Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 4,823 Words
  • 1,645 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Boys of the 1950s - 15. Chapter 15 Goodbye Pleasant Valley – Hello Kent State

The parents of Peter, Ann and Louise each drove their child to Kent the Saturday before Freshman Week started. Tom drove his parents in his car as he would keep it at Kent. The Kowalskis would ride back to Pleasant Valley with the Smiths. As is typical for college freshmen and their parents the parents wanted to linger after helping unload and the students were anxious for them to leave. After waving goodbye the boys went to their own private room with a lock on the door while the girls went to their room in a girls’ dorm across campus.

As the door closed Peter and Tom stood in the middle of the room and embraced each other. Finally they could be together for more than a couple of days such as their trips to Seville. When home they mostly settled with quick blow jobs and fucks when they were usually concerned someone would interrupt them. Peter wisely said, “While l am sure we would like to just make out for the next couple of hours I think we should open the door and get to know our dorm mates. We do not want to have the reputation of being the two boys who stay behind closed doors with the record player going loud covering muffled sounds.” Tom replied that he knew Peter was correct as he pulled him in for a lip locked kiss, rubbed him crotch to crotch and then pushed him away as he opened the door.

A boy stopped by their room and introduced himself as Bryce Owens from Lakewood. He had bright red curly hair, was wearing a tight white tee shirt that showed off his muscular arms, nipples and tight abs. His tight Levis emphasized his basket (Peter wondered if it was real or if he had put a sock in his pants for prominence – hopefully he would have an opportunity to check him out in the shower). Bryce had played football for Lakewood and recognized Tom’s name. He asked if he was the Tom Smith who was quarterback for Pleasant Valley. They had played against each other the week after Tom and Peter had first met. Bryce told them he was trying out for football at KSU. He was surprised Tom was not trying out. Tom explained that while he enjoyed playing his first priority at Kent was classes and grades and his second was taking care of his body (actually his first was Peter but that need not be announced). He said he would workout at the gym, hopefully daily, but not let his body take the abuse of football even though a quarterback was not as likely to be rammed, stomped on and generally abused as most players. Bryce laughed and said he liked to ram and abuse other guys. Bryce was ignoring Peter which irritated Tom. Tom then turned the conversation to his roommate explaining they had been good friends in high school and decided to room together. Tom then pointed to the picture of Ann and told how he and Peter were dating Ann and her best friend whose picture was on Peter’s desk. Bryce realizing that he better include Peter in the conversation suggested that they hang out sometime. Bryce discussed the fraternity situation. He stated he was being rushed by the Deltas, the best jock house on campus. Tom replied that he had also received an invitation to attend a rush from the Deltas but had not decided if he would attend any rush events the following week. He did not tell Bryce that since Peter would have no interest in or even be invited to join a ‘jock house’ he would not even consider joining. However, he felt that because of his high school reputation he should at least appear to be interested. In fact Tom and Peter were constantly attempting to appear as horny teenagers eager to get into their girl friends’ pants. No one would suspect that these two guys with girl friends were into each other. When Bryce left Peter said in a low voice since the door was open, “Did you notice how he frequently looked at your crotch and when he said he liked to ram and abuse other guys he stared into your eyes. I think I detected a trouser snake started to grow as he said that.” Tom just laughed and told Peter he was imagining, maybe wishful thinking of a threesome. Peter did not want to admit it but he was thinking of a threesome.

They went to the dorm cafeteria for their first supper. It was not crowded since many of their dorm mates had gone out with their parents. Tom and Peter sat at a long table with four chairs on each side. They had decided to sit across from each other and talk without looking at the others face. Part of the ‘we are not into men’ act. They had just sat down when Bryce got up from the table where he was sitting alone and asked if he could join them. Peter replied “sure” and Bryce sat next to Tom. As he sat the chair accidently moved closer to Tom. Later Tom told Peter that he was sure that Bryce’s knee pressing firmly against his was not an accident. Tom had pretended to not notice while as he admitted to Peter he started to get hard.

The dorm bathroom had a gang shower with four shower heads. Tom and Peter decided they would not shower at the same time. More of their plan to appear as straight boys. Tom showered first. When Peter returned from his Tom was waiting wearing only a towel since he would have liked to have been naked but did not want anyone to see him lounging naked if someone was passing in the hall when Peter entered the room. Peter locked the door as Tom turned on the radio. Their towels dropped to the floor and they were soon initiating one of the beds. They sucked, fucked and slept naked in each other’s arms. They each had a pair of pajamas nearby in case there was a fire drill or other reason to leave the room in the middle of the night. Before getting into the bed against the outside wall Peter had messed up the other bed so it would appear both were used if the door were open.

