and dad’s accident. Why is he being held in custody? Why hasn’t the Alpha killed him? All those who have suffered under Rick need closure. This is not right.”

“Chris, Rory’s seeing to his mate—”

“Then he should have ended Rick’s life in the duel. Rick deserves it. I won’t stand for it.”

“Chris!”

“You shouldn’t either,” Chris said, rounding on a man leaning on the counter. “Lechter, your whole life has turned into a mess because of Rick. Now that you know the Alpha’s mate is a human, do you think it will be easy to get away with all your propaganda? Rory won’t let you breathe another word against humans. Rick screwed you up.”

“Chris, stop this now!” Connor ordered. “I understand you’re angry and this hurts but lashing out will not work for you. Your grievances will be heard as soon as Rory returns.”

“Where is he anyway?” Chris asked.

“Yes,” Ilaria said, gripping Ayu’s arm, her worry for Milan giving her courage. She led Ayu closer to the four men who frightened her. “Where is Rory Morgan? He has my Milan, doesn’t he? I’m here to make a complaint against him.”

“Dr. Ilaria,” Connor said in surprise, staring at her.

“Sheriff,” Ilaria said, her voice shaking. “Are you going to help me find my son?”

“Your son is safe. I’ll take you to him when it’s time,” Connor said.

“So, you know where he is?” Ilaria asked, in surprise. “Tell me, now!”

“The hospital told me you were upset. That you would come here to look for me for help,” Connor said. “Please don’t worry.”

“Don’t worry?” Ilaria stared at Connor in disbelief. “Do you think I’m just worried? My child, who has no immune system to speak of is out of the hospital with your son. I’m not worried, I’m going insane, Mr. Morgan. If you don’t let me see my son in the next few minutes, I will find silver and sink it into your main source of water.” Ilaria stated, her hands in tight fists. “Don’t think I won’t. How dare you people take him from me? How dare you!”

“Dr. Ilaria,” Connor started, his tone meant to calm her. “Why don’t you sit for a minute, so we can figure this out?”

“Don’t manage me,” Ilaria said, vibrating with anger. “If I don’t put eyes on Milan this instant, I’ll skin all the wolves in this town and make wonderful fur coats. I’m quite skilled with a scalpel.”

“Mamma!”

“Hush, Ayu. Your brother needs us and he’s in the hands of a bunch of mutts. Once I get my hands on him, I’m never letting that Rory Morgan near him again.”

Ayu turned to Connor.

“Look, she’ll keep insulting you, until you can’t take it anymore. So make it easy on all of us, and take us to see Milan.”

Connor wiped his hand down his face. Ilaria looked like a wild pixie, her eyes glaring at him as though he was the devil incarnate. He really couldn’t help believing that she would skin them alive. Her clenched hands vibrating. She was afraid of him but she ignored it. She looked on the verge of hitting him.

“Alright,” Connor held up his hands in surrender.

“Where is my son?” Ilaria demanded.

“He is not in the main town. I’ll need to discover how to get to where he is,” Connor said. “Meanwhile, do you think you can sit for two minutes?”

Ilaria started to protest, and Connor lifted his hands to stop her.

“I can’t work while you’re glaring at me like that,” Connor pleaded. “I’ll need to contact someone to get the exact location. It won’t be easy with you hovering.”

“I don’t fucking care.”

“I do,” Connor said, biting back a chuckle.

Ilaria narrowed her gaze at him and he raised his hands again.

“I promise to take you to your son.”

“Don’t lie to me,” Ilaria said, pointing her index finger at him.

“I won’t, I promise.”

“Don’t try to run out of here, I’ll find you,” Ilaria warned.

“I’m shaking in my boots at the thought,” Connor said with a quick grin.

Ilaria hissed at him, then led Ayu to sit at the waiting area.

She broke into rapid Italian as she talked to Ayu. Connor doubted any of what she said was in praise of him.

Connor glanced at Chris, Lechter and Kutler, a brow raised.

“I guess we should make arrangements to get to the Swamp Lands,” Kutler said, grinning at Connor. “She’s not moving from there.”

****

‘Mate.’

