Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 930 Words
  • 18,189 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Noah's New Plan - 18. Chapter 18

Noah frosted the cinnamon rolls, humming softly as he drizzled the sweet glaze over the tops. The smell of the freshly backed pastries filled his small apartment, and brought a smile to Noah's face.

The tips of his fingers stung as he picked up one of the hot rolls and set it on a plate. He blew on his fingers, then snagged three more.

Noah carried the plate into his bedroom.

Eli lay in Noah's bed still asleep. The sheet and comforter covered the lower half of his perfect body. Noah found himself mesmerized by the patterns of hair on his muscular chest and belly. Even the man's myriad of tattoos were fascinating. It was something he'd never found attractive before. The same with Eli's shaved head and beard.

Perhaps his tastes were evolving. He certainly found Eli attractive. Maybe there was more to it than just physical attraction...

"Are those for me?"

Eli watched Noah through heavy eyes.

"Freshly made."

"Mmm. Breakfast in bed." Eli lifted the covers, beckoning Noah join him.

As Noah slid into the bed, he couldn't help but sneak a peek at Eli's crotch. The man's thick penis lay flaccid against his thigh. Noah found his mouth watering, and it wasn't from the cinnamon rolls.

Noah and Eli sat back against the headboard, snuggled up together. They enjoyed their breakfast in comfortable silence. Except for the sounds of Eli's happy humming and lip-smacking.

Derek never had time for snuggling or breakfast in bed, even when their relationship was new and exciting.

Leaning against Eli's shoulder, he ate his cinnamon roll.

He wasn't so sure if this was something he wanted to get used to...

But it sure was nice.

* * * *

"Have a nice afternoon, Mrs. Roberts."

Noah handed the woman the copy of Fifty Shades of Gray she'd put on hold. He tried to balance his smile with the urge to laugh. He'd always thought of her as a stuffy old bat. Maybe after reading a few chapters of the book, she'd loosen up a little.

He loaded up the cart with the returns and set it aside for Nicholas.

"Noah. I need to speak with you."

Noah closed his eyes and sighed. He really didn't want to talk to Derek right now. The last time he saw his ex was the morning Derek caught him in bed with Eli. That was a memory he absolutely did not want to re-live.

"I'm a little busy at work, Derek."

Derek looked around the library. There were a few people reading and a couple of people using the computers, but it was mostly empty. He turned back to Noah and shot him an annoyed look. "Busy. Right. Have one of your kids man the desk."

Noah grit his teeth together. He spoke quietly, trying to be discreet. "Stop telling me what to do. I may not be some high-paid attorney, but I still have a job to do here."

"I indulged you for far too--" Derek stopped mid-sentence. He plastered that smile on his face. The fake one that Noah hated. "I'm not here to argue with you."

"Noah?" Nicholas walked up to the counter, giving Derek a withering glare. "Do you need help."

"No, Nicholas. I'm fine. I'll be in my office."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Noah turned to Derek. "Come on. Before I change my mind."

As Noah led Derek away, Nicholas called out. "If you're not back in five minutes, I'm calling Eli."

* * * *

"What are you doing with that man?"

"Eli?" Noah leaned back against his desk. "We're dating."

Derek shook his head in disgust. "I can't believe you let him touch you. He's a filthy animal."

"You don't even know him. I'd appreciate it if you left him out of this."

Derek began to pace the floor. "I don't want you seeing that man."

Noah's mouth dropped. Who did Derek think he was, telling Noah who he could or could not see. He lost that right when he walked out. "You don't get a say in who I see."

"I'm only looking out for you. I know what's best for you. I was the one who took care of you."

"Maybe. And maybe I let you. But I'm on my own now. I make my own decisions. Are you jealous?"

"Jealous? Ha. Don't make me laugh."

"You are jealous."

"Why would I be jealous of that piece of trash?"

"First of all, he's not trash. He's a kind, generous man. He lets me be myself, and he likes me for who I am. He cares about me, about my feelings..."

He loves me.

Noah didn't say the words, but as he thought about Eli, he knew it to be true.

Derek snorted. "He's a man. The only reason he sticks around is because you're an easy lay."

The jerk was just trying to provoke him, but Noah wasn't going to take the bait. "That only proves you know nothing about the man."