The next morning, Sunday, Tom went to mass at the local Catholic Church and Peter wondered around campus. On Sundays dorm residents were permitted to eat in opposite sex dorms. Peter and Tom met Louise and Ann at the girl’s dorm for Sunday dinner. After dinner they drove around town in Tom’s car. Since in 1956 no stores were open on Sundays they just checked out the town. That evening there was a freshman mixer (dance) that the four attended together. They saw Bryce with some of his football friends and made a special effort to introduce Ann and Louise to him.

The next few days were a whirlwind of activity for the new freshmen. Each had a group meeting with the deans and department heads of their majors followed by individual meetings with faculty advisors. After determining what courses they should take their first semester each went to the gym where tables were set up for each professor who had a set of cards, one for each student in each of their classes. Peter, Tom, Louise, Ann and all the freshman went to each professor’s table and obtained a registration card if the class was not full. The process took all day since many classes were not available by the time they got to a specific professor. Peter and Tom were able to get into the same Freshman Composition and World Civilizations courses. Peter and Louise registered for the same physics class. Ann and Louise were also able to register for the same Freshman Composition course, but not the same class as the boys.

They each visited tables set up by various organizations. Tom obtained literature about the Cardinal Newman Society (Roman Catholic Campus Organization). Peter and Louise decided not to audition for the marching band. They did not want to commit themselves to play at every football game, home and away. However they did investigate playing in the Symphonic Orchestra. They both auditioned and were accepted.

Tom and Peter visited open houses at various fraternities. It became obvious that the popular (meaning jock) houses were interested in Tom but not Peter. The middle of the road houses and those with high academic reputations were interested in Peter but not Tom. Tom was too much of a well know jock for the “middle houses” and not academically qualified for the houses with high academic standings. Louise and Ann had similar experiences visiting sororities. This situation was no surprise to any of them. None of them really wanted to join a house. They did enjoy the parties at the beginning although each being snubbed by various houses was not really pleasant. They went to the events with no expectations and had a lot of laughs.

Tom thought it would be a good idea to keep in contact with Keith Klemen the insurance executive he had met in Columbus. It was a combination of good sex and the realization that Keith would be a beneficial mentor on course work and career. He wanted to be sure this letter would present himself in a professional manner. Tom purchased good quality off white beige stationery and using his Parker ink pen wrote in black ink using his best penmanship a very professional letter with references to the good time they had that only Keith would understand. He hoped to introduce Peter to Keith.

Dear Mr. Klemen:

Our conversation last month in Columbus was very meaningful to me. As I begin my business management studies here at Kent State I appreciate your comments and guidance. What I thought would be a lonely and boring evening when I was unexpectedly detained in Columbus while working for my Uncle’s furniture business turned into a very informative and interesting time. Your insight into business and more importantly life was fascinating and meaningful to me.

If you have no objections I may contact you in the future if I have questions about my course work or career plans. If you are ever in Northeast Ohio I hope we might meet and share another dinner and conversation.

Sincerely yours, Tom Kowalski

A week later Tom received a reply from Keith. The letter had been dictated to and typed by his secretary. He was surprised that Keith was not just an “office manage” but “Vice-President” of a well known insurance company.

Dear Tom:

It was with great pleasure that I received your letter. I remember our enjoyable meeting in Columbus. You are an interesting multi-talented young man. From football to academics to social skills, you have them all.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about academic courses, career plans or other life events. If your travels should bring you to Central Illinois I hope we may meet again for dinner and conversation.

Very truly yours (and your friend), Keith Klemen, Vice-President, Olentangy Mutual Insurance Company.

Tom went to the library and searched for references to Keith in the Reader’s Guide to Periodical Literature and the Wall Street Journal index. He found numerous references to Keith in business publications and realized he had met a respected businessman as well as an incredibly sexy, hot guy.

During his four years at KSU Tom wrote Keith at least every semester always receiving an encouraging reply. Eventually Tom met Keith and introduced him to Peter. The meeting discussed later was enjoyable for all!

Classes began and all four were soon immersed in their academic pursuits. For the most part it was a typical freshman first semester. Tom encourage Peter to either workout in the gym or swim almost every day. As a result tall, skinny Peter bulked up in the right places. Also, he enjoyed checking out the other guys in the gym and pool. He was aware that a few guys were checking him out in the locker room. He pretended not to notice but he did!

