Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 1,239 Words
  • 18,978 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Noah's New Plan - 16. Chapter 16

“You know I don’t need a gun to kill you, right?” Eli glared at Derek. God, he hated this asshat with a passion. Only an asshole would show up at a place like the Buckle wearing a suit and a trench coat, while brandishing a checkbook like money could solve the world’s problems. “Put your fucking checkbook away before I shove it up your ass.”

“I’m looking out for Noah’s best interests. I know what he needs and it’s not you.”

“What do you know of Noah’s needs? You tossed him aside like garbage.”

Derek scoffed. “I’ve known Noah for twenty years. Someone like you isn’t good enough for him. He’ll come to the realization soon enough.” To accentuate his words, Derek looked Eli up and down, his lip curled up as if he smelled something rotten.

Rex strolled up, eyeing Derek suspiciously. “Is there a problem here?”

“He was just about to leave.” Eli reached for Derek’s arm, but the man stepped back and left on his own.

* * * *

Eli decided not to mention his encounter with Derek to Noah. He set the box he carried with the other boxes in Noah’s new living room. He watched Noah standing at the window, staring down at the street below.

Noah had been quiet and preoccupied all morning. After getting caught in bed last weekend, Noah bumped up his timeline for the move into his new apartment. It was a big change, moving into a new place after twenty years. This place wasn’t so bad, but it was a definite step down from the fancy condo Noah used to live in.

Eli came up behind Noah and placed his hands on the man’s shoulders. Noah flinched at the initial contact, but quickly relaxed back against Eli’s body.

“You okay?” Eli asked softly.

Noah shrugged.

“I know it’s scary, moving and all… it’s for the best. Getting your independence, cutting that final tie with your ex, will do wonders. You’ll see.”

Noah shook his head. “No. That’s not it. I was just thinking… Christmas is this week.”

Eli wrapped his arms around Noah’s chest and hugged him tight. “After we get your stuff settled, how about we get a tree and decorate it?”

“That would be nice.” Noah was silent for several moments. His body started to tremble and he finally whispered, “I’ve never been alone on Christmas before.”

Jesus. The man was breaking Eli’s heart. He didn’t say anything, he just held Noah tighter.

“I don’t have any family left. Derek chased away all my friends years ago.”

Eli pressed a kiss on Noah’s neck while sending some extra hate to Derek. “Derek didn’t chase away all your friends. You got me, and I’m not going anywhere. You’re gonna spend Christmas day with me and my family. Then we’ll spend the night together. Here or at my place. Whatever you want.”

Noah shook his head. “I don’t want to intrude. Your family doesn’t even know me.”

“Now’s a good time as any to meet them.”

“I don’t know…”

Eli didn’t want to push Noah because he knew that would only make the skittish man retreat. But he didn’t want to give him too much time to think either, because then he’d start making those damned lists in his head. “We can talk about it later. How about we get what you need put away, then we can go and get a tree? How does that sound?” Eli pressed a kiss on top of Noah’s head.

Noah turned around to look at Eli, his pretty brown eyes glassy. He gave a nod and the smallest of smiles. “That sounds nice. I think a tree and some lights will liven this place up.”

“That’s the spirit.”

As Eli leaned his head down, Noah lifted his chin and closed his eyes. Eli kissed him tenderly, hoping that Noah could tell how he felt.

* * * *

Noah couldn’t remember the last time he had so much fun. Certainly not while decorating a Christmas tree.

He had purchased a pre-lit artificial tree as well as new decorations. Since the lights on the tree were white, Noah chose blue and silver ornaments to compliment them. He wasn’t about to decorate it with ornaments collected over the past twenty years with Derek, so he had to buy new ones.

The tree looked really good.

Noah was able to forget about being sad. He was so embarrassed for nearly breaking down in sobs earlier in front of Eli. What a loser he must have looked like. But then Eli invited him to spend Christmas with him. Was that even a good idea? Was it too soon? Wouldn’t that move them from the casual column, straight to serious?

He didn’t want to think about that. Instead, he was going to concentrate on decorating and having fun.

How could he not have fun? They had found a station on Noah’s Internet radio that was playing Christmas music. Eli had heated up some hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and a candy cane for added flavor. The minty chocolate smell wafted through the small apartment, adding to the wintry holiday feel.

He had all the ingredients for a good time.

And then there was Eli…

The man was wearing a Santa hat. Noah didn’t think it was possible to look undeniably stupid while at the same time looking undeniably hot.

But there he was.

Standing on a step ladder, the big man was stringing lights across the living room windows. He had taken off his shirt, wearing a tank undershirt that showed off his muscled inked-up arms, his wide back and big shoulders.

“So, what do you think?”

“Hmm?” Noah lifted his eyes from Eli’s crotch.

Eli raised an eyebrow. “I’m talking about the lights, not your Christmas package.” He rested a hand on his junk, then gave it a slight lift.

Noah blushed and looked away. Not knowing what else to say, he mumbled, “You look dumb in that hat.”

“You want me to take it off?” He grabbed the white poofy ball end and started to lift the Santa hat straight up off his head. He let the hat drop back on his head and then reached for his belt buckle. “Or maybe you want me to take this off?”

Noah tried not to laugh. “Whatever.”

Eli chuckled as he unlocked the ladder. His biceps flexed as he lifted it up and carried it over to the front door.

“Here we go.” Eli hit the light switch next to the door and the overhead light went off.

The room was bathed in white twinkling lights. The tree was gorgeous. The window was beautiful.

Noah could look past the wall of boxes that needed to be unpacked and could actually see a home.

Eli came up from behind and wrapped his arms around him. Noah leaned back against the man’s big body. Eli leaned his head down and the poofy end of his Santa cap hit Noah on the nose.

Noah giggled.

Eli’s beard tickled the outer shell of Noah’s ear. His warm lips found that exact spot under his ear. “Merry Christmas, baby.”

In that moment, standing in the twinkling lights, Noah forgot all about lists and plans and lived in the now.

And in that now was a man who cared about him enough to do all of this, just for him.

Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 55
  • Love 29
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sweet chapter :hug: Eli is so good to Noah and treats him so nicely. Why is Derek bothering Eli? Does he want Noah back or does he just want Noah to be alone? Derek is so creepy :/ I hope Noah accepts Eli´s invitation and won´t be alone at Christmas, that would be so sad.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

What a great chapter, Rob!

 

That Derek is such an ass. He has some nerve thinking he can 'buy' Eli.

 

Noah is so lucky he has Eli. One of the worst things about a break-up is that you're alone for the holidays unless you spend them with family or friends and that's not always possible. I'm glad Noah will be with Eli.

 

Merry Xmas, Rob! :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I just discovered this story and am totally captivated by Noah and Eli's adventures.  Loved this chapter a lot!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/25/2013 at 10:13 AM, Suvitar said:

Sweet chapter :hug: Eli is so good to Noah and treats him so nicely. Why is Derek bothering Eli? Does he want Noah back or does he just want Noah to be alone? Derek is so creepy :/ I hope Noah accepts Eli´s invitation and won´t be alone at Christmas, that would be so sad.

I hope so too.

Link to comment

Christmas lights make any house look nice. Om glad they did this and that Noah will be with Eli at Christmas. He needs to reconnect with family and old friends. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..