Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 1,077 Words
  • 19,000 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Noah's New Plan - 17. Chapter 17

Noah's knees felt weak with every step he took. He nearly dropped the platter of cookies not once, but twice.

One would have thought he was walking to the electric chair, and not to the home of his boyfriend's parents.

He'd planned on bowing out, but Eli wouldn't have it. The man had showed up at his house after work yesterday, then spent the night at his place.

In truth, Noah didn't want to be alone on Christmas day, but he also felt strange about spending the day with Eli's family. He didn't know if they were really at a stage in their relationship where they should be meeting family.

Noah spent Christmas Eve baking and decorating sugar cookies. Cut in holiday shapes, Noah iced each one, making sure they were precise and perfect. He chose the best of the batch to bring with them.

The rest of them Eli had devoured as they sat on the couch and watched A Christmas Story. It wasn't one of Noah's favorite holiday movies, but Eli loved it. He watched it every year, he said.

"Hey." Eli shuffled the gifts he carried to one arm. The other hand moved to the back of Noah's neck. "You got nothing to worry about, babe."

"Yeah." Noah blew out a breath. He looked at the stack of presents on Eli's arm. "I should have bought gifts for your parents."

"Don't worry about it. The cookies are plenty."

"Am I under-dressed?"

Under his coat, Noah wore khakis and a blue argyle sweater vest over a pink button-down shirt.

Eli laughed. "Babe, I'm wearing jeans and a flannel shirt. You make me look like a bum."

Noah smirked. "Yeah, at least you're not wearing your 'sorry ladies, I like dick' or your 'choking hazard' shirt."

Eli pushed open the front door, and held it open for Noah. Noah stepped into the house, and immediately wanted to turn around.

"Eli!"

An older woman met them at the door. Slightly plump, she had rosy cheeks, and brown hair. This could only be Eli's mother. Noah saw where he got his eyes from. She had the same dark eyes as her son.

She hugged Eli, kissing him on the cheek. With an enormous grin on her face, she looked at Noah, fixing her hair and smoothing down her shirt. "Introduce me."

"Mom, this is Noah Anderson. Noah, is my mother, Sheila Holmes."

Noah pushed his glasses up his nose and tried to give his friendliest smile. "It's nice to meet you, ma'am." He held out his hand, but Sheila bypassed it, going straight for a hug.

"I am so glad to finally meet you," she said, not letting Noah go.

Finally? Had Eli been talking about him to his parents? And for how long?

"You, too." Noah patted her back and after another moment, she finally let go.

"John!" she called out. "Eli is here."

The house was filled with life. Not only were delicious smells wafting throughout, it sounded like the home was full of people. He could hear people talking and laughing. Noah hadn't realized there would be so many relatives here. He glanced over at Eli, who had a big, goofy grin on his face.

"Thank you for having me," Noah offered. "I made these for you." He held up the tray of cookies.

"Oh, you shouldn't have."

"Hey, bro." A man rushed by, chasing a toddler.

"That's my brother, Jack," Eli explained. "I lose track of which kid that was. He's got too many."

Sheila smacked Eli's arm. "Don't mind him. Come on in." She took the gifts from Eli, then took the tray of cookies from Noah, and wandered off.

Eli shrugged off his coat, then helped Noah out of his. After Eli hung them in the front closet, Noah followed him into the family room.

There were several kids sitting on the floor, around the Christmas tree, playing with new Christmas toys. An elderly woman sat on the sofa with two younger women.

A colossal, imposing man pushed up from a recliner, and waded through the kids and people on the floor. The man looked like an older version of Eli, though more rugged. He had graying shoulder length hair. His forearms were covered in old-school tattoos. Tough and rough, he looked like he just stepped off a Harley.

He held out his hand to Noah. "John Holmes."

"Noah Anderson." Noah shook his hand. John's grip was firm, squeezing Noah's hand to the point of pain. Noah guessed the man didn't know his own strength.

"Welcome." After shaking Eli's hand, he returned to his chair, and turned his attention back to A Christmas Story, playing on the big screen TV.