Tom noticed that frequently when he showered in the dorm Bryce would soon arrive in the shower. Redhead (and red cock bush) Bryce was handsome with nice pecs and abs with a cut dick on the small size. While Tom normally did nothing to encourage Bryce one day he decided to see if he was a “grower” (the 90% of guys whose dicks get bigger when hard) or a “shower” (the 10% whose dicks are the same size soft and hard – guys with big soft dicks that stay the same size when hard). (note: the spelling is the same for shower and shower – one means someone who shows while the other means to take a spray bath). Tom entered the shower and soon Bryce arrived and stood next to Tom while showering. Tom decided to meticulously wash his uncut dick. Standing just inches Bryce and facing him Tom casually pulled his foreskin back and slowly, carefully washed his dick head. He was sure Bryce was watching him. While Tom slowly cleaned his dick he kept his eyes down and observed Bryce’s dick getting hard. His hard dick was as unimpressive hard as soft. Bryce was a handsome redhead with a small dick. As soon as his dick was at full mast Bryce turned around and kept his back to Tom until Tom finished and left the shower area. Tom reported his findings to Peter and they agreed that Peter was correct in his assessment that Bryce had put a sock in his crotch to create a bulge in his Levi’s the day they had met soon after first arrival on campus.

A week later Bryce again entered the shower soon after Tom. He soon dropped his soap while facing Tom. He leaned over to pick it up and was so close to Tom that Bryce’s head lightly brushed against Tom’s dick as he stood up. Bryce looked at Tom and smiled, Tom ignored him pretending nothing had happened. Bryce then dropped the soap again. This time it landed behind him. He turned around and slowly leaned over to pick up the soap. He stayed in this position longer than necessary with his cute bubble ass and rosebud hole pointed right at Tom. This was too much for Tom and he could not resist this beautiful sight. Finally he said “Nice ass” and gently tapped it. Bryce stood up and turned to Tom and smiled. Both boys were now rock hard. Bryce then suggested that they should cool off. He told Tom his roommate was gone for the evening and that maybe Tom would want to come (or is it cum) to his room. They wrapped their towels around their waists and walked to Bryce’s room. As soon as they entered the room Bryce kneeled in front of Tom and removed his towel. He then swallowed Tom’s dick all the way. Tom thought this guy is certainly experienced. After a few movements up and down Tom’s shaft, Tom told Bryce he was almost ready to shoot. Bryce then stood up and leaned over with his hands on the seat of his desk chair. He spit on his hands and lubed both Tom’s dick and his asshole. Bryce then asked Tom to “shove it in man”. Tom was ready to fuck the bent over boy and easily penetrated Bryce’s willing ass from behind. Tom was surprised that Bryce took him easily with just a little spit for lube. While Tom pumped Bryce jerked himself off. Tom gave out a muffled groan as he shot his load into the willing ass. Bryce continued to jackoff and soon shot his load. Tom just said “Thanks man” but on his towel and walked out. He had given Bryce no indication that he was anything other than a “straight guy” getting a fuck from a buddy. Of course Tom reported the scene to Peter as soon as he returned to the room.

Two days later Tom was again in the shower when Bryce entered. Bryce asked Tom if he wanted to get his rocks taken care of again. Tom replied “Hey man, I have to admit I enjoyed what we did. But I have to save myself for my girl”. He thought to himself, so I am lying as I really want to save myself for my man.

About a month later Peter was in the shower when Bryce arrived. Bryce had ignored Peter in the past. Peter decided to have a little fun with Bryce. Bryce was not at the shower next to Peter’s but a few feet away at the furthest one. This may have been the first time Bryce had seen Peter’s dick. Being well above average in size Bryce could not miss it. Peter scratched his balls and said “I sure miss my girl. She went home for her grandfather’s funeral and won’t be back for two days. He then took his dick in his hand and slightly stroked it. He then asked Bryce what he did when he didn’t get any for awhile. Bryce stared at Peter’s growing cock and said he would do what any healthy boy would, jerkoff. Peter replied that he would like to but couldn’t do it in the shower as someone might catch him and he could not go back to his room as Tom was there. Bryce suggested they go to his room. He assured Peter his roommate was out.

Peter followed Bryce to his room and the scene of a month earlier with Tom was soon repeated. Bryce was quickly on his knees licking Peter’s dickhead. He had some difficulty swallowing Peter’s long fat dick. After a few slurps he had it up to the base. Peter told him to slow down as he was almost ready. Bryce stood up and took a jar of Vaseline out of his desk drawer. He liberally coated Peter’s impressive long dick and then lubed his asshole. He leaned over and Peter grabbed his hips and leaned forward putting a hand over Bryce’s mouth. He then shoved in with a steady thrust. Bryce’s scream was muffled by the big hand. Peter showed no mercy and fucked him hard. Peter knew Bryce was a strong boy and could have resisted if he wanted. Obviously he did not want to resist. As Peter drained himself into Bryce the young man shot his load onto the floor having never touched his dick.