The word burst out of Milan. The sense of recognition ran deep, deep down to his soul. Profound awareness of how precious Rory was to him filled his heart. An absolute truth that would never change. He felt as though he had always known Rory was his. It was belonging. Fated. His violenza imperdonabile would be to even think of looking away from Rory, even a second felt unbearable. His heart sped up, and Rory smiled at him.

‘You can hear it?’

‘Yes. I feel it too, that truth coursing through you like magic. You’re breathtaking, Milan.’

Milan blushed and started to sit up, all at once he was aware of his body being free of pain. Fatigue, his constant companion, who had plagued his every waking moment was now gone. It was a load off his shoulders. He could breathe easier, his eyes saw better, his sense of smell keen, so keen…he pulled Rory closer, wrapping his arms around Rory’s shoulders. Milan took a deep whiff and closed his eyes in bliss.

‘You smell like a perfectly balanced tart berry, tangy citrus and cream smoothie. I wanna take a bite. It’s insane how much I want to take a bite out of you, Rory Morgan.’

Rory chuckled again, and wrapped his arms tight around Milan, burying his nose into Milan’s neck.

‘Your scent is of mandarin oranges. You’ve driven me crazy with need since the day I saw you in the gazebo.’

Milan closed his eyes, holding Rory.

‘That feels like years ago.’

‘Mere hours,’ Rory said, holding Milan tighter against him.

Milan smiled into Rory’s shoulder glad for the pressure. It didn’t hurt to be held so tight. It felt liberating. He wanted to be even closer to Rory.

I’ve not had nearly enough time with you, Milan. I want more. Loads more.’

Milan chuckled and licked Rory’s neck, the gesture playful. The resulting wave of need left him trembling in Rory’s arms. He closed his eyes, his fingers tightening into Rory’s shirt.

‘What was that?’

You must know,’ Rory moaned, and kept holding him. Don’t tempt me right now. I’m barely holding myself back. If we were alone, I might have taken you right here, but Grandma Asta is watching us.’

Milan lifted his head from Rory’s shoulder and grinned when he saw Asta studying him with interest. She kept knitting the scarf on her lap. He wondered if she would miss a stitch, but she didn’t miss any.

Cucciolo, he calls you,” Asta said. “Childhood nickname?”

“Yes,” Milan said, smiling at her. “My family has used it forever.”

“What does it mean?” Asta asked, cocking her head to the side, her gaze studying him.

“Little puppy,” Milan then laughed, the sound happy even to his ears. “I guess that is apt now. They must have had a premonition.”

“Little Morgan and Little Puppy,” Asta added, making Milan laugh even more.

“You won’t be laughing when you turn thirty and Grandma Asta is still calling you that,” Rory pointed out, rubbing Milan’s back not ready to let go.

Milan pulled back so that he could look at Rory, still keeping his hands on Rory’s shoulders.

“I wonder when she started calling you Little Morgan.”

“I saw it when he was just a boy,” Asta said, winking at Milan when he looked at her.

“Saw it?” Milan frowned, then bit back a laugh when Asta nodded to Rory’s shorts. “What?”

“Grandma Asta!” Rory shouted at her.

“Who told you to try and compare it to your father’s in front of me?”

“I was six years old.”

“Hence the name, Little Morgan.”

“Enough,” Rory ordered, when Milan started laughing in earnest.

But Milan didn’t stop. It felt good to laugh. Just to laugh, big belly laugh that sent happy tingles through him. He couldn’t remember the last time he had laughed with such abandon.

Rory kissed him and his laugh stopped, replaced by a new feeling. God, if he had known turning into a werewolf would make kissing Rory into a religious experience he would have done it sooner. It felt as though they were kissing for the first time. As though they had done it a million times too. Milan shifted onto Rory’s lap and deepened their kiss, forgetting Grandma Asta, the bed he now knelt on. The insane pain he endured to meet Rory on equal terms. Sinking his fingers into Rory’s hair, eyes closed, Milan indulged and reveled in a kiss that rendered him thoughtless. He might have lived in that state forever.

“Milan Giovanni Takeda, get off that boy this instant!”

His mother’s angry voice pulled him out of a very addictive blissful cloud and had him letting go of Rory, and standing up in shock. He had forgotten all about Ilaria and her fiery temper.

