Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 914 Words
  • 17,488 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Noah's New Plan - 23. Chapter 23

With a lull in library traffic, Noah took the opportunity to grab his planner. Standing at the counter, he opened the notebook to a new page. At the top of the page he wrote:

Eli's Valentine Plan

As he racked his brain over what he wanted to do, he chewed on the end of his pen. Realizing what he was doing, he pulled the pen free, then began tapping his bottom lip with the still wet instrument.

His thoughts were interrupted by the tinkling chimes of his cell phone. Noah looked at the screen and groaned.

"Hello?" He answered, trying to bite back an exasperated sigh.

"Noah. The realtor is showing the house tonight at six. I won't be able to make it. I'd like you to be there."

"Derek, I have plans."

"This is important. I need you."

Noah let out another exasperated sigh. "Fine."

* * * *

When Noah unlocked the door and entered his old place, it felt so strange. Despite the fact that he'd lived here for twenty years, this condo was almost unfamiliar.

Cold.

Lonely.

The tiny little apartment he'd been in for the past couple months was more of a home than this place had been for a very long time.

Noah walked through the condo, making sure it was presentable for the showing. When the realtor arrived with a young couple, Noah gave them his friendliest smile.

"Please make yourselves at home," he said. "I'll be around if you have any questions."

They were a young couple. The young lady gushed over the place, especially the kitchen. Her husband seemed to want to make her happy; he agreed with everything she said.

Noah hoped they would be happy here if they ended up buying the place.

After about an hour, the realtor thanked Noah, then left with the couple.

Noah checked his phone. He still had plenty of time to make it to Eli's place. When Noah told him about Derek's "request," he could tell Eli was annoyed, but the man didn't say anything. Instead they made plans to meet at Eli's. They'd order take-out and stay in. That sounded really good to Noah. Curling up on the sofa and watching a movie would be perfect.

Just as Noah was about to lock up, the door opened and Derek stepped in. Closing the door behind him, he pulled off his trench coat and hat, then hung them on the coat rack by the door.

"How did the showing go?" he asked.

"Fine. The realtor said she'd be in touch."

"Good." Derek let out a soft breath as his eyes drifted around the room. "It's a shame... We had a lot of good memories here."

"I suppose," Noah answered noncommittally.

"Don't be like that." Derek moved closer to Noah. "Things weren't always bad. You were happy here once."

"Yeah, well, I was blind... in denial..."

"It's that gorilla you've been... dating." He said the word like it tasted foul. "I don't understand what you see in that man. He's beneath you."

"Eli treats me well... He loves me. He loves me for who I am."

Noah realized then what a mistake it was not telling Eli how he felt. He was in love with the man. He should've told him. Eli had told him more than once, and each time Noah had been silent.

"He doesn't really love you, Noah. He'll never love you the way I did."

"God, I hope not. The way you loved me included you fucking other men behind my back."

Derek frowned. "You picked up that language from him. He's a bad influence." He reached up and brushed Noah's hair over the top of his ear. "Your hair is nice this color. The darker shade is growing on me."

Noah jerked his head away. "Don't." He stepped back, bumping against the wall. Nervously, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

A little smile ghosted across Derek's face. "I remember the first time I kissed you. You were so nervous, you kept fiddling with your glasses. I had to take them off." Derek reached for Noah's glasses, but Noah moved away.

"Quit it."

Derek moved his arms to either side of Noah's head, boxing him in.

"I remember the first time we made love. You were so scared, it being your first time, but you told me you loved me. You so wanted to please me."

Before Noah could react, Derek pinned him to the wall. He kissed Noah, hard, pushing his tongue into the smaller man's mouth.

Noah pressed against Derek's chest as hard as he could, but the man was strong. He began to panic as Derek's body started to grind against his.

The front door suddenly opened and Derek finally backed off.

Noah looked over Derek's shoulder to find Eli standing there, his hand still on the doorknob.

"The fuck!"

The man was fuming, his rage completely undisguised. His face had gone beet red, his fist clenched at his side while the other looked as if it was going to rip the knob clean off the door.

Eli opened his mouth, then shut it. Without a word, he turned and walked out, slamming the door behind him so hard the frame rattled.

Noah shoved Derek as hard as he could and ran after Eli. It was all a horrible misunderstanding. He couldn't lose Eli, not like this.

He threw open the front door.

"Eli! Wait!"

Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 45
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yes, yes,,yes i was wondering if you would be posting this week.

After the last chapter i wanted to know what noah was gonna do for valentin's day with eli and i was not expecting Mr Evil Ex to be back so soon in the picture and to ruin it the way he did.

I really hope eli will listen to noah and that noah will tell him how he really feel about him and their relation and that at the end they will be able to work things out and get ride off the evil ex (to live happily ever after obviously lol)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh that s.o.b. Derek! It I didn't know any better I would have said he planned this. Wait, maybe he did! Maybe he called Eli and set it up where Eli would barge in right when Derek had Noah trapped. The s.o.b.

 

Now Eli's gonna think Noah was cheating on him and arrange to meet Derek there just for that purpose.

 

I hope Eli listens to reason when Noah tries to talk to him. Noah needs to tell Eli how he feels. I just hope Eli doesn't think Noah's confessing is feelings just b/c he caught him with Derek. I hope he knows Noah really means it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Fucking asshole!!! He knew Eli was coming!! Ahhh!!! You seriously need to throw us a bone here and post the next chapter soon!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nooooooooo!

 

I know Noah is a total shy basket case, but cant he have just a little bit of back bone?? The good old knee to nuts action??!!

 

Derek is an asshole and should have his lips ripped off his face! Come on Eli....... what about a little action instead of walking away?

 

Cant wait for next chapter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

you are so great , first with Timber pack , then with The Davis brothers now this

im addicted ... oh I love preacher son too

x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/21/2018 at 8:24 PM, danield said:

I HATE cliffhangers.  Thankfully, I won't have to wait to find out what happened.  Whew!

Hahaha I hear you man, I really hear you; nowadays I only read stories that are complete not to trigger my stress levels but then I miss taking part of the discussions in the comments and the forums...you can’t have it all I guess😔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/19/2014 at 9:16 AM, Quiet man said:

Totally agree. Hope Noah will have a good talk with Eli, and Eli will listen

I really hope so. 🙏 

Link to comment
On 2/25/2014 at 2:57 AM, M Gabriel said:

you are so great , first with Timber pack , then with The Davis brothers now this

im addicted ... oh I love preacher son too

x

They're all great stories. 

Link to comment

I've said it before. And I'll say it again. This time with a bit more passion...

Spoiler

Derek is a fucking asshole!!!

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..