After the fuck Bryce felt light headed and thought he had almost passed out from the ecstasy of the pounding from the biggest dick to ever enter him. Finally Bryce thanked Peter for the “fuck of his life”. He told Peter his ass was available anytime. Peter replied as Tom had that he really needed to save it for his special person. He thanked Bryce but told him as great as it was it would probably not happen again. As far as Bryce knew neither Tom nor Peter was aware that the other had fucked him. Also he was positive both were straight guys just getting some extra action. While Bryce was happy to accommodate either of them he had no hope that it would be a regular event.

As soon as he returned to their room having first stopped at the shower to clean off the Vaseline Peter reported his adventure with Bryce. He told Tom how he had seduced him in the shower and then roughly plowed into his ass. Tom responded by hugging the still naked Peter and telling him his story was making him horny. Tom pushed Peter down on the bed and laid on his side behind him. He then wiggled out of his clothes while holding Peter. After some nipple play and body caressing Tom reached for the Vaseline that was always conveniently located in the night stand drawer and was soon slowly, lovingly fucking his lover. The boys soon peacefully fell asleep.

Neither of them every fucked Bryce again. However they did shamelessly exhibit themselves to him while in the shower and Tom always carefully cleaned under his foreskin whenever Bryce showered next to him. Sometimes Bryce would openly jerkoff and cum while Tom cleaned his dick. Never a word was spoken but both got their jollies. Peter would sometimes get his dick half hard when Bryce was in the shower. Bryce would jerk off and Peter would say something stupid like “all that stuff you leave on the floor could cause someone to slip and break their ass”. Then both boys would laugh and go their separate ways.

Fraternity Rushing

Neither Tom nor Peter had any great desire to join a fraternity. However, they decided to visit various houses during “Rush Week”, the third week of classes.

The “Delta” house was one of the jock fraternities. They and the other jock houses had actively pursued Tom. All the jock houses had sent him letters and invitations during the summer. Brothers (fraternity members) stopped by Tom’s room Freshman Week (the orientation week before classes started) to discuss fraternity life and invite him to rush parties. While visiting Tom they had ignored Peter.

When Tom and Peter arrived at a rush party at the Delta House three brothers excitedly greeted Tom, shaking his hand, slapping him on the back and escorting him throughout the house explaining the virtues of life with the Deltas. One of the houses selling points was its extensive exam file. Every time a brother took an exam he would, if possible keep a copy. These were put in a file by professor and course. If an essay exam were taken the questions would be recorded and filed. Since some professors used the same exams year after year there were certain courses that brothers could take with little need to study (or learn anything). While most fraternities and sororities had such files the Deltas claimed to have one of the most extensive. Peter and Tom learned while visiting various fraternities that each claimed one of the best exam files.

While Tom was treated as royalty Peter was shunned. Tom tried to bring Peter into this circle of ‘friends’ but was unable to as he was surrounded with the smiling jocks. Peter was not upset with his treatment. He had no desire to hang out with the jocks. He soon quietly left the house and walked back to the dorm. Meanwhile, Tom being less than happy with the obvious snubbing of Peter attempted to make his escape. He also had no desire to hang out with these gung-ho boys. However, with his reputation as a star quarterback in high school he was besieged with attention. Finally he told them he had to get back to the dorm to work on an English Composition paper. Two of the jocks accompanied him talking up life at the Delta house all during the fifteen minute walk. Upon arrival at his room they entered his room although uninvited. Again Peter was ignored. Tom thanked the boys for an informative evening and told them he really needed to get to work on the assignment. At that point one of the fraternity boys, Louis, offered to stay and help Tom. He stated he was an English major and would be willing to write the paper for him. Tom thanked Louis telling him he had already started the paper and that his roommate, Peter, was willing to help him as needed. Tom had to almost push the overeager jocks out of the room.

As soon as they left Tom said: “What a house full of assholes. I’m sorry you were treated so terribly.” Peter replied that there were no surprises and that he would have really felt out of place if he had been welcomed by the jocks. He also noted that the activities of the evening verified that they were seen as just roommates and not lovers. If the frat boys had any inkling of their relationship they would not have given a homo a hero’s welcome. Peter further stated that the only thing he liked about the Deltas was the “eye candy”. He sure did enjoy looking at them, but would probably not want to have a conversation with any of them. Tom laughed stating he fully agreed. He then told Peter he had no English paper due and would have time for a grand fuck, suck and cuddle. Soon the boys were naked with no thought of the Deltas.