She’s using all my names. How long?’ Milan asked Rory, panic filling him when he saw his mother stalking toward him. Her hair a wild mess around her. She didn’t look as though she had slept a wink.

Almost two days,’ Rory said, getting up to stand beside him. Rory took a step forward, making sure Milan was behind him. ‘I’ll take it. I did this to her. I’ll take her anger.

Milan reached for Rory’s left hand and held on tight, tangling their fingers as Ilaria stopped before Rory.

Ilaria slapped Rory hard before he could speak, the slap rang through the large hall. Milan gasped when he saw the men walking in behind Ilaria take a step forward at the assault.

He let out a relieved breath when Rory waved them to stop.

“I can’t forgive you for this one,” Ilaria said, her eyes filled with tears. “How dare you take him from me? I asked you to leave him in the hospital. Now—”

“Mamma,” Milan started to intervene.

Non, Milan. This is between Rory Morgan and me,” Ilaria said, holding Rory’s gaze. “You’ve broken trust with me. What do you think I should do?”

“I will beg your forgiveness,” Rory said, his voice low, repentant. “I couldn’t take watching him in pain when I knew I could save him.”

“Save him?” Ilaria shook her head and stepped forward, glaring at Rory. “From what? The hospital? From me? Do you know the worry Ayu and I have lived through? Can you understand it?”

Milan moved between her and Rory then because he remembered Rory enduring unimaginable pain with him. Rory going crazy before making that final choice. Tears in Rory’s blue eyes. Their love for him humbled him, Rory’s love and Ilaria’s love, none of it was less than.

He felt lucky to have them, but they needed to love each other too.

“Mamma,” Milan said, letting go of Rory’s hand. He placed a warm hand on Ilaria’s left cheek, and met her stormy gaze. When she started to turn away from him, he cupped her face and leaned in.

“Please look at me. Sto bene, Mamma. Look at me. See me. Tutto bene.”

“Milan.”

“I’m fine, Mamma,” Milan repeated, watching her eyes fill with tears. He pulled her into a tight hug and held her, hoping to fill her with all his new found strength. “I’m alright. Everything is fine, Mamma. You don’t have to worry so much anymore.”

“Milan,” Ilaria cried into his shoulder, holding on to him.

She smelled of sweet flowers, she felt precious in his arms, and Milan rocked her in his arms. He felt Rory’s ache for a mother seep into the edges of their bond. That bond so present, so strong, he couldn’t believe it. Yet, it was a foundation of all that was them. He wanted to explore it more thoroughly. Rory was right, they needed more time alone.

She’ll forgive you,’ Milan sent to Rory. She might throw some dishes at you for a while, but, she’ll forgive you. Even Papa gets vases thrown at him from time to time. It comes with loving Ilaria.’

Rory moved closer to him, so that Milan felt his warmth on his back.

Where are we?’ Milan asked, looking around the large hall.

A place called the Swamp Lands. I’ll explain later.’

You have a tank load to explain.’ Milan reminded him as he kept holding Ilaria.

We have time,’ Rory promised, his tone happy at the thought of the word time. Right now, Mamma is a bit of a mess.

Milan sighed and brushed damp hair from Ilaria’s forehead. Her hair was in tendrils, it needed a wash and a good brushing. He missed the glossy texture it usually had.

“Mamma.”

“Give me a minute,” Ilaria said, reverting to Italian.

She pressed her forehead on his shoulder, and he felt her work at wiping her eyes, and blow her nose with a napkin from her jacket pocket. When she was done, she took in a deep breath and stepped back. With a critical eye, she brought her palm to his forehead. Milan let her knowing refusing it would hurt her. She checked his temperature and nodded when she felt no elevated heat. She reached for the hospital gown he wore, and pulled it to the side to check on his shoulder.

Everyone in the room heard the soft gasp she gave when she found healed skin. No sign of the nasty wound from the knife, or the stitches from his surgery. With reverent fingers, she traced his soft skin and looked up to meet his gaze.

Lastly, Ilaria took his left wrist and checked his pulse with her fingers. She was adept at it, after having done it most of his life. A minute later, she looked to Rory.

“What did you do?” Ilaria asked, her tone clear.

Rory could not lie to her. Milan realized this almost as soon as Ilaria asked her question. His devotion to Milan made it impossible for him to deceive Ilaria.