Derek's face went red and he pointed his finger at Noah's face. "I don't want you seeing him!"

"Well, I didn't want you screwing what's-his-face while we were still together. I guess neither of us gets what we want."

Derek stopped and stared Noah down. "You've changed."

"I suppose." Noah reached up and adjusted his glasses.

"Not just the glasses, or your hair. Your attitude. You've developed quite a mouth."

"Thank you."

"That wasn't a compliment."

"I know." Noah walked to his door and opened it. "Now get out of my office."

Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 49
  • Love 14
  • Haha 16
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just wake up to find a new chapter from you: best way to start my day, i've got to say.

So now i'm doing the happy dance because... Noah finally grow a pair!!

He finally face Derek, the evil ex, and told what he think of him. I've gotta say he take his time boy, but he did it! And, and he know that Eli love him, he's not telling himself anymore that it just for fun because Eli he's not for him, but he comes to the conclusion that what h wants for himself, his needs have changed and that Eli fulfill them.

Can't wait to see what Derek will try next to separate our two love birds, so keep writting because that great!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wonderful chapter :thumbup:

Good for Noah for standing up for himself. Absolutely brilliant how he wouldn´t take any nonsense from Derek. And why does Derek keep coming back? And thinks he can still order Noah? He must be very delusional thinking he can still give orders and opinions to Noah. Eli and Noah are so sweet together :wub:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like how you are developing Noah, he is maturing and gaining independence and assurance while still wholly recognizable as the same character. Thanks for a great story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

oh my god, that piece of shit is something else. I no longer feel protective of Noah, my baby can take care of himself. I am now going to get some sugar from the Timber's again. What is it about your stories that makes me feel good. I love the cover of Preacher's son. Every time I want to feel gooey I call it a cubby day, and my daughter says oh my god where is my dad. She prefers her dad to mum. We do not celebrate mothers day because her mum is so butch, even her boyfriend is fem. I tried telling her he might be gay, like her first boyfriend, she does not care, she thinks it's funny, yes I have told the hag she could be gay,.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

*Crawls out of hiding for a brief moment* I am so proud of Noah. I wanted to cheer and clap when he stood up to Derek. I can't wait to see what Derek tries next. I really want Noah to find out that Derek tried to give Eli money to go away... and that Eli refused. This is a fun ride you're taking me on, Rob. :2thumbs: *Dives back into my hiding place*

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good for Noah for putting that asswipe Derek in his place!! Who the f does Derek think he is to boss Noah around and tell him who he can and can't see. What a pompous ass.

 

Great chapter, Rob! :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Derek is jealous! Derek is jealous! :music:

I think Derek wants Noah back, on Derek's terms of course. Derek probably demands that all interactions be on his terms, and he's not used to "No". :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yay Noah!! (doing the happy happy joy joy dance) Derek has an ego the size of the Pacific, doesn't he? He has a "I don't want you and I don't want anyone else to have you and You should be pining away for me" attitude. Bastard!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Let me add to the chants of the fans saying 'you go, Noah! You tell him!'

great chapter. I hope Noah realizes he loves Eli back. I loved Nicholas saying he'd call Eli if he didn't come out soon! lol I love 'Noah's kids.' :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 1/8/2014 at 6:36 PM, Rndmrunner said:

I like how you are developing Noah, he is maturing and gaining independence and assurance while still wholly recognizable as the same character. Thanks for a great story.

He really is coming into his own. Its great to see. 

Link to comment
On 1/9/2014 at 8:38 AM, knotme said:

Derek is jealous! Derek is jealous! :music:

I think Derek wants Noah back, on Derek's terms of course. Derek probably demands that all interactions be on his terms, and he's not used to "No". :P

He certainly isn't used to No and I think Noah's No will make him want our guy even more. What a cliche Derek is. 

Link to comment
On 1/10/2014 at 12:40 AM, BlackArrow said:

"Now get out of my office"...the best dismissal ever!!!So proud of Noah!

He did good. 

Link to comment

I'm so glad Noah is standing up for himself.

I bet he could change a tyre now. 😆 🤣 😂 

Link to comment

Yep. Derek's definitely an asshole. I just hope (probably for his own safety) that he doesn't become a dangerous one.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..