Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 990 Words
  • 19,170 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Noah's New Plan - 3. Chapter 3

Eli meets security guard Eli Holmes.

Following Leslie and Nicholas's eyes, Noah looked towards the main doors at the front of the library.

A security guard had walked in and stopped. He stood there dripping water onto the floor.

His head slowly turned back and forth as his dark eyes scanned the library.

The man was a beast, dangerous and mean-looking. His water-logged uniform shirt clung to his body, accentuating his bulging muscles. His head was shaved smooth, though he had a beard.

Who does that? His sideburns just stop at his ears.

As if the man didn't look mean enough, the handgun holstered to his hip finished the job. It made Noah uncomfortable enough to squirm in his shoes. Guns always freaked him out a little.

Now he was starting to get really annoyed. For these kids to presume that they knew Noah and what was best for him... This man was one-hundred percent the opposite of the kind of man Noah liked. Noah's type was men like Derek. Distinguished older men with George Cloony looks. Not some 'roided up ultimate cage fighter.

"No way. If you think I'm going to let 'The Rock' anywhere near me, you must be out of your mind."

Nicholas scoffed. "Well, if you don't want him..."

Leslie tapped Noah's chest and pointed towards the door. "Noah, that right there is what you need. Someone to hold you down, pound you into the mattress."

Nicholas nodded his head as he looked the man up and down. "Mm-hmm. You can just tell he's hung like a--"

"Nicholas!" Noah gasped in horror at the words coming out of the mouths of two seemingly sweet and innocent young people. He was in shock at the way both of these kids were talking and acting. Oh my god, now I'm sounding like an old woman. "Besides, it's not the size that matters."

Nicholas rolled his eyes. "Who told you that? Your pencil-dicked ex-douchebag? Ooh, here he comes."

"I'll be in my office." Noah turned to retreat, but he found himself suddenly alone at the counter.

"Hey."

Noah jumped at the sound of the guard's deep voice. He turned back towards the man and tried to paste on a pleasant smile. The sooner he got rid of the Terminator, the better.

"Hello. How can I help you?"

The cop pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. "I need to get on the Internet. Do you have the Internet here? My Internet at home is down," he said, then muttered under his breath, "Fucking cable company."

"Sure," Noah said. "We have several PCs you can use." He moved around the counter, but stopped and turned back to the other man. "You need a library card."

The man frowned. "Oh, just because I look like this, you don't think I have a library card?"

Noah held his hands palm side up, trying to look non-threatening. "No. I was just saying... Come on." He motioned with a hand and started walking towards the Internet kiosks. When he realized the man hadn't moved, he had to stop and look back.

The guard's eyes turned towards the ground as he mumbled, "donhavacard."

"I'm sorry?"

His eyes moved back up and he let out a huff. "I don't have a library card, okay?"

Noah smiled and resisted the urge to laugh. He returned to the counter and pulled out an application. "Just fill this out and we'll get you set up in no time. I just need an ID."

The rent-a-cop filled out the form and handed it back with his driver's license.

Noah grabbed a new card and swiped it into the computer and entered the data from the form. Eli Holmes was the man's name. Noah couldn't help but notice that the man was eight years younger than Noah.

After returning Eli's driver's license along with his new library card, Noah escorted him to the computers. Once Eli sat down in one of the empty cubicles, Noah showed him how to log in using his new card to get online.

"Thanks, buddy." His eyes drifted to the picture ID badge that hung from the lanyard around Noah's neck. He then stared directly into Noah's eyes and held the gaze. "Noah."

If he didn't know better, he thought Eli might have been flirting with him. It seemed like his eyes were heated. Noah wasn't really used to men hitting on him. Maybe he had been out of the game too long. He never had to worry about this stuff before. He had Derek.

Besides, he was not interested in this man. He gave Eli an awkward smile. "You're welcome. Let me know if you need anything else." He went back to the counter and pulled out his notepad.

"Somebody's got a crush."

Noah jumped at Leslie's sing-songy voice. He looked at the young lady and shook his head. "What? No I don't. You're crazy."

"He's hot for you."

"Again, you're crazy."

"When you were walking away, he was totally checking out your ass."

Noah felt his face getting hot. "I... uh... I got work to do."

He left quickly, making his way to the back corner of the library. Among the history stacks, he was not likely to be bothered. Settling down at the lone table, he picked up the book someone had left behind entitled Ancient Greek Archaeology. The marble vases and statues that decorated the cover were breathtakingly beautiful.

Perhaps he should add a trip to Greece to his plan. He had been to London with Derek, but had never had a chance to visit continental Europe.

He flipped through the book for a bit, then set it aside.

Noah fished out his notepad and opened it up. Two words slapped him in the face:

1. GET LAID.

Just as he was about to cross the words out, a shadow fell over Noah's workspace and a deep voice interrupted his thoughts.

"So. I hear you're looking to get fucked."

span>This week's inspiration was a picture of a marble vase.
Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 65
  • Love 4
  • Haha 12
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good story! I'm enjoying it so far. I'm looking forward to reading more. As someone in his 40's, I can relate to it pretty well!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

awesome timing. Interesting last line but my question is it said by Eli or the guy that he was set up for. Somehow tough and built guy with the gun on his hip might have made that comment but the tough and built guy that was to shy that he ended up mumbling he didn't have a library card doesn't strike me as the type to walk up and say to a stranger that I hear you need to be fucked. The first guy came in for internet service not to get laid so yeah I'm thinking we are talking two different guys hehe. great chapter if nothig else got Noah nicely stirred up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree with Daithi, but again won't be sure what's going on untill the next chapter. Love it so far. Thanks for writing and sharing Rob.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm so confused by Daithi's review. lol I feel like I have to re-read the chapter again. Who is this other guy she's talking about? I thought there was only Eli there, the security guard, using the internet b/c it's down in his house. I was thinking that he just walked quietly up to Noah and was being nosy, reading Noah's sheet of paper. Or maybe Noah's two crazy employees told Eli what was going on and that's why he's there with Noah.

 

Oi, at any rate, I'm on to the next chapter. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Have to love friends who want to "help" after a breakup -- primarily because you can't bury them in the back yard. 0:)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 3/23/2019 at 9:21 PM, john fraser said:

Gets better with each chapter...........

It sure does. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..