“I’ve made him one of us,” Rory said, wrapping an arm around Milan’s waist, “because he’s my mate.”

“Your mate?” Ilaria frowned, still holding Milan’s wrist. “Like a partner?”

“Yes, a lifetime partner,” Rory said, his smile infectious.

Milan smiled and turned to find his mother looking at him.

“You agreed to this?” Ilaria asked, her gaze…speculative.

“Of course, Mamma. You know how much I love Rory.”

It was easy to see with his new eyes, the lines of doubt that traced Ilaria’s face. Her eyes fixed with a soft shadow, dampening her joy that he was now healthy and no longer in danger. He should have read relief in her instead, intense worry hit him so hard he stepped back into Rory.

Ilaria nodded, biting her bottom lip, keeping her concerns to herself. Milan wished he could make her speak them aloud. If only to sort out the worry beating down on him. She reached up and cupped his jaw with a gentle hand.

“My baby,” Ilaria said, her tone wistful. “You’re the one to surprise me at every step.”

She took in a deep breath and smiled, though her smile did not reach her eyes.

She’s not happy,’ Milan lamented to Rory. Why is she sad?

We’ll find out together,’ Rory assured him.

Milan took comfort in that word, ‘together’. Rory was a rock, unshaken and immovable standing by him. He made Milan believe there was no problem they could not solve together.

Ilaria patted his cheek, then took a step back, taking in a deep breath.

“Papa is in the hospital,” Ilaria said. “I was worried about you, so I came out looking. Now that you seem fine, we must get back, Cucciolo. The doctors are waiting to let us know what’s next.”

“What?” Milan gasped.

“They say he was injured by Rick as he tried to save Nisin,” Ilaria explained, her voice trembling with stress. “I haven’t had a clear minute to think since he came in, and you disappeared. I needed to find you first, then now go back and watch over him.”

“Oh God,” Milan wrapped his arms around Ilaria. “I’ll go with you to the hospital.”

“Milan—,” Rory started.

My family needs me, Rory. Papa needs me,’ Milan sent to Rory, the private plea coming easy. He found this intimate form of connection easier with Rory. Don’t stop me.

Rory sighed, letting go of Milan with hesitation.

“I’ll take you back,” Rory said, looking at Ilaria, his gaze pleading with her.

Ilaria held on to Milan, frustration filling her when she looked at Rory. It was so clear in her eyes, Milan once again wondered why his mother was reacting this way.

“You should change,” Rory said to Milan, touching the hospital gown he still wore

Milan glanced down at his attire and agreed with Rory.

“I had clothes brought from your house for you,” Rory said. “So that you’ll be comfortable.”

Milan kissed Ilaria’s cheeks.

“I’ll be right back, Mamma. We’ll go to Papa together. Where’s Ayu?”

“Outside, everyone thought it would be easier if I saw you first,” Ilaria said.

“Oh,” Milan frowned glancing at the four men standing by the door. He didn’t recognize them.

One of them looked like Rory. The other two watched him with expectations. The last man stared at him with a mix of anxiety and dislike.

Milan stilled.

He could not help wondering what he truly knew about Rory’s life. What did he know about this man he now couldn’t live without? The thought shook him.

Don’t panic on me baby. Step by step, let’s get changed first,’ Rory assured him, squeezing his shoulders. As for those men watching you, they are just worried about you. They stare because they are eager to meet you.

Stop making fun of me.

‘I’m not,’ Rory said, directing him toward the door. “Grandma Asta, please look out for Ilaria and Ayu. Make sure they get something warm to drink.”

“Of course, Alpha,” Asta said, getting up and placing her knitting on the stool she had been using. She walked to Ilaria and pulled her into a warm hug.

Milan turned to see his mother holding on to Asta like one might cling to a tree in a storm. The world was turning upside down for Ilaria. It hurt to see her so shaken.

***

Elle showed Rory and Milan into her house, taking Milan to a neat bedroom with a bath so that he could freshen up. While Milan took a quick shower, Rory used a smaller bath just off the laundry room to wash up too. Splashing water on his face, he looked up into the mirror. Like Milan, he spotted subtle changes, his hair longer, the stubble on his jaw more, he felt stronger.