The next evening they visited the Beta House, one of the more intellectual fraternities. This time Peter was the man of the hour. The fraternity had an in with the admissions office and was aware of those incoming freshman with high school honors. Overall the Betas had better manners than the Deltas and did not ignore Tom just because he was not a high achiever. However it was obvious that Peter would likely be given an invitation to pledge and Tom would not.

The third evening Peter and Tom visited the Gamma House. This house had the distinction of being considered one of the best party houses on campus. Jocks such as Tom and scholars such as Peter were welcome as long as they were party boys. Off campus drinking parties were legendary. The boys were soon bored with all the bragging about drinking and partying and quietly left within a half hour of arrival.

The following evenings they visited Alpha house, a “middle of the road” group of nice guys. They met a few brothers (members) who were jocks, but not stars. Peter also had interesting conversations with three math and science majors. They both enjoyed the evening and were surprised that upon returning to their room they both shared positive thoughts about joining a fraternity. Prior to visiting this house of ordinary guys both had generally bad impressions of fraternities.

The parties and events at fraternity houses continued for ten days. A week later invitations were sent to prospective members. Tom as assumed received an invitation from the Delta house and Peter did not. Peter received an invitation from the Beta House and Tom did not. Neither of these were surprises. If either of these houses or any house knew that Peter and Tom came as an inseparable, devoted package probably neither would have received any invitations. They were thankfully ignored by the Gammas and similar Animal Houses. They both received invitations from the Alphas. They stayed up until three o’clock discussing (with breaks for other activities) the advantages and disadvantages of fraternity life. Finally they decided to accept the invitations from the Alphas.

Tom received some nasty comments from some Deltas about his joining a ‘nothing’ fraternity when he could have been part of the ‘greatest’ house on campus. Tom just smiled making no comment to the super macho boys.

There were nineteen new pledges. All were just nice guys, not the party animals or highly testosterone jocks of some houses. Tom and Peter made friendships (but no sex) that lasted years beyond university. The pledges were expected to be slaves and worship the upper class brothers. They had cleaning and other work assignments. It was done in a lighthearted way and none of the freshmen pledges resented it. Some fraternities used the pledging as a demeaning activity and in a few cases actually injured pledges by beatings, exposure to cold and other malicious activities. There were monthly parties that the pledges were required to set up, attend and then clean up. They were expected to bring dates to the parties. Tom and Peter had no problems in the date area. A couple of pledges did not seem to have any female prospects. They would be set up with dates with the help of the girl friends of upper class brothers. Tom and Peter wondered about the few fellow pledges who seemed to have no interest in girls. They decided to keep a low profile and not pursue it.

The boys got through the semester with no calamities. They had the support of each other, Ann and Louise and the brothers of Alpha. The fraternity assigned an academic counselor to each pledge who monitored there progress.

About every two weeks Tom drove home for at least a one day visit. Peter and the girls usually went with him. Sometimes it was a long weekend, Friday evening to Sunday – sometimes jest a quick trip for a few hours on Saturday or Sunday. Tom always attempted to have time with Father McFadden. Three times during the semester the boys attended Frank’s Church near Akron, about a twenty minute drive from Kent.

The original version of “The Boys of 1950s” was shared with my circle of gay friends including friends in Poland, Russia and Germany. Consequently sometimes I define words or expressions that might be unfamiliar or confusing to my friends abroad. For example the word shower could mean to show or demonstrate something or take a water bath (douche in Europe).
Copyright © 2017 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A great chapter, Tallguy. It's nice to see them settling into university life so well, and the encounters with Bryce were funny. Poor guy, gets to sample the 'forbidden fruit', but can't have it more than once.
I was surprised that Tom and Peter joined a fraternity--doesn't it interfere with their 'fun' private time? Or do they not live at the house?
I had no interest in fraternities, though I did go to a couple parties held by some friends' houses...I lucked out and commuted rather than live on campus...or maybe I was unlucky, since I might have had sex sooner if I had? My campus had a low-key gay organization, as well as more obvious ones for other minorities or women, but I didn't attend any meetings of one until moving into Columbus near OSU. Made a few friends in that group, met some partners, but wasn't really interested in activism beyond marching in a couple Pride parades in the late 80s-90s.
Next chapter please!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..