Noah discreetly flexed his fist, trying to restore circulation.

Eli cleared his throat. "Everyone, this is Noah."

Noah lifted his hand and waved. "Hi."

* * * *

Eli knew Noah was overwhelmed. Between his brother, sister, and their spouses and a hundred kids, the house was overrun. Then there was his grandmother, father, and mother.

They treated Noah like any other member of the family, which was a good thing. Other than his mother, his family wasn't really touchy-feely.

Noah sat between him and his brother Jack at the dinner table. His mom really went all out. She had cooked all of his favorites, and plenty of it. The food was fantastic, and Eli stuffed his face.

After dinner, everyone retired to the living room to let their food digest, before dessert.

While they sat around, Eli opened the gifts from his parents. He wasn't surprised when his mother gave Noah a gift to open, a restaurant gift card. Eli could tell it made Noah uncomfortable, since he hadn't brought them anything.

Eli put his arm around Noah's shoulders. He looked down at his little man and couldn't help but smile. When Noah lifted his gaze and caught his eyes, Eli's heart skipped a beat. Damn, this gorgeous man was his. Before Noah could react, Eli leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to his lips.

A small smile ghosted Noah's mouth as his eyes darted around the room. With blushing pink cheeks, Noah returned his gaze back to Eli. "Thank you for today," he whispered.

Eli would have done anything to get his little man to look at him like that. That was when he knew he was in love with Noah Anderson.

He whispered back, "Anytime, babe."

Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 50
  • Love 26
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thanks for the laugh Rob...that was classic when noah said he was glad he wasn't wearing the 'sorry ladies, i like dick and choking hazard' shirts. good stuff. i'm glad to see these two getting closer...though it's always a bit tough reading your fav authors wed briefs b/c you get left wanting more! I love these two. it's so hard to get that chemistry going in such short chapters..im still wanting noah to let himself go and let himself feel something...it was a sweet ending though when Eli realized he loves noah. noah definitely deserves him after that crummy ex. I can't remember...does noah know that he tried to pay eli off? i don't think his ex is done yet! he doesn't want him, but he doesn't want to give him up completely. I think he really thought Noah would fall apart when he was losing his last contact with him in the form of the condo. Eli naked with two guns aimed at that idiot is still my fav chapter lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, Rob!

 

It's so wonderful that Eli's family treated Noah just as their own. I'm sure it made Noah feel more comfortable. There's nothing more overwhelming than being invited to spend an important holiday (or any day really), surrounded by someone else's family. It's even worse when that someone else is your b/f and you're meeting his family for the first time. Very nerve-wracking. =)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I stopped visiting my psycho family years ago, that was lovely to read,

so happy for Noah. Also loved the John Holmes reference, could not stop

laughing. I am 44 year bi woman, who has only just discovered gay porn,

(I knew it existed)glad I looked, better than straight and lesbian. I am not a violent women but I am still hoping Derick suffers some.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Just changed to this site so I can follow you and some of my other favorite writers. Really love this series. Can't wait for more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm still thinking Dirtbag, I mean Derrick, is going to show up and tell Noah that Eli is trying to get money out of him. 

Eli really should have told Noah about that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 1/2/2014 at 11:30 AM, pnt44 said:

I stopped visiting my psycho family years ago, that was lovely to read,

so happy for Noah. Also loved the John Holmes reference, could not stop

laughing. I am 44 year bi woman, who has only just discovered gay porn,

(I knew it existed)glad I looked, better than straight and lesbian. I am not a violent women but I am still hoping Derick suffers some.

😆 🤣  he would deserve it, the arse.

Link to comment
On 12/28/2017 at 7:19 PM, Gayl Wolfe said:

I'm still thinking Dirtbag, I mean Derrick, is going to show up and tell Noah that Eli is trying to get money out of him. 

Eli really should have told Noah about that. 

Yes Derek could well do that. I hope thought, that Noah would see through Derek's ploy.

Link to comment

Another super chapter. Eli has known what he wanted from the get go. Noah is slowly realizing it too. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..