Most of all, he was glad that he now had Milan. His mate recognized him, saw him and knew they belonged. They would sort out the rest in time. Rory smiled in the mirror, happy.

He finished washing up, eager to get Milan alone sooner.

“Rory,” Connor said, when he entered Elle’s living room fifteen minutes later and found him perched on the arm of a couch.

Rory was waiting for Milan to finish his shower. He could feel Milan’s need for time alone, so he sat here, waiting: forcing himself to wait. Arms crossed against his chest as though it would help restrain him in place. He was glad for the distraction when Connor walked in.

“Dad.”

“Congratulations,” Connor said, coming to pat his shoulder. “Your mate is handsome.”

Rory grinned, proud to call Milan his too.

“His mother is one tough woman,” Connor said, sitting on the wooden coffee table, shaking his head. “She walked into the sheriff’s office ready to tear my head off if I didn’t help her find Milan. She’s going to be one heck of a mother in-law.”

Rory smiled. “I can’t wait.”

Connor chuckled then.

“How bad is Kiyo?” Rory asked, and watched his father sober up fast.

“It’s a werewolf injury on a human not mated with one of us,” Connor shook his head. “Unless he wants to live like Lloyd, there is no cure.”

Rory closed his eyes, afraid of the thought of Milan in grief. One thing he knew was that no matter the differences Milan had with his father, the love existed. Kiyo’s death would devastate Milan.

“We have to find a way to save him,” Rory murmured. “Ask Rowen’s mother for help.”

“We might need to ask Iris,” Connor said, also folding his arms against his chest. “Sage checked him out and her skill set can’t help him.”

“Iris,” Rory sighed. “Only Grandma Asta knows where she lives. She doesn’t let anyone else that close.”

“Then talk to Grandma Asta before you leave,” Connor said. “As for you, the council needs your attention. They need a decision on Rick. Holding him in lockup is not helping anyone.”

“What did Rowen’s mom find out?”

“Rick did murder your mother, my sister and brother in-law,” Connor said, anger clear in his voice. “I can’t look at him without wanting him dead. With sanctuary talking to you, I figured there was a reason why you needed him alive. It’s not easy holding off Chris and Lechter from killing Rick.”

Rory nodded, and stared at his boots.

“I kept him alive for these people in the Swamp Lands,” Rory said. “Other than the crimes against The Morgan, Rick has made these people suffer. All because Sanctuary led Rosemary Lechter into the swamp lands for safety. Rick couldn’t get through, so he worked at terrifying them by killing children when they wandered into the swamp. They need closure. I want to pull them back into the fold and the only way to do that is to have them invited into the council. Have them resolve their long standing grievances.”

Connor nodded.

“I didn’t know there were so many. So many souls living out here. How did you know?”

“The records in the attic,” Rory said, looking up at his dad. “I thought I would not be the only Alpha to have gotten a human mate. I found records of the McRieves that stopped in the eighteen hundreds. Matt and Topher helped me reach out to them. There is unknown deep history here. History we need to know and understand. I think we can use some of it to resolve Lechter’s prejudice.”

Connor sighed.

“I have been complacent,” Connor said. “My duty to this town failing. The only time I heard Sanctuary was when a challenge came. Those times I heard her clear and sound. I can’t believe there were people living in fear in Portento. That’s not supposed to happen.”

He heard me during a challenge because we wanted the same thing at the same time,’ Sanctuary murmured in Rory’s head. Other times, his grief shut me out. Though I know his heart filled with joy when he looked at you.’

“Dad.”

Rory placed a hand on Connor’s shoulder. He met Connor’s gaze, needing him to know that he understood. Losing Milan would send him to his knees, crawling in the dirt until he died too. He knew because watching Milan writhe in pain had just about done it. He didn’t ever want to live through anything like that again.

Yet, Connor had lived through worse, and still done the best he could for the town, for him and Chris.

“I’ll need your help, Dad,” Rory said. “I don’t know half of what I’m supposed to do now that I’m Alpha. I thought I was ready, but as I walked into that courtyard to fight Rick, I realized that it felt too soon. I feel overwhelmed already.”

Connor sat up then, his shoulders straight. Rory smiled.

“Anything you need, Rory.”

“Thank you,” Rory squeezed Connor’s shoulder.

You don’t need help,’ Milan teased in his head, and he glanced up to see Milan standing by the bedroom door. I can feel how capable you are, Rory. You’re looking forward to the challenge of it all. You just said that because you’re afraid for him.’

Rory stood and held out his right hand for Milan. Milan walked up to him, taking his hand, smiling when Rory pulled him into his arms.

He’s my dad. Even after all these years, he is still grieving for mom. Involving him will distract him. I’m going to introduce you to him now. Ready?

Milan clutched Rory’s hand tight as he turned to face Connor.

‘Ready.’

“Dad, I’d like you to meet Milan Takeda, my mate.”

Connor stood too, looking at Milan, his expression warm. Their meeting was overdue, Rory had meant for Connor to meet Milan before the change. But this worked too.

“Milan, this is my dad, Connor Morgan.”

“Nice to meet you,” Milan said, holding out his right hand to Connor. A beautiful smile on his lips, it made Rory want to kiss him.

Connor took Milan’s hand, shook it, and then pulled him out of the security of Rory’s arms. Rory let go of Milan and watched his father hold Milan in a tight hug.

“I welcome you to my family, Milan,” Connor said, meeting Rory’s gaze. “Thank you for making my son so happy.”

***

Hi!!!!
I've updated this weekend. Sorry for missing last week, I was overcome by some events.
I'm excited for the next chapter. I hope you are too as Milan wolf's out and gets to make a choice between families.
wink. wink.
Cheers,
Sui.
(2018) (Lee Suilan)
  • Like 36
  • Love 59
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you for another awesome chapter. And about the missed update, we all know life happens, so we appreciate the time you take to write such a great story. Also, before that, you had hit us with two updates back-to-back, so that made up for it. Although, I do look forward to reading a chapter each weekend.

 

This chapter started out with a bang. Ilaria was on a mission to find her precious son, and she was willing to whop some ass. Even if those asses were some big strapping men. I liked how even though she threatened them with death and being skinned, they seemed to admire her courage and love for her son. She made a good impression on them. Milan's family will make the shifters have a better relationship with  humans, because they're such a good example of humanity. Also, I liked how she called them mutt, and they were more amused than offended. I would think the greatest insult to a wolfshifter, is being compared to a dog. 

 

As for Milan's dad, his prognosis of recovering doesn't look too bright. I hope this elusive Iris will be able to help. Milan and his family would be devastated if they were to lose Kiyo. It seems like Milan is now able to decipher someones true feelings rather than what they're actually saying. Case in point, when he was talking to Ilaria. I hope he finds out what's troubling her about Milan and his mating with Rory. Also, I can see the change in Milan already. There's strength behind his voice, and his baring is more confident. I can see his potential to be a great alpha mate and a support for Rory. Rory is gonna be a great alpha. He was able to make his dad feel useful and needed after losing his alpha status. Besides that, he now knows the strength his father has, and his love for him, that allowed him to keep on living after losing his soul-bonded mate. Also, him not killing Rick, and instead saving him so the swamp wolves can be apart of the decision on his sentence was a great idea. That will  be a sign for them, that they're considered a part of the Portento pack.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter.:thankyou::2thumbs::heart:

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, bookjunky18 said:

I hope he finds out what's troubling her about Milan and his mating with Rory.

I think she’s happy he’s well, but upset because she wanted to run back to Italy with her whole family — and she sees Milan is more tied to Rory and Portento than ever.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Thank you for continuing with your first rate writing and this wonderful story! In spite of the questions remaining, this was a most satisfying chapter. There is no need for you to end this story a time soon. I bet most readers will agree when I say, "As long as you continue to write about Milan and Rory, I will continue to read." I love Milan and his strength, even when he was sick. And I know I've mentioned more than once that Rory is one of those heroes that has a special place in my heart. Thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Llaria was like a Tasmanian Devil going after Connor.  I am glad Milan got her to calm down before she got started on Rory.  Kiyo is in grave danger after protecting Nisan from Rick.  I honestly hope he will get well.  His only sin was to be so focused on saving Milan he fell into a bad situation.  It seems so unfair that he should suffer after all he has sacrificed.  I also wonder how long it will take for Nisin and his mate to do what Rory and Milan have